Ballbag Bill does a Mailbag 9.22.17

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Ballbag Bill does a Mailbag 9.22.17

Postby TheWolf » 25 Sep 2017, 12:15

Briandong79 wrote:To me Eli is the worst QB that has won multiple Super Bowls. I haven't watched as much game tape on Bob Griese as Jike, though.

I agree with this.

I also sort of agree with 31. Pretty much anyone who's ever won anything had to have some lucky breaks along the way. That's not unique to Eli or Brady or anyone else. "Lucky" probably isn't the right word in relation to the specific plays we're talking about with Eli. But they're fluky, in that they are not representative of the overall skill level he's displayed in his 14-year meh-to-meh-plus career.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 12:21

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:To me Eli is the worst QB that has won multiple Super Bowls. I haven't watched as much game tape on Bob Griese as Jike, though.

I agree with this.

I also sort of agree with 31. Pretty much anyone who's ever won anything had to have some lucky breaks along the way. That's not unique to Eli or Brady or anyone else. "Lucky" probably isn't the right word in relation to the specific plays we're talking about with Eli. But they're fluky, in that they are not representative of the overall skill level he's displayed in his 14-year meh-to-meh-plus career.

Fluky is probably the better word choice, but that Manningham throw was a dart. Also, these weren't even the winning throws, he still had to complete the drive. Eh. The luckiest QB was Rex Grossman. That falufa fucking fancyboy.

And you know what's lucky? A team blowing a 28-3 lead, or a fumble being called an incompletion & a kicker making 2 incredible kicks, or a cornerback intercepting a pass on the one yard line in the waning seconds. And we're down to two for Brady! And what about Kasey kicking it out of bounds??? :mrgreen:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Sep 2017, 12:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I agree with this.

Fluky is probably the better word choice, but that Manningham throw was a dart. Also, these weren't even the winning throws, he still had to complete the drive. Eh. The luckiest QB was Rex Grossman. That falufa fucking fancyboy.

And you know what's lucky? A team blowing a 28-3 lead, or a fumble being called an incompletion & a kicker making 2 incredible kicks, or a cornerback intercepting a pass on the one yard line in the waning seconds. And we're down to two for Brady! And what about Kasey kicking it out of bounds??? :mrgreen:

It's lucky for arguably the greatest kicker in the league history to make great kicks? Know when that would be lucky? When it's Morton Andersen. Or Blair Walsh. Then I'd entertain your lucky theory.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 12:32

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I agree with this.

It's lucky for arguably the greatest kicker in the league history to make great kicks? Know when that would be lucky? When it's Morton Andersen. Or Blair Walsh. Then I'd entertain your lucky theory.

That's your most pathetic post today. Yup.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Sep 2017, 12:38

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I agree with this.

That's your most pathetic post today. Yup.

Kewl.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TVF wannabe » 25 Sep 2017, 12:53

If Tyree didn't have iron hands and catches it cleanly, it becomes known as the escape which was the most impressive part. The Manningham was a perfect pass.

There are about 7 QB's that have won multiple Super Bowls, Eli is prpobaly debatable for one of the last 3 spots even if he is the worst that isn't a very big knock on his career.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Sep 2017, 12:55

TVF wannabe wrote:If Tyree didn't have iron hands and catches it cleanly, it becomes known as the non-holding call escape which was the most impressive part. The Manningham was a perfect pass.

There are about 7 QB's that have won multiple Super Bowls, Eli is prpobaly debatable for one of the last 3 spots even if he is the worst that isn't a very big knock on his career.

Fixed that for you.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Sep 2017, 13:00

TVF wannabe wrote:If Tyree didn't have iron hands and catches it cleanly, it becomes known as the escape which was the most impressive part. The Manningham was a perfect pass.

Yeah, pretty much.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Sep 2017, 13:02

Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:If Tyree didn't have iron hands and catches it cleanly, it becomes known as the non-holding call escape which was the most impressive part. The Manningham was a perfect pass.

Fixed that for you.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Sep 2017, 17:00

Bill went 1-2 this week. That's too good for the corner!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh