Klosterman's Kolumn

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Klosterman's Kolumn

Postby mister bacon » 22 Aug 2012, 11:25

kaskomm09 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:Relatively recent (8/9/12) BS Report I just discovered, in which Chuck interviews Kirk Herbstreit about college football:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8252177

+uno. I was a big fan of that podcast.

same. these two should do a podcast every month. that was terrific. i would really have loved if they discussed herbie's parents splitting up a bit more. and i typically dont give a shit about that sort of thing. but, it sounded really sad and lonely... and kind of puts his whole sports career in a different light to me.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Aug 2012, 13:32

Great, Simmons has Chuck "fixing" things:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/831 ... hanges-nfl

At the bottom of the column:
My guess is that most people reading this column are likely thinking, These are OK arguments for generally bad ideas.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 30 Aug 2012, 13:35

Colonel Angus wrote:Great, Simmons has Chuck "fixing" things:

My guess is that most people reading this column are likely thinking, These are OK arguments for generally bad ideas.

Why would he want to reward an offense that can't even get to the Red Zone with more points for a FG?
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby JT99 » 30 Aug 2012, 13:49

it is amazing how much more self-aware he is that Simmons.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby White Lightning » 30 Aug 2012, 21:09

JT99 wrote:

it is amazing how much more self-aware he is that Simmons.

I agree very much. I thought it was an interesting article, and I enjoyed reading it, but he is right, none of these changes would happen. But, it is an interesting thing to read about.
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Aug 2012, 21:10

Teams wouldn't even have to take sacks to back out of the 10 or red zone or whatever for FGs, just take delay of games
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby NotAndyGreenwald » 20 Jun 2015, 07:13

chrisco wrote:Klosterman is the new Ethicist for the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/magaz ... &src=rechp

This is a beloved feature in the Sunday magazine. I had never heard about it until a few weeks ago when Chuck assumed the mantle.

Anyway is you are wondering why there are fewer Van Halen reviews on Grantland, its because he is tackling important WPP like this:

CAT BURGLAR

Our 12-year-old cat, who has been sick with a tumor for a month, was catnapped by our neighbor, who took our cat to his veterinarian to have the tumor removed. We opted against surgery when our vet told us the cat’s heart was weak and that he would most likely not survive surgery. We were caring for him as best we could. Can my neighbor’s conduct be justified? NAME WITHHELD

JTTFC what is wrong with people? (rhetoric, before assholes like kite try and make a list)
mj3528 » 03 Dec 2015, 22:34 something rarely said, but NAG was right.

Gregs Kite - Yesterday, 20:56: Is NAG _ v2.0?
NotAndyGreenwald
Rocky Balboa

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Jun 2015, 18:11

Maybe the cat is a Christian Scientists and opposed to modern medicine.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BigJohnStudd » 20 Jun 2015, 18:22

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse advice column than Dear Prudence, but here we are.

Also, Chuck quit writing it in February. It took 3 people to replace him. They are conspicuously ethnically diverse in a way that is otherwise only seen when new characters are added to children's books when they are adapted into programs on PBS.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Jun 2015, 14:49

BigJohnStudd wrote:I didn't think it was possible to have a worse advice column than Dear Prudence, but here we are.

Also, Chuck quit writing it in February. It took 3 people to replace him. They are conspicuously ethnically diverse in a way that is otherwise only seen when new characters are added to children's books when they are adapted into programs on PBS.

You know...chuggingtons trains have started seeming multiracial to me as it has become my sons favorite show and I have to watch it a lot. None of the humans I've seen on the show are white. Not that there's anything wrong with that
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 22 Jun 2015, 12:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:I didn't think it was possible to have a worse advice column than Dear Prudence, but here we are.

You know...chuggingtons trains have started seeming multiracial to me as it has become my sons favorite show and I have to watch it a lot. None of the humans I've seen on the show are white. Not that there's anything wrong with that

thomas the train engine is white supremacist dreck. this is prob an attempt to differentiate.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Jun 2015, 12:38

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

thomas the train engine is white supremacist dreck. this is prob an attempt to differentiate.

Catz
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 22 Jun 2015, 16:29

mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Thomas The Tank Engine tries to perpetuate a "Little England" version of that country that no longer exists in a multicultural world where the UK has sold it's sovereignty to Brussells & the European Union. And as for Northwestern Railways, those capitalist pigs, have no regard for their rolling stock. Thomas, PercyHenry & the rest should unionise - WORKERS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Jan 2016, 16:18

Klosterman's next book sounds interesting:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/klosterm ... er_vulture
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BigJohnStudd » 20 Jan 2016, 14:40

Briandong79 wrote:Klosterman's next book sounds interesting:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/klosterm ... er_vulture

His last book was all right, but it felt short, maybe because I read it on my e-reader. The topic of the new one doesn't feel particularly fresh, but I'm sure I'll read it.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell