Bill Sucks Jemele Hill's D*ck

Discuss the columns here!

Bill Sucks Jemele Hill's D*ck

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Oct 2017, 11:35

https://www.theringer.com/bill-simmons/ ... -nfl-picks

They hired me in 2001 and Jemele in 2006, mainly because they didn’t have anyone like us. I made my mark as a wisecracking, sitting-on-his-sofa sports fan from Boston, while Jemele became the company’s black female sports nut from Detroit.

Ok. /Phoebs
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Bill Sucks Jemele Hill's D*ck

Postby TheWolf » 13 Oct 2017, 12:02

How much does he love being able to bash ESPN with seemingly no repercussions?

Honestly, I didn't think that was a bad read. The part you quoted was retarded, but all in all it was definitely not the worst thing I've read today. :beatsme:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Oct 2017, 12:17

TheWolf wrote:Honestly, I didn't think that was a bad read.

Knock it off. It was just more whining by the luckiest/hackiest gay in America.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Oct 2017, 12:46

TheWolf wrote:How much does he love being able to bash ESPN with seemingly no repercussions?

Honestly, I didn't think that was a bad read. The part you quoted was retarded, but all in all it was definitely not the worst thing I've read today. :beatsme:

I also thought that was good, probably the best thing he's written in a long time. That's meant to be a backhanded compliment - try writing some more, Bill. He just couldn't get out of his own way and own grievances though. I guess that's hard to do considering he's coming to it from a certain perspective.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 13 Oct 2017, 13:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:How much does he love being able to bash ESPN with seemingly no repercussions?

I also thought that was good, probably the best thing he's written in a long time. That's meant to be a backhanded compliment - try writing some more, Bill. He just couldn't get out of his own way and own grievances though. I guess that's hard to do considering he's coming to it from a certain perspective.

Emily Bronte.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Oct 2017, 14:03

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:https://www.theringer.com/bill-simmons/2017/10/13/16469520/espn-jemele-hill-suspension-week-6-nfl-picks

They hired me in 2001 and Jemele in 2006, mainly because they didn’t have anyone like us. I made my mark as a wisecracking, sitting-on-his-sofa sports fan from Boston, while Jemele became the company’s black female sports nut from Detroit.

Ok. /Phoebs

Interesting career move Phil has made from trying to be funny to trying to be as WOKE as possible. I hope theringer has enough clout to get a 3 man pod with him, rog and don :)
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby ctz31 » 13 Oct 2017, 14:56

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:https://www.theringer.com/bill-simmons/2017/10/13/16469520/espn-jemele-hill-suspension-week-6-nfl-picks

Ok. /Phoebs

Interesting career move Phil has made from trying to be funny to trying to be as WOKE as possible. I hope theringer has enough clout to get a 3 man pod with him, rog and don :)

But what is your fucking opinion on the article? /the cheese
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Rufus » 13 Oct 2017, 15:04

I thought that was pretty well done. I'm as tired of the praise for Hill for her 'original voice' (that's the same original voice as most of the others at ESPN) as anyone, but having his own experience to draw upon boosted the article.
Rufus
Wiffle Ball King

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Oct 2017, 15:28

ctz31 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

Ok. /Phoebs

Ha tried to get by with my lame schtick but people are on to me. I’m going to have to come up with something new. I give Phil’s thinkpiece 2 out of 4 stars bc I’m feeling generous. The behind the scenes stuff I don’t think I read before. Agree with Rufus that I don’t think jemele parroting a common narrative is really having an original, unique or diverse voice.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Incogneetus69 » 13 Oct 2017, 15:47

What's the vegas odds on him making some gay stand against the NFL and not doing an NFL column by week 10. He's become such a social justice hive mind homo. Isn't the rebel take here to stop and be like wait why the fuck are we so mad at the NFL again? Oh bc they put games on prime time for free on Thursdays and aren't sure how to suspend black athletes for their crimes
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Oct 2017, 16:30

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

Ok. /Phoebs

Ha tried to get by with my lame schtick but people are on to me. I’m going to have to come up with something new. I give Phil’s thinkpiece 2 out of 4 stars bc I’m feeling generous. The behind the scenes stuff I don’t think I read before. Agree with Rufus that I don’t think jemele parroting a common narrative is really having anvb original, unique or diverse voice.

Ah yes, the standard Dr. J technique of calling any writer who voices opposing political views as an opportunist, sucking up to the filthy media elites for personal advancement. I'm afraid that's not going to cut it in Bill's case. The dude gets paid millions of dollars to sit around and do nothing. And he's pretty much always had the same tame, liberal establishment political views.

Overall though, I agree with the consensus here. It is more interesting than his usual column in that he has actual, relevant personal experience, and isn't just pulling narrative bullshit out of his ass. On the other stand, he's still terribly self-involved and a mediocre writer on his best day. So I think a weak 2 out of 4 stars is completely appropriate. With the caveat that I didn't make it through the whole thing.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Oct 2017, 22:42

Needs more Karate Kid references.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 14 Oct 2017, 06:36

Dthe- just to clarify, I don’t think it’s necessarily phony or that he’s not saying what he really believes, just that it’s a change from his former writing style which was more focused on humor.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Oct 2017, 17:59

Dr Jeckyll wrote:Dthe- just to clarify, I don’t think it’s necessarily phony or that he’s not saying what he really believes, just that it’s a change from his former writing style which was more focused on humor.

Gotcha. I mean, he's definitely written stuff like this in the past, though obviously not to the exclusion of everything else.

My prediction is that his next column will be all about how the Patriots are the REAL victims of the refs' controversial call, because it will distract from us talking about how good Tom Brady is for 5 whole seconds and how the Jets are a legitimately good team that the Patriots legitimately beat and we should all suck their dicks, but also shit on them constantly so that the next subpar opponent they beat means they deserve to have their balls gargled all over again.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh