Other Podcasts

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby TheWolf » 09 Aug 2017, 18:39

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Extremely late podcast review:

Surprisingly Awesome: man i really like this podcast. Mostly hosted by Adam McKay, the director guy. A common co-host of his is the dude who was on the Daily Show and was the PC in the Apple commercials, John Hodgeman. Basic premise is to take something that seems either mundane or straight-forward and find amusing factoids about them. They did one on frequent flier miles programs, one on the "circle of fifths" in music theory, one on saying i told you so, one on insults, etc. They're great. I will burn through everything they've got in the next few days and then i'll be sad. The last episode they did was 41 weeks ago and i don't think they're making them anymore.

Sounds exactly like the Stuff You Should Know pod, pal.

Yokel, please don't like things that are similar to other things. Your pal does not seem to approve.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Theny » 09 Aug 2017, 18:45

SYSK did a podcast on landfills and it was one of the most interesting pods I've ever listened to. Side note: I'd like to own a landfill one day.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 Aug 2017, 18:54

Theny wrote:SYSK did a podcast on landfills and it was one of the most interesting pods I've ever listened to. Side note: I'd like to own a landfill one day.

to dispose of the guats who don't take kindly to your "motivational" techniques?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Theny » 09 Aug 2017, 19:01

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Theny wrote:SYSK did a podcast on landfills and it was one of the most interesting pods I've ever listened to. Side note: I'd like to own a landfill one day.

to dispose of the guats who don't take kindly to your "motivational" techniques?

Hey!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 09 Aug 2017, 19:58

Theny wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:

Hey!

Can you elaborate on why a landfill? I've never heard anyone want to own one of those before. My breath is bated.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Aug 2017, 07:59

Dear Frank the Tank: Surprisingly Awesome has an episode on "Extinct Hockey" that is about the whale, quebec and the pittsburgh pirates hockey team that disappeared. it's pretty interesting. long interview with the guy who designed the greatest logo ever to exist, and then lots of jokes about how bad the nordiques' logo was. half an igloo? I had no idea.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Aug 2017, 08:50

You think the 'Diques logo was bad, get a load of what they were going to change it to had they stayed in Quebec City:

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 11 Aug 2017, 12:31

SouthernYokel wrote:Dear Frank the Tank: Surprisingly Awesome has an episode on "Extinct Hockey" that is about the whale, quebec and the pittsburgh pirates hockey team that disappeared. it's pretty interesting. long interview with the guy who designed the greatest logo ever to exist, and then lots of jokes about how bad the nordiques' logo was. half an igloo? I had no idea.

It's also a lower case "n". It's a classic.

Better than the original Canucks logo, which I never realized was supposed to be a "C", and the shape of a hockey rink, not just a stick in a rectangle.

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 Aug 2017, 12:57

Nothing will beat the H & W and whale tail of the Whalers logo. /FTT

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Goose » 11 Aug 2017, 14:38

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Nothing will beat the H & W and whale tail of the Whalers logo. /FTT

Everybody loves whale tail. NSF-Gregs or Balls-ish

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Aug 2017, 14:40

those are the taylor twins. they were strip-teasers in the early 00s. k. see ya later.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Aug 2017, 20:07

New Hardcore History up.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 12 Aug 2017, 23:01

Briandong79 wrote:New Hardcore History up.

GLO
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 15 Aug 2017, 17:50

NASA has a pod out now. Houston, We Have a Podcast. First one on the ISS was pretty good.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell