Isaiah and LeBron

Discuss the columns here!

Isaiah and LeBron

Postby JichaelDick » 12 May 2017, 10:40

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Re: Isaiah and LeBron

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 May 2017, 12:22

Had to make sure to get this piece up before the ECF starts (or before Boston even makes it, for that matter) since LeBron 6.0 is so good he’s probably going to eviscerate this Celtics roster, especially since Isaiah will become the very Ezeli problem Simmons references here. *gulp*
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby paje » 12 May 2017, 15:03

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Had to make sure to get this piece up before the ECF starts (or before Boston even makes it, for that matter) since LeBron 6.0 is so good he’s probably going to eviscerate this Celtics roster, especially since Isaiah will become the very Ezeli problem Simmons references here. *gulp*

:lol: :lol: :lol: Your obsession/hatred of this commenter bring me a lot of entertainment. I find myself looking for him in the comments to any Ringer article I read. He's always there too.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 12 May 2017, 17:06

Was he talking about the 2017 playoffs? Did this rambling stream of consciousness horseshit actually touch on anything that happened in these playoffs, other than Isiah Thomas' 50 point outburst in Game 2? I skimmed more than read, but I saw he had time to touch on the 2002 Eastern Conference Semifinals, a breakdown of the 80's Lakers vs. the 80's Celtics, a pathetic attempt at a Zach Lowe-style screenshot analysis from last year's NBA finals, and whine about the Celtics not getting Durant, as if it was their god-given right.

You can say, oh the playoffs are boring so he's going to keep it big picture, he knows NBA history blah blah blah. But this is the caliber of this alleged NBA savant:

We might remember them [The Warriors} as the first all-time team that threw away the center position. It’s in play.

I guess "we" have decided not to remember the 2012-2014 Miami Heat who started Chris Bosh at center, a man of rather slim build as compared to Zaza Pachulia or Andrew Bogut. I guess "we" have decided not to remember the thousands of times the word "positionless basketball" was used in describing the Heat's style and philosophy. But that was years and years ago! What kind of jealous nitpicky hater would expect Bill not to be a complete idiot on the one subject on which he is alleged not to be a complete idiot?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 May 2017, 21:56

Dthefritz wrote:

Was he talking about the 2017 playoffs? Did this rambling stream of consciousness horseshit actually touch on anything that happened in these playoffs, other than Isiah Thomas' 50 point outburst in Game 2? I skimmed more than read, but I saw he had time to touch on the 2002 Eastern Conference Semifinals, a breakdown of the 80's Lakers vs. the 80's Celtics, a pathetic attempt at a Zach Lowe-style screenshot analysis from last year's NBA finals, and whine about the Celtics not getting Durant, as if it was their god-given right.

You can say, oh the playoffs are boring so he's going to keep it big picture, he knows NBA history blah blah blah. But this is the caliber of this alleged NBA savant:

We might remember them [The Warriors} as the first all-time team that threw away the center position. It’s in play.

I guess "we" have decided not to remember the 2012-2014 Miami Heat who started Chris Bosh at center, a man of rather slim build as compared to Zaza Pachulia or Andrew Bogut. I guess "we" have decided not to remember the thousands of times the word "positionless basketball" was used in describing the Heat's style and philosophy. But that was years and years ago! What kind of jealous nitpicky hater would expect Bill not to be a complete idiot on the one subject on which he is alleged not to be a complete idiot?

1) bruh, shoulda gone with the easy outside of that one game of, hmmm, POINTZZZ, who has been the best Boston player this postseason?
2) I would argue the Jordan Bulls were the first to say fuck the center position. Helps that you got MJ, Pip, and Rodman/Grant.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Jew Jitsu » 13 May 2017, 13:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

1) bruh, shoulda gone with the easy outside of that one game of, hmmm, POINTZZZ, who has been the best Boston player this postseason?
2) I would argue the Jordan Bulls were the first to say fuck the center position. Helps that you got MJ, Pip, and Rodman/Grant.

Bulls never said fuck the center position, they always had a stiff starting there. Saying fuck the center position would've meant starting rodman at the 5 and then work your way down. Luc longley and Wellington were centers, shitty centers, but centers nonetheless.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 May 2017, 22:39

Jew Jitsu wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Bulls never said fuck the center position, they always had a stiff starting there. Saying fuck the center position would've meant starting rodman at the 5 and then work your way down. Luc longley and Wellington were centers, shitty centers, but centers nonetheless.

Umm........
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 May 2017, 06:52

Remember Wade barreling to the line over and over again in the 2006 Finals as Mark Cuban turned maroon?

I memba. Dude made a hall of fame career out of this horseshit.

We know LeBron is making the Finals for the seventh straight time, and we know the Warriors will be waiting in Ali’s Manila trunks. A trilogy! What’s better than that?

Yeah, it's super fun knowing nothing, barring catastrophic injury, is stopping the two Superfriend teams from the Finals again. Awesome league.

Dthefritz wrote: and whine about the Celtics not getting Durant, as if it was their god-given right.

I, much like Bill, did not anticipate Durant being such a pussy so I fully support this whining. If you can't sign the best free agent without all his buddies on your team, or a previously manufactured championship roster, then yeah, you have every right to bitch about it.

Enjoyed the article, though. Good stuff, as usual.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 07:47

Are you really whining that KD was too much of a pussy to sign with the Celtics? Get the fuck over yourself.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 May 2017, 07:52

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Are you really whining that KD was too much of a pussy to sign with the Celtics? Get the fuck over yourself.

No. Buzz off.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 May 2017, 11:46

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote: and whine about the Celtics not getting Durant, as if it was their god-given right.

I, much like Bill, did not anticipate Durant being such a pussy so I fully support this whining. If you can't sign the best free agent without all his buddies on your team, or a previously manufactured championship roster, then yeah, you have every right to bitch about it.

Don't remember you having such a stance when it landed you KG.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 May 2017, 12:36

Gregs Kite wrote:

So what reason should Durant have signed with Boston over all the other teams pursuing him?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Goose » 15 May 2017, 13:27

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

So what reason should Durant have signed with Boston over all the other teams pursuing him?

Who wouldn't want to go there?

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 May 2017, 13:42

Gregs Kite wrote:

Enough cap space to bring one of his buddies, top draft picks in the upcoming drafts, and easier conference to deal with. The only situation better for him than Boston was Golden State, and that was borderline crazy because why, if he had any competitive fire at all, would he join them?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 13:43

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Enough cap space to bring one of his buddies, top draft picks in the upcoming drafts, and easier conference to deal with. The only situation better for him than Boston was Golden State, and that was borderline crazy because why, if he had any competitive fire at all, would he join them?

With OKC he had Golden State beat in last year's play-offs. I couldn't believe he wouldn't sign a one or two year deal with OKC to try to get past them. Cheese, thoughts?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh