Bill Blogs About His Own Made-Up NBA Awards 4/7/17

Discuss the columns here!

Bill Blogs About His Own Made-Up NBA Awards 4/7/17

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Apr 2017, 12:01

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-ring ... 16fb3fde7a

Wait...its not just Mr. Bill. Looks like its one of those email chain columns with other clowns that presumably make 35K a year for The Ringer.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Bill Blogs About His Own Made-Up NBA Awards 4/7/17

Postby Theny » 07 Apr 2017, 12:07

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-ringer-unreal-nba-ballot-steph-russell-boogie-ce16fb3fde7a

Wait...its not just Mr. Bill. Looks like its one of those email chain columns with other clowns that presumably make 35K a year for The Ringer.

I hope those writers can afford an occasional Olive Garden outing.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 07 Apr 2017, 12:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-ringer-unreal-nba-ballot-steph-russell-boogie-ce16fb3fde7a

That 35k line made me laugh more than presumably anything in the article could.

ETA: yup.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby PhillyJim76 » 07 Apr 2017, 13:24

That is such a horrible column. Bill is like Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant still wrestling. Go look on YouTube for this , its worth it
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Apr 2017, 13:29

The comments are great.

gooseud wrote:So should I assume the ringer is just going to politely cough and look the other way on lavar balls racial comments? Knowing if a white prospect’s dad announced that his sons team had lost in the sweet 16 because the black players got too flashy and turned the ball over too much, Alison Herman and Justin charity would clutch their pearls so hard they would strangle themselves?

LOL

Mike Blank wrote:Can this be the only season that the term ‘unicorn’ gets used? Can we limit it to just now, so that all the other NBA seasons are different . Can we make it like a, you know, like a unicorn season?

Seriously. Knock it off.

Simmons wrote:like they’re anything other than an arbitrary stat that we started to acknowledge 30–35 years ago because we were bored,
Mike Blank wrote:Says the guy who, earlier in this article, freaked out over a “250/750/900 club” that he completely and arbitrarily made up on the spot.

We should recruit this Mike Blank to SOTSG.

Frieder Dziobek79 wrote:Simmons, Ryan, Concepcion, Serrano. I challenge any media outlet to assemble a better cast of 4 sportswriters in one article. What’s it gonna be? Zach Lowe and three dudes I can’t tell apart?

OK Brian.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Apr 2017, 15:37

This season, though? A complete and total turnaround. Harden is all of a sudden one of the four best basketball players on the planet again. New coach Mike D’Antoni has them scoring 215 points a game. Literally every single meaningful statistic by which you would measure how good or bad a basketball team is has improved over last season. I wonder what the difference is. I wonder what the missing 6-foot-11, 265-pound difference is.

It is entirely Dwight Howard's fault that Mike D'Antoni wasn't the coach last year, that they didn't have Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson raining threes, and that Howard's bad juju caused James Harden to suck, as he only registered career highs in points, rebounds and assists while maintaining the same efficiency numbers as the previous season. Harden's inability to play defense and terrible conditioning were also Dwight Howard's fault, because he's a big meanie who interfered with the proper functioning of the universe by leading the Orlando Magic to victory over the Basketball Christ Sox in the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh