Other Podcasts

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 18:09

Dthefritz wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I just discovered Paul Scheer's "How Did That Get Made?" It's a roundtable discussion on the faults/merits of a particular shitty movie. I listened to the one about Dreamcatcher and i'm halfway through the one about Bloodsport. They're pretty long, 90 minutes-ish. It's really funny though, have very much enjoyed it. It's been around for a long time so there are a lot of episodes about movies i've seen...i am not sure how funny it would be if i had not seen the movie they're talking about. So this might be a short term thing.

wow i need to listen to the bloodsport one. one of my favorite movies. great!

they spend a very long time discussing the physics of why exactly does Jean Claude need to pull up his underpants before pulling them off to show us his sweet sweet french butt.

Ok i just listened to the Con Air one. My face hurts i laughed at this so hard. New favorite podcast

I stopped with these while back, because there were too many movies I either hadn't seen or wasn't willing to laugh at for 90 minutes. However a bunch of them are pure brilliance and Con Air is right in the wheelhouse. Again, it's been a while but I also remember Demolition Man and Wild Wild West being highly entertaining.

Yeah, no chance i listen to one about a movie i havent seen. But when i have, its gold
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 21 Mar 2017, 14:52

Xpost to wherever I bitched about Spotify yesterday....I was catching up on Crimetown on my walk in this morning on my phone. Get into the office and try to pull it up on my laptop's Spotify and it returns no results. SMH....

Anyway I am somewhat surprised at the staying power of this podcast. I'm in the Savings and Loan scandal and still enjoying it.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Mar 2017, 13:11

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Gonna give Missing Richard Simmons a shot. #1 podcast right now. Only three 30-minute pods so far

On February 15, 2014, fitness guru Richard Simmons disappeared. He stopped teaching his regular exercise class at Slimmons, cut off his closest friends, and removed himself from the public eye after decades as one of the most accessible celebrities in the world. Nobody has heard from him — and no one knows why he left. Filmmaker Dan Taberski was a Slimmons regular and a friend of Richard’s. Missing Richard Simmons is Dan’s search for Richard — and the deeper he digs, the stranger it gets.

Listened to all six episodes. Would not recommend. Ultimately, the podcast went nowhere and the conclusion reached was "he just wants to disappear from the public eye." way to waste everyone's time.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » Yesterday, 08:24

The Glenn Greenwald interview on Pod Save the World from earlier this month was a very interesting listen. Highly recommend.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Yesterday, 09:43

Briandong79 wrote:The Glenn Greenwald interview on Pod Save the World from earlier this month was a very interesting listen. Highly recommend.

I'm not a big podcast guy, I ain't listening. But could you give the general gist of this.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » Yesterday, 11:57

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The Glenn Greenwald interview on Pod Save the World from earlier this month was a very interesting listen. Highly recommend.

I'm not a big podcast guy, I ain't listening. But could you give the general gist of this.

So Pod Saves the World is hosted by Tommy Vietor, who was a foreign policy guy in the Obama White House and so it takes a fairly serious look at foreign policy issues. Much less jokey/bitchy than Pod Saves America, from what I've heard so far. I'm sure you already know but for those who don't, Greenwald was the reporter who was responsible for a large number of the Edward Snowden reports being released to the public. So it was two people with diametrically opposed viewpoints on how classified info should be released, how the government's relationship with the press should work, etc. Thought it was an intelligent conversation from both sides, which was somewhat surprising because as they both admit, before the interview they used to troll each other constantly on Twitter.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Yesterday, 12:01

Briandong79 wrote:

So Pod Saves the World is hosted by Tommy Vietor, who was a foreign policy guy in the Obama White House and so it takes a fairly serious look at foreign policy issues. Much less jokey/bitchy than Pod Saves America, from what I've heard so far. I'm sure you already know but for those who don't, Greenwald was the reporter who was responsible for a large number of the Edward Snowden reports being released to the public. So it was two people with diametrically opposed viewpoints on how classified info should be released, how the government's relationship with the press should work, etc. Thought it was an intelligent conversation from both sides, which was somewhat surprising because as they both admit, before the interview they used to troll each other constantly on Twitter.

Gotcha.

Assange, I figured out early on that was just a crazy asshole - Pam Anderson is fucking him, need I say more?

Snowden/Greenwald, I was a big fan. I was wrong. Or maybe not, I'm still not sure about those two.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » Yesterday, 12:20

Briandong79 wrote:

Gotcha.

Assange, I figured out early on that was just a crazy asshole - Pam Anderson is fucking him, need I say more?

Snowden/Greenwald, I was a big fan. I was wrong. Or maybe not, I'm still not sure about those two.

assange: asswipe russian asset date rapist
snowden: useful idiot who truly believed that he was doing the right thing by shining light on some of the shit we did and now seeing what has happened as a result (assassinations of multiple informants, dead CIA guys and field agents in the middle east) regrets it so much he would be willing to get thrown in jail to get out of russia
greenwald: principled to a fault and understands that people are using information he's provided to undermine the freedom and democracy he cares about so he's conflicted.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Yesterday, 12:23

mister bacon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Gotcha.

assange: asswipe russian asset date rapist
snowden: useful idiot who truly believed that he was doing the right thing by shining light on some of the shit we did and now seeing what has happened as a result (assassinations of multiple informants, dead CIA guys and field agents in the middle east) regrets it so much he would be willing to get thrown in jail to get out of russia
greenwald: principled to a fault and understands that people are using information he's provided to undermine the freedom and democracy he cares about so he's conflicted.

That is a solid, solid take I can get behind.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell