Trill Simmons takes deep dive on Blake Bortles' name

Discuss the columns here!

Trill Simmons takes deep dive on Blake Bortles' name

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2017, 11:08

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Trill Simmons takes deep dive on Blake Bortles' name

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 03 Nov 2017, 11:31

credit where it's due, he moved past complaining about Rog and telling us how terrible football is and how "we" all like the nba better now. i applaud him talking about something different and making an attempt at humor.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby PhillyJim76 » 03 Nov 2017, 11:39

Why does anyone take him seriously at all with his Football picks? I mean seriously he's suggesting teasers and betting money lines? What a faggot
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 03 Nov 2017, 11:48

I'm 3 paragraphs in and I had to pause to make a post. This might literally be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I look forward to perusing the rest of it.

This is a sentence that a wildly successful sports writer is going to make a bunch of money from writing:

Witness the inordinate amount of talented QBs born with sports movie names like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, and Joe Montana.

What in the actual fuck does that mean?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 03 Nov 2017, 11:59

TheWolf wrote:I'm 3 paragraphs in and I had to pause to make a post. This might literally be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I look forward to perusing the rest of it.

This is a sentence that a wildly successful sports writer is going to make a bunch of money from writing:

Witness the inordinate amount of talented QBs born with sports movie names like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Tony Romo, and Joe Montana.

Those are names and characters in movies have names, ergo, these QBs have names that are like names used in movies.

mind. blown.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 03 Nov 2017, 12:01

TheWolf wrote:I'm 3 paragraphs in and I had to pause to make a post. This might literally be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I look forward to perusing the rest of it.

if they would be shitty then they would fit his little narrative, I'm pretty sure this is a copy/paste with a couple updates of an article about Joey Harrington but there was no way I was reading that many words.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 03 Nov 2017, 12:04

I'll give him credit for this "rule" making me laugh:

6. You can’t sound like someone the Jets would pick
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 03 Nov 2017, 12:20

Man, that was a deep dive alright.

Right into the Grand Cannon.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Nov 2017, 17:31

Yeah I can't even break this one down, it would be this after every sentence. I mean it's one thing to believe in dumb sportswriter superstitions, but then he has to try actually PROVE his dumb superstition with irrelevant data. Ok just one thing.

It’s no coincidence that Tom Brady’s family calls him “Tommy,” but he was savvy enough to go by “Tom Brady” professionally.

That is literally the best possible example of a coincidence. Almost everybody tries to shed their boyhood nickname at some point, and out of all those zillions of people, only one has system qb'd his way to 5 rings. Jesus fucking christ.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2017, 18:39

He only did one pick this week. A moneyline. What are we paying this guy for?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Nov 2017, 18:57

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:He only did one pick this week. A moneyline. What are we paying this guy for?

Do you think he has jumped the shark?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2017, 19:19

Jew Jitsu wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:He only did one pick this week. A moneyline. What are we paying this guy for?

I still think he has his fastball, and his site is outstanding, but this piece was a bit sophomoric. A rare miss for a real talent.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Theny » 04 Nov 2017, 09:23

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:

I still think he has his fastball, and his site is outstanding, but this piece was a bit sophomoric. A rare miss for a real talent.

Brandon?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby jman » 04 Nov 2017, 09:34

Theny wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:

Brandon?

:lol:
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh