mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:That would pretty impressive to go from Simmons intern to running Fox Sports in 10 years.

Is that more or less impressive than Jimmy Kimmel staff writer, to guy who won't shut up about his several months as Jimmy Kimmel staff writer 10 years later?

EVERYBODY FORGETS THIS!!!

Wait, no we don't, thanks to your valuable and tireless work. :thumbsup:

Speaking of tireless work, I was kinda disappointed you didn't defend your boy's brilliant idea to move the Clippers to Seattle. Would have made this leg of the board run a lot easier.

i am not kite, but I don't think moving the Clippers to Seattle is a bad idea. Since they have been in L.A., the Clippers have always been second class in the NBA behind the Lakers, and clearly behind other sports teams in the area.

This part is true

I am not convinced that a team in Seattle wouldn't make more money than the Clippers in both franchise appreciation and operating income

This is where you are completely wrong. The Clippers print money even when they're terrible. Being in a market like LA, even as the red-headed stepchild, is such a huge advantage that moving pretty much anywhere would be crazy. The fact is, Seattle wasn't making a ton of money. If they were, Stern wouldn't have let them move.

They would have made a lot of money if they had a decent arena. That thing even after being remodeled was horrible

That's true, but a #2 team in LA/NY is better off than being #1 in a mid-market like Seattle. It's just the way it is. The Knicks are terrible but they are still the most valuable franchise, or the second most valuable, year in and year out. Even BK is top 10 just for showing up.

So how much did the Clippers make last year:

the Los Angeles Clippers are estimated to have lost $11.8 million.

So what you're saying is after they depreciate the shit out of their players and physical assets, and take writedowns on god knows what, they somehow have made so little money on an accounting basis that they don't have to pay any taxes. Weird.

this was from Forbes. I think they were actual losses.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Re: Intern Contest - Part 5

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Jul 2017, 16:52

mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:That would pretty impressive to go from Simmons intern to running Fox Sports in 10 years.

Is that more or less impressive than Jimmy Kimmel staff writer, to guy who won't shut up about his several months as Jimmy Kimmel staff writer 10 years later?

EVERYBODY FORGETS THIS!!!

Wait, no we don't, thanks to your valuable and tireless work. :thumbsup:

Speaking of tireless work, I was kinda disappointed you didn't defend your boy's brilliant idea to move the Clippers to Seattle. Would have made this leg of the board run a lot easier.

i am not kite, but I don't think moving the Clippers to Seattle is a bad idea. Since they have been in L.A., the Clippers have always been second class in the NBA behind the Lakers, and clearly behind other sports teams in the area.

This part is true

I am not convinced that a team in Seattle wouldn't make more money than the Clippers in both franchise appreciation and operating income

This is where you are completely wrong. The Clippers print money even when they're terrible. Being in a market like LA, even as the red-headed stepchild, is such a huge advantage that moving pretty much anywhere would be crazy. The fact is, Seattle wasn't making a ton of money. If they were, Stern wouldn't have let them move.

They would have made a lot of money if they had a decent arena. That thing even after being remodeled was horrible

That's true, but a #2 team in LA/NY is better off than being #1 in a mid-market like Seattle. It's just the way it is. The Knicks are terrible but they are still the most valuable franchise, or the second most valuable, year in and year out. Even BK is top 10 just for showing up.

So how much did the Clippers make last year:

the Los Angeles Clippers are estimated to have lost $11.8 million.

So what you're saying is after they depreciate the shit out of their players and physical assets, and take writedowns on god knows what, they somehow have made so little money on an accounting basis that they don't have to pay any taxes. Weird.

this was from Forbes. I think they were actual losses.

Looking at the website, I'm guessing these figures are from data made publicly available from the league, which in turn would be from audited financials that are of course not published, unless the team is publicly traded.

Anyway, I'm bat signalling Cheese to discuss the accounting issues here. I would imagine he'd back me up here, but we'll see.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 12 Jul 2017, 16:56

Speaking of actual losses... #s, dude, just take the L. No one wants to see what a dtf/cheese tag team is going to do to you.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Jul 2017, 18:26

TheWolf wrote:Speaking of actual losses... #s, dude, just take the L. No one wants to see what a dtf/cheese tag team is going to do to you.

there's a cheesette/tag team joke in there... people spitball, I've been drinking
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh