SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Re: Intern Contest - Part 5

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Jul 2017, 16:49

ISnt that a different fellow than the one that won the intern contest, w the same name?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jul 2017, 17:02

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

ISnt that a different fellow than the one that won the intern contest, w the same name?

It is as discussed in the thread. I decided to keep up the fiction anyway.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Jul 2017, 13:16

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

It is as discussed in the thread. I decided to keep up the fiction anyway.

Quite a few people dancing on his grave.

Wonder how responsible he is for canning all the Foxsports.com writers and whether that'll come back to bite them in the ass?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby God Shamgod » 06 Jul 2017, 15:38

That would pretty impressive to go from Simmons intern to running Fox Sports in 10 years.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 18:28

God Shamgod wrote:That would pretty impressive to go from Simmons intern to running Fox Sports in 10 years.

Is that more or less impressive than Jimmy Kimmel staff writer, to guy who won't shut up about his several months as Jimmy Kimmel staff writer 10 years later?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Jul 2017, 18:34

Dthefritz wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:That would pretty impressive to go from Simmons intern to running Fox Sports in 10 years.

Is that more or less impressive than Jimmy Kimmel staff writer, to guy who won't shut up about his several months as Jimmy Kimmel staff writer 10 years later?

EVERYBODY FORGETS THIS!!!

Wait, no we don't, thanks to your valuable and tireless work. :thumbsup:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 18:39

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Speaking of tireless work, I was kinda disappointed you didn't defend your boy's brilliant idea to move the Clippers to Seattle. Would have made this leg of the board run a lot easier.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 11 Jul 2017, 18:43

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Speaking of tireless work, I was kinda disappointed you didn't defend your boy's brilliant idea to move the Clippers to Seattle. Would have made this leg of the board run a lot easier.

i am not kite, but I don't think moving the Clippers to Seattle is a bad idea. Since they have been in L.A., the Clippers have always been second class in the NBA behind the Lakers, and clearly behind other sports teams in the area. I am not convinced that a team in Seattle wouldn't make more money than the Clippers in both franchise appreciation and operating income. I know the Clippers were bought by Ballmer for an insane amount.
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 18:50

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

i am not kite, but I don't think moving the Clippers to Seattle is a bad idea. Since they have been in L.A., the Clippers have always been second class in the NBA behind the Lakers, and clearly behind other sports teams in the area.

This part is true

I am not convinced that a team in Seattle wouldn't make more money than the Clippers in both franchise appreciation and operating income

This is where you are completely wrong. The Clippers print money even when they're terrible. Being in a market like LA, even as the red-headed stepchild, is such a huge advantage that moving pretty much anywhere would be crazy. The fact is, Seattle wasn't making a ton of money. If they were, Stern wouldn't have let them move.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 11 Jul 2017, 19:35

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

i am not kite, but I don't think moving the Clippers to Seattle is a bad idea. Since they have been in L.A., the Clippers have always been second class in the NBA behind the Lakers, and clearly behind other sports teams in the area.

This part is true

I am not convinced that a team in Seattle wouldn't make more money than the Clippers in both franchise appreciation and operating income

This is where you are completely wrong. The Clippers print money even when they're terrible. Being in a market like LA, even as the red-headed stepchild, is such a huge advantage that moving pretty much anywhere would be crazy. The fact is, Seattle wasn't making a ton of money. If they were, Stern wouldn't have let them move.

They would have made a lot of money if they had a decent arena. That thing even after being remodeled was horrible
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jul 2017, 19:53

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

This part is true

They would have made a lot of money if they had a decent arena. That thing even after being remodeled was horrible

That's true, but a #2 team in LA/NY is better off than being #1 in a mid-market like Seattle. It's just the way it is. The Knicks are terrible but they are still the most valuable franchise, or the second most valuable, year in and year out. Even BK is top 10 just for showing up.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Jul 2017, 20:16

Take the L, mj. You choad.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 12 Jul 2017, 16:30

Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

This part is true

That's true, but a #2 team in LA/NY is better off than being #1 in a mid-market like Seattle. It's just the way it is. The Knicks are terrible but they are still the most valuable franchise, or the second most valuable, year in and year out. Even BK is top 10 just for showing up.

So how much did the Clippers make last year:

the Los Angeles Clippers are estimated to have lost $11.8 million.
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Jul 2017, 16:44

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

This part is true

So how much did the Clippers make last year:

the Los Angeles Clippers are estimated to have lost $11.8 million.

So what you're saying is after they depreciate the shit out of their players and physical assets, and take writedowns on god knows what, they somehow have made so little money on an accounting basis that they don't have to pay any taxes. Weird.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh