ESPN the Mag or SI?

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: ESPN the Mag or SI?

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Feb 2016, 01:28

Rodney Farva wrote: of the three covers i got the one with the chunky girl.

Well cows are sacred in India.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Gregs Kite » 26 Feb 2016, 07:37

BigJohnStudd wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote: of the three covers i got the one with the chunky girl.

Well cows are sacred in India.

Shut it down. Post of the week.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 20 Nov 2016, 15:42

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 13:22

Peter King sides with Kite in the MTM v. Kite feud:

f. It’s not funny or even fiery, Bobby Knight. It’s downright sad, and depressing, to hear you want people dead.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 May 2017, 10:47

SI let Seth Davis go. He'd been there over 20 years as a college hoop writer. Could be his politics or that college hoops is losing popularity, but they're going to backfill his position (and the others they let go as well).
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 12 May 2017, 10:48

CourtesyFlush wrote:SI let Seth Davis go. He'd been there over 20 years as a college hoop writer. Could be his politics or that college hoops is losing popularity, but they're going to backfill his position (and the others they let go as well).

There are supposedly 4 other lay-offs coming at SI. I don't know how big the names will be.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 May 2017, 10:55

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:SI let Seth Davis go. He'd been there over 20 years as a college hoop writer. Could be his politics or that college hoops is losing popularity, but they're going to backfill his position (and the others they let go as well).

There are supposedly 4 other lay-offs coming at SI. I don't know how big the names will be.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 12 May 2017, 14:27

mj3528 wrote:

Davis is basically a TV guy now, right? Seems like he'll recover ok.

Grant Wahl is taking a voluntary leave of absence to write a book, apparently.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 12 May 2017, 14:29

Briandong79 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Davis is basically a TV guy now, right? Seems like he'll recover ok.

Grant Wahl is taking a voluntary leave of absence to write a book, apparently.

Since I live in the 1950s like fellow Midwesterner BD, I still get SI delivered to home, and I hardly remember Seth Davis writing any articles in the past year or so.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Rufus » 15 May 2017, 11:42

I still get the paper SI too. Just like having the print in front of me, I guess, even though I toss the issues when I'm done (unless one of my teams is on the cover).

My jimmies are a little rustled at getting less content from them at presumably the same price. Unless there's some subscription cost cutting in the offing to counter the fact that every second or third issue is a 'double issue'.
Rufus
Wiffle Ball King

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 11:52

Rufus wrote:I still get the paper SI too. Just like having the print in front of me, I guess, even though I toss the issues when I'm done (unless one of my teams is on the cover).

My jimmies are a little rustled at getting less content from them at presumably the same price. Unless there's some subscription cost cutting in the offing to counter the fact that every second or third issue is a 'double issue'.

The thing that upsets me is they used to have a fantastic extra section you could get "Golf+" that was in nearly every issue, and now they just have 4 extra issues around the majors.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 11:57

mj3528 wrote:
Rufus wrote:I still get the paper SI too. Just like having the print in front of me, I guess, even though I toss the issues when I'm done (unless one of my teams is on the cover).

The thing that upsets me is they used to have a fantastic extra section you could get "Golf+" that was in nearly every issue, and now they just have 4 extra issues around the majors.

We have a women neighbor that gives me her SI's every week. Has been for about a year. I dont think I have opened any of them other than the Swimsuit Issue. I cancelled my sub maybe 3 or 4 years ago when i realized I was never reading them.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TVF wannabe » 15 May 2017, 11:57

mj3528 wrote:

I bought the baseball preview, it was tiny and frankly not that good.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 12:07

I've noticed the double issue phenomenon lately. Lots more of those than in the past.

I still compulsively read every issue front to back. I have a problem.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 15 May 2017, 12:47

TVF wannabe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I bought the baseball preview, it was tiny and frankly not that good.

Thats what my wife calls my penis.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell