DeadSpin

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: DeadSpin

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 14:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
the cheese wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Pass catching, running out of shotgun, pass blocking, FUCKING FUMBLING.....yeah, APs got a couple holes in addition to being a 32 year old war horse with several severe injuries and twenty other pounds of baggage.

Arguably an all-time top 5 RB when going downhill.

Barry Sanders if Barry was a 6'2" 220lb monster human, playing behind a worse line with a succession of even worse QBs throwing to terrible receivers for an organization that couldn't stop tripping over its dick. And if Barry beat his eight illegitimate children.

Point of order - we had a good line that one year we had a good QB and Harvin and Sidney Rice (full circle yokel!). And Barry was better.

Otherwise, yes you are correct.

The left side of that line was good. And forgive me for not thinking super highly of grey-dicked 40+ Brett Favre.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Mar 2017, 14:38

the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Pass catching, running out of shotgun, pass blocking, FUCKING FUMBLING.....yeah, APs got a couple holes in addition to being a 32 year old war horse with several severe injuries and twenty other pounds of baggage.

Barry Sanders if Barry was a 6'2" 220lb monster human, playing behind a worse line with a succession of even worse QBs throwing to terrible receivers for an organization that couldn't stop tripping over its dick. And if Barry beat his eight illegitimate children.

Point of order - we had a good line that one year we had a good QB and Harvin and Sidney Rice (full circle yokel!). And Barry was better.

The left side of that line was good. And forgive me for not thinking super highly of grey-dicked 40+ Brett Favre.

Had arguably the best year of his career! save....one...........attempt........and here come the tears.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Mar 2017, 14:49

the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Had arguably the best year of his career! save....one...........attempt........and here come the tears.

Farve was great that year and Barry played on shitty teams, I mean Scott Mitchell, come on.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Mar 2017, 14:50

TVF wannabe wrote:
the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Farve was great that year and Barry played on shitty teams, I mean Scott Mitchell, come on.

Emmitt was better than either of them *ducks*
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 14:50

Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Ok Goobis.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Mar 2017, 14:52

Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout running backs, a Cowboys fan got to pull Emmitt Smith out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Emmitt Smith. Emmitt Smith. Let me tell you something once and for all. Emmitt Smith was good, but compared to Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith ain't shit.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 28 Mar 2017, 14:56

Briandong79 wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
the cheese wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout running backs, a Cowboys fan got to pull Emmitt Smith out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Emmitt Smith. Emmitt Smith. Let me tell you something once and for all. Emmitt Smith was good, but compared to Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith ain't shit.

Barry Sanders played for the Lions at a time when I cared about the Browns more than Jike cared about Firefly, so a lot. The few times he played me, he killed me. Guy was just frightening and left you feeling hopeless.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 14:58

Barry does Cordell and Cordell radio ads around here that are depressing as hell.

Barry was, is, and will always be better than Emmit.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Mar 2017, 14:59

I don't remember, how many rings does Barry have? Or yards? Or touchdowns?

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Mar 2017, 15:03

I googled Barry Sanders Tampa Bay Buccaneers box score and immediately led me to the right game.

FOH with Emmitt, Dong.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Mar 2017, 15:04

Briandong79 wrote:I don't remember, how many rings does Barry have? Or yards? Or touchdowns?

What about yards per carry? Not to mention the Offensive Lines
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby mj3528 » 28 Mar 2017, 15:07

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I googled Barry Sanders Tampa Bay Buccaneers box score and immediately led me to the right game.

FOH with Emmitt, Dong.

This was his rookie year against a good Browns team

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198911230det.htm

Bob Gagliano was the Lions QB.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Mar 2017, 15:08

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I googled Barry Sanders Tampa Bay Buccaneers box score and immediately led me to the right game.

FOH with Emmitt, Dong.

168 with a separated shoulder. Meh.

TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I don't remember, how many rings does Barry have? Or yards? Or touchdowns?

'

What about most negative yardage carries in NFL history?

The Lions offensive line was great. GTFOH.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 28 Mar 2017, 15:09

Briandong79 wrote:

FOH with Emmitt, Dong.

168 with a separated shoulder. Meh.

TVF wannabe wrote:

'

What about most negative yardage carries in NFL history?

The Lions offensive line was great. GTFOH.

Wait are you being serious here?
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Mar 2017, 16:26

Ok, XLC, ya got us, better team=better individual player
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell