DeadSpin

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: DeadSpin

Postby TheWolf » 30 Mar 2017, 22:10

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:here's the thing about kaep though: Greg Hardy - (oh but hardy is better) - six sacks.

The Cowboys were REALLY desperate for pass rushers though, and they got quite a bit of shit for it and he's currently unsigned, so he's still part of the "if your talent outweighs the headache, you'll be fine" equation.

That, and his contract was a total flyer. He got 1mm for every game he played, IIRC, with no obligation to the team if he got cut or missed a game.

RGIII keeps getting work, and they have similar styles/records/injury histories.

Please don't let Bacon see this post. a similarly over-hyped but ultimately shitty black QB with slightly less drama getting chances really doesn't help the "Kaep ain't catch a break cuz he black" narrative.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mister bacon » 31 Mar 2017, 00:17

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:here's the thing about kaep though: Greg Hardy - (oh but hardy is better) - six sacks.

The Cowboys were REALLY desperate for pass rushers though, and they got quite a bit of shit for it and he's currently unsigned, so he's still part of the "if your talent outweighs the headache, you'll be fine" equation.

That, and his contract was a total flyer. He got 1mm for every game he played, IIRC, with no obligation to the team if he got cut or missed a game.

RGIII keeps getting work, and they have similar styles/records/injury histories.

Please don't let Bacon see this post. a similarly over-hyped but ultimately shitty black QB with slightly less drama getting chances really doesn't help the "Kaep ain't catch a break cuz he black" narrative.

in what universe is rgme comparable in accomplishment or stats to kap?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Mar 2017, 04:14

mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

The universe called the 2016-17 NFL Season.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Mar 2017, 06:44

mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Where's Kaep's?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mister bacon » 31 Mar 2017, 07:14

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Where's Kaep's?

negro please
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Mar 2017, 07:56

mister bacon wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Where's Kaep's?

negro please

Good point, not only does Bob have the ROY hardware, he has TWO Player of the week awards to Kaep's 1.

Everything's coming up Griff!
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Apr 2017, 13:23

I hate Burneko, but this really is a good article (both his and the one he's making fun of)
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/i-just ... 1794459898
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Apr 2017, 14:00

I am no Mike Francesca fan but their article on Mike & the Mad Dog's 9/11 broadcasts is so stupid. Here is the gist:

"We heard some people say they said bad things about Jews and others during this broadcast"
"they weren't keeping copies of the broadcasts, but a few still exist and we found one in a library"
"we listened to it, remember, people said they said baaaaaaaad things"
"everything on the tape we heard was standard issue Mike & the Mad Dog garbage."

The end. I'll let you guess whether they had a giant baity headline with an image of two smoldering microphones.

here is the link
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell