ESPN the Mag or SI?

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: ESPN the Mag or SI?

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Mar 2015, 09:05

BigJohnStudd wrote:Have we discussed this yet? I miss out on a lot, now that I work during the evenings.

\:D/
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 28 Mar 2015, 10:24

Watch out for the SI cover curse, FTT. I'd be worried for your new car.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Jun 2015, 00:42

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BigJohnStudd » 21 Jun 2015, 22:32

ESPN The Mag's upcoming "Body Issue" (the one with the naked athletes) is going to feature something called Coco Ho, which is apparently a lady surfer, and not the world's worst breakfast cereal.

Here she is from ESPN.go.cocoho.com (Naked of course. Click at your own peril.)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0707/mag14_bww_cocoho01_1296x729.jpg
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Aug 2015, 12:18

I can't count how many times I've been disappointed to see an interesting article headline on SI.com only to click on it and see it's a fansided article. HATEHATEHATE.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Sep 2015, 10:46

CourtesyFlush wrote:I can't count how many times I've been disappointed to see an interesting article headline on SI.com only to click on it and see it's a fansided article. HATEHATEHATE.

fansided is a scourge upon humanity

both si and espn's sites need to stop with the fucking imbedded autoplay video in every stupid fucking article. gee are are are are
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 01 Sep 2015, 10:57

Rodney Farva wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:I can't count how many times I've been disappointed to see an interesting article headline on SI.com only to click on it and see it's a fansided article. HATEHATEHATE.

fansided is a scourge upon humanity

both si and espn's sites need to stop with the fucking imbedded autoplay video in every stupid fucking article. gee are are are are

the next chrome update disables autoplay in flash as a default.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Oct 2015, 10:35

derrrrrrpppppppp...........

Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Oct 2015, 13:22

DOUBLE POST OHMYHOLYFUCKINGGOD someone there woke up and fixed it

ETA an explanation since some people have had trouble following what ol' unka rodney is saying here, and a triple post may break the bored.

- the si.com website had a link to a golf.com article
- the headline said "course guru macdonald puts $2 million home up for sale"
- clicking that link takes you to the article, which is about a former home of renowned golf course architect charles blair macdonald being put up for sale for $2 million
- charles blair macdonald died in 1939. he ain't putting shit up for sale. hence the headline on the link was really stupid, particularly for a site of a major magazine
- since i made that post si.com fixed the headline, thereby ending our long national nightmare

x-post gears grinding

if i want to give myself way too much credit, i tweeted to richard deitsch about this as well, so maybe someone at si saw it and made the fix. yeah, sure, that's exactly how it happened. :^o
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Dec 2015, 04:33

i need a new website for sports news and info because both si.com and espn.com are getting worst and worst. i want to get scores and news. i don't want to learn about some totally awesome dunk someone made in an nba game and have that be the only info on the game, then dig into scores only to find that person's team lost. LET'S CELEBRATE A NICE TWO-HANDED CHEST PASS INSTEAD. fucking people today, man, getting on my lawn and shit.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 23 Dec 2015, 06:47

Rodney Farva wrote:i need a new website for sports news and info because both si.com and espn.com are getting worst and worst. i want to get scores and news. i don't want to learn about some totally awesome dunk someone made in an nba game and have that be the only info on the game, then dig into scores only to find that person's team lost. LET'S CELEBRATE A NICE TWO-HANDED CHEST PASS INSTEAD. fucking people today, man, getting on my lawn and shit.

Good luck with that. Nba.com is even like that too. Just use phone apps I guess.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 23 Dec 2015, 08:54

if you want info on a specific game sbnation is ok. their recaps are pretty good. their problem is they separate each team into its own fansite with a 'clever' nickname. you can't just go to the goddamn Mavericks page, you have to know it's called "Mavs Moneyball." shit's pretty unwieldy.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 23 Dec 2015, 11:11

Theny wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i need a new website for sports news and info because both si.com and espn.com are getting worst and worst. i want to get scores and news. i don't want to learn about some totally awesome dunk someone made in an nba game and have that be the only info on the game, then dig into scores only to find that person's team lost. LET'S CELEBRATE A NICE TWO-HANDED CHEST PASS INSTEAD. fucking people today, man, getting on my lawn and shit.

Good luck with that. Nba.com is even like that too. Just use phone apps I guess.

yahoo sports app is good for that. score and stats.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 23 Dec 2015, 18:56

Just follow me on Twitter. I have all the fire dunks & Miami Heat losses at my fingertips.

Hashtag Theny Sucks.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Jew Jitsu » 14 Feb 2016, 16:32

www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainth ... /80375604/

Hahahahahahaahahah is this real? Lmao
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell