Simmons on ESPN?

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Simmons on ESPN?

Postby nova » 11 Dec 2010, 15:45

I'm generally not a fan of a three man booth, but I loathe when the third person isn't adding any insight. The extent of Simpson's 'analysis' was that the Heat are really good, are capable of putting together big runs, and Lebron James gets preferential treatment from the officials. He "did fine", in that he gave Jackson and McDonough statements to follow-up upon. Other than that, I think it seemed forced.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby DNice » 12 Dec 2010, 08:02

nasty nova wrote:I'm generally not a fan of a three man booth, but I loathe when the third person isn't adding any insight. The extent of Simpson's 'analysis' was that the Heat are really good, are capable of putting together big runs, and Lebron James gets preferential treatment from the officials. He "did fine", in that he gave Jackson and McDonough statements to follow-up upon. Other than that, I think it seemed forced.

Of course it seemed forced because it was. But taking it for what it was I think he did an okay job. My only complaint was his "crowd analysis." Coming back from the second half he mentioned how the Golden State crowd had an "impact" in the first half and mentioned the energy of the crowd a few times throughout the telecast. Granted I do think crowds can have some impact during the games but Bill gives "the crowd" too much credit. It's like if he mentions something enough then people will start to believe it. That's what we love/hate about our boy.
DNice
Another dude worth meeting

Postby nova » 12 Dec 2010, 12:14

DNice wrote: It's like if he mentions something enough then people will start to believe it. That's what we love/hate about our boy.

People like this about Simpson?
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby DNice » 12 Dec 2010, 14:13

nasty nova wrote:
DNice wrote: It's like if he mentions something enough then people will start to believe it. That's what we love/hate about our boy.

People like this about Simpson?

Gil?
DNice
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Bricks » 13 Dec 2010, 00:27

I know plenty of Simpson sycophants and yes, they love that about him. Gives them validation for acting like fuckwads at games because then they're just making their fan impact.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Dec 2010, 08:59

watched the first half - i thought he was nervous at the start and settled down after the first TV timeout in the 1st quarter. I was enjoying it by the 2nd quarter. Better than Kornheiser, which is the most appropriate comparison i think. I was worried he would go mr. tony's route and tell random rambling stories in the middle of gameplay, etc...but he did a good job keeping it short.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 11 Aug 2016, 07:14

SimmonsForPres wrote:Hey everybody, I'm new to the site and just wanted to say I'm just as obsessed with Bill as you guys are.

you have a long way to go before you reach Dthe level. Please share your thoughts on all the recent developments, TY.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell