Bill Trashes NFL Again

Discuss the columns here!

Bill Trashes NFL Again

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Oct 2017, 11:51

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Bill Trashes NFL Again

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 27 Oct 2017, 12:04

Trying to think of a phrase stronger than “broken record” or “beating a dead horse” but drawing a blank:/. How much longer is Phil planning to repeat himself? Sal needed to take him aside a couple months ago to tell him he’s embarrassing himself. Ah well, that ship’s sailed /31
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby jman » 27 Oct 2017, 12:18

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Trying to think of a phrase stronger than “broken record” or “beating a dead horse” but drawing a blank:/. How much longer is Phil planning to repeat himself? Sal needed to take him aside a couple months 5 years ago to tell him he’s embarrassing himself. Ah well, that ship’s sailed /31

fify
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby ctz31 » 27 Oct 2017, 12:25

Jesus, what a baby. "my patriots finally stink again so the NFL season is miserable."
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Oct 2017, 12:34

The first two weeks featured some of the worst modern football ever played—like watching two slammered college kids fumbling through a 4 a.m. Madden game.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rufus » 27 Oct 2017, 12:42

As a Panthers fan who's spent most of Cam's career loving just about everything he does, that Cam section pissed me off. There's no race card you can play (as Simmons tries to do by heavily implying the reason people are getting on him and not Matt Ryan is because he's black) that can get around the fact that Cam Newton has been acting like a fucking chode this season. Between the sexist comment and walking out of multiple press conferences...and outside of two good games at NE and Detroit he's been pretty shitty on the field. His team scored 3 goddamn points against the Bears.

If Simmons is going to play the race card, here's a card: If Cam were white and behaving in the jackassical manner he has, basically, since losing the Super Bowl, he'd be getting a lot more shit for it.
Rufus
Wiffle Ball King

Postby ctz31 » 27 Oct 2017, 12:43

Rufus wrote:If Simmons is going to play the race card, here's a card: If Cam were white and behaving in the jackassical manner he has, basically, since losing the Super Bowl, he'd be getting a lot more shit for it.

That's a hot take. I agree.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Oct 2017, 12:55

t’s been such a bummer of a season that America’s unhappiest and most untrusting fan base, Philadelphia, is talking itself into the following two possibilities …

1. Carson Wentz winning the MVP

2. The Eagles winning a Super Bowl

When Philly football fans have HOPE, you know somebody shook the sports snow globe.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 27 Oct 2017, 14:14

This is an example of Simmons being whiny, but it is probably accurate:

One of the many best things about the Romo-on-TV era? He exposed color analysts like Jon Gruden, ESPN’s handsomely paid star who won’t ever criticize a quarterback or a coach, isn’t funny and rarely offers anything beyond generic bullshit. ESPN loves Gruden because ESPN is run, for the most part, by middle-aged white guys who spent the past 15-25 years living in central Connecticut. Every time Gruden strolls into a production room or a broadcast truck, starts doling out firm handshakes and remembers everyone’s names, they probably react like they just saw Chris Rock on stage in 1997.

Quick tangent: When I did NBA Countdown for two years, every so often during the playoffs when we were on location, the suits would show up to offer “support”—usually in Miami, not so coincidentally. They’d arrive at our preshow meeting wearing blue dress shirts and khaki pants. Usually there were two of them, and again, they were always dressed the same. I nicknamed them the Blue Shirt and Khaki Police (or BSKP for short). They’d sit in our meetings, offer nothing, then spend the rest of their time recapping the previous night’s dinner at Prime 112.

You know what Jon Gruden is probably great at? Buttering up the Blue Shirt and Khaki Police!

Hey man! How are ya! How’s the family? So glad you enjoyed last week’s Gruden Grinder! Love ya bro!

x-post announcer talk.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Oct 2017, 15:42

He's used "hissed" 2 pieces in a row.

YOU STILL GOT IT clap clap clap-clap-clap
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Oct 2017, 16:39

ctz31 wrote:Jesus, what a baby. "my patriots finally stink again so the NFL season is miserable."

This guy gets it.

Also, he's far from the only writer guilty of this, but every single season he doesn't the whole "I can't believe player x or team yloses suddenly good/bad, what happened to the sport?????" What happens is that players come out of nowhere to be good, and just as suddenly revert. It's sports, that's what happens. God forbid America's most popular sportswriter would be able to figure this out by now..
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh