Clippers Fan Talks Chris Paul

Discuss the columns here!

Clippers Fan Talks Chris Paul

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Apr 2017, 12:39

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs ... 136ed190b2

Brandon Anderson wrote:Chris Paul has been absolutely magnificent in these playoffs. It’s a crying shame that his efforts are going to be wasted and then overlooked, but what else is new? He’s the best point guard since Magic Johnson, and we can only hope he finds a way to get himself to San Antonio next season somehow.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Clippers Fan Talks Chris Paul

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Apr 2017, 16:18

I agree with the Isiah Thomas > Cp3 in spite of stats thing. Isiah Thomas did have better teammates, but hey he won two rings and would have won a 3rd if not for the refs, as unqualifiedly the team's best player. I'm fine with that. Then he goes and backs that argument over his foot by saying Nash>Cp3. I must have missed all those rings that Stevie Bustednose won.

And ranking Curry all-time over both?

I worry about basketball, and where we are, and how we value things. Westbrook takes 152 shots in a five-game series, only it’s OK because he doesn’t have any help. (Just wide-open teammates standing in the corners with their hands up.) Paul scores 28 points in a must-win game when his team needed 40 from him, only his offensive rating remained spectacular, so he remains our Point God.

Yeah, cause nobody's ever spooged over Curry's advanced stats. I guess the secret to being clutch, efficient and unselfish is to choke like a bitch and cry into a towel for games at a time in the Finals while your army of all-star teammates pick up the slack.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 27 Apr 2017, 17:59

Dthefritz wrote:I agree with the Isiah Thomas > Cp3 in spite of stats thing. Isiah Thomas did have better teammates, but hey he won two rings and would have won a 3rd if not for the refs, as unqualifiedly the team's best player. I'm fine with that. Then he goes and backs that argument over his foot by saying Nash>Cp3. I must have missed all those rings that Stevie Bustednose won.

I worry about basketball, and where we are, and how we value things. Westbrook takes 152 shots in a five-game series, only it’s OK because he doesn’t have any help. (Just wide-open teammates standing in the corners with their hands up.) Paul scores 28 points in a must-win game when his team needed 40 from him, only his offensive rating remained spectacular, so he remains our Point God.

Yeah, cause nobody's ever spooged over Curry's advanced stats. I guess the secret to being clutch, efficient and unselfish is to choke like a bitch and cry into a towel for games at a time in the Finals while your army of all-star teammates pick up the slack.

Curry is better certainly than Nash, but perhaps Nash is overrated. Not that it matters, but he's absolutely my favorite non-Seahawks athlete to watch. Just an incredible basketball player. Hard to compare him to Paul because he's had better teammates but in 2015, once they got rid of one of the worst coaches in the league, they won a title just one year after Paul and Curry met up in a 7-game series.

Bill is 100% wrong on Griffin. 3rd best player in 2015. So is he rating him above Curry, Lebron, or Durant. How about no, no, and no.
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Apr 2017, 18:15

Seahawks XL Champs wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I agree with the Isiah Thomas > Cp3 in spite of stats thing. Isiah Thomas did have better teammates, but hey he won two rings and would have won a 3rd if not for the refs, as unqualifiedly the team's best player. I'm fine with that. Then he goes and backs that argument over his foot by saying Nash>Cp3. I must have missed all those rings that Stevie Bustednose won.

Curry is better certainly than Nash, but perhaps Nash is overrated. Not that it matters, but he's absolutely my favorite non-Seahawks athlete to watch. Just an incredible basketball player. Hard to compare him to Paul because he's had better teammates but in 2015, once they got rid of one of the worst coaches in the league, they won a title just one year after Paul and Curry met up in a 7-game series.

Bill is 100% wrong on Griffin. 3rd best player in 2015. So is he rating him above Curry, Lebron, or Durant. How about no, no, and no.

Hate to defend Bill, but Durant was injured that year. IIRC, Griffin finished 3rd in MVP voting, after carrying the team to 56 wins with CP3 hurt most of the year and obviously a very limited bench.

Curry is of course better than Nash, but 3 great seasons from Curry don't outweigh Cp3's longstanding brilliance. Curry has a ring, but he didn't really play great enough in either of the Finals last two years for me to go against the longevity argument. And not for nothing, Cp3's best years are not that far off from Curry's, even before you factor in that he's one of the best defensive point guards in the league as opposed to a significant liability on that end.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 28 Apr 2017, 10:47

Dthefritz wrote:
Seahawks XL Champs wrote:

Hate to defend Bill, but Durant was injured that year. IIRC, Griffin finished 3rd in MVP voting, after carrying the team to 56 wins with CP3 hurt most of the year and obviously a very limited bench.

Curry is of course better than Nash, but 3 great seasons from Curry don't outweigh Cp3's longstanding brilliance. Curry has a ring, but he didn't really play great enough in either of the Finals last two years for me to go against the longevity argument. And not for nothing, Cp3's best years are not that far off from Curry's, even before you factor in that he's one of the best defensive point guards in the league as opposed to a significant liability on that end.

Is Curry really a liability or just sort of average on defense?
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Apr 2017, 10:51

If Chris Paul really is the Point God, then why does he let bad things happen to good people?

This one was just fucking stupid.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Jew Jitsu » 28 Apr 2017, 11:15

Curry is a liability on defense.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 28 Apr 2017, 11:17

Jew Jitsu wrote:Curry is a liability on defense.

Cavs exploited his poor defense last year.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Apr 2017, 16:43

38 minutes, 28 points, 9 assists, 2 turnovers, 10–19 FG, 4–4 FT.
That’s a perfectly fine line. Seriously. Kudos to Chris Paul. But if you showed me that line BEFORE Game 5, I would have said four words to you: “The Clippers are done.”
They needed 40 from him. Minimum.

37 minutes, 29 points, 8 assists, 4 turnovers, 10-20 FG, 7-8 FT.
That's a perfectly fine line. Seriously. Kudos to Chris Paul. But if you showed me that line BEFORE Game 6, I would have said four words to you: "The Clippers are done".
They need 861 points from him. Minimum. It's what Larry Jesus would have done!!!!!!!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh