Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Discuss the columns here!

Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Feb 2017, 16:12

https://theringer.com/the-post-trade-de ... .iqwfl33lq

And it’s not like Kawhi Leonard was available here. I like Paul George, but he isn’t even one of the league’s six best forwards right now.


I love when he talks like this. Gets me wet.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29745
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby JichaelDick » 24 Feb 2017, 16:24

Good God, it’s a four-minute fake scene of the 2003 NBA Finals featuring the Kings and Knicks!!!!!! That critically lambasted rom-com was released on February 7, 2003, back when the Kings were still a Finals contender; three months later, C-Webb injured his knee in Round 2 and the Kings lost Game 7 to Dallas; they lost in Round 2 the following season and haven’t made the playoffs since.


Sactown lost in Round 1 to Seattle in 2005 and San Antonio in 2006. If a random Alabama dude knows that, an NBA Insider damn well should.

It actually did! (And I genuinely enjoyed the video too. It’s my favorite Jacksons–Boogie Cousins collaboration ever.) You know what else makes me feel better? Boston’s best player spent three years playing with Boogie. Let’s just say he carries some sway. They never made an offer. What does that tell you?
Think of it this way: If you had met a girl that you liked, then you found out that a buddy dated her for two years in college, would you ask him for a scouting report? You would, right? And if this buddy said to you, “I know she’s pretty, I know she’s a fun hang, but please trust me, SHE IS A NIGHTMARE AND YOU WILL REGRET GETTING INVOLVED WITH HER” unless you were the Bachelor and you needed to keep her around for a few episodes to keep the producers happy, you’d run from her, right? By contrast, if that same buddy said, “You know what? She’s a little loopy, and she’s definitely a handful, but she’s a great girl and I still care about her,” that would go a long way, too. Right? Something tells me that Isaiah didn’t say the latter. Just a hunch.


Billy comes here.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25250
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Feb 2017, 16:28

1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.


He advocated for taking Emeka Okafor over Dwight.

ETA: I'll let him slide for his nonsense sports opinions but How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was a good romcom.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29975
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Feb 2017, 17:07

Briandong79 wrote:
1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.


He advocated for taking Emeka Okafor over Dwight.

ETA: I'll let him slide for his nonsense sports opinions but How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was a good romcom.


From 2004-2011, Kate Hudson was only the 5th most reliable rom-com female lead.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29745
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 17:41

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.


He advocated for taking Emeka Okafor over Dwight.

ETA: I'll let him slide for his nonsense sports opinions but How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was a good romcom.


From 2004-2011, Kate Hudson was only the 5th most reliable rom-com female lead.

It's not like we're talking about Kristin Bell here. Hudson isn't even a top 6 blonde with a common Anglo-American surname.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby chrisco » 24 Feb 2017, 19:45

Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.


He advocated for taking Emeka Okafor over Dwight.

ETA: I'll let him slide for his nonsense sports opinions but How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was a good romcom.


From 2004-2011, Kate Hudson was only the 5th most reliable rom-com female lead.

It's not like we're talking about Kristin Bell here. Hudson isn't even a top 6 blonde with a common Anglo-American surname.

In 2011, Lake Bell is anchoring your second unit. She can swing the ball, hit a spot up jumper and guard 3s and 4s. You had just pushed How To Make It In America into HBOs Sunday Night lineup, but it didn't have a Vinny Chase. Shouldn't you have packaged her and SJP's syndicated foreign option rights for a number 1?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11271
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 19:59

Q: You never wrote exactly what you would have given up for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. What’s the most you would have done?
— Big Mac, Cambridge
BS: Does it even matter?

Guy asks question about something that happened in sports a day ago: "It's hypothetical, no point in exploring it."

Guy assk him to break down who would win a game of ping-pong between Peak Kevin McHale and a guy from the third season of Survivor: WHAT A FANTASTIC QUESTION MY READERS ARE THE BEST

Are we sure Butler or George were ever actually on the table?


Ooooh looks like Mr. 15 fake trades per column suddenly doesn't want to do a fake trade. Butthurt, perhaps?

If Boston called the Pacers about Paul George and were told (reportedly), We want your 2017 Brooklyn pick and we want three of Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley, AND you have to figure out a way to take Monta Ellis’s contract back, that would have been one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history. Not hyperbole.

That sounds a bit hyperbolic. I agree that it's a lot to ask and I wouldn't blame Danny Ainge for not pulling the trigger.

And it’s not like Kawhi Leonard was available here.

Meaning what, exactly? It's like if your team's best player is injured and out for the season, and a fan says "Well it's not like we lost MJ or anything." Yeah, but he's still the team's best player and they're still fucked. Shitty defense mechanism.

I like Paul George, but he isn’t even one of the league’s six best forwards right now. He’s never made a first- or second-team All-NBA.

There are two forwards on each all-NBA teams. Therefore, if you make the All-NBA third team, you are considered by the voters to be one of the Top 6 forwards in the NBA. Paul George has been voted to this team on three occasions, including last year. This doesn't PROVE he's a top-6 forward of course, and I'm really not trying to nit-pick here. Bill is carefully choosing his words and setting goalposts after the fact to boost his point. Shit like that is the single biggest problem I have with him.

He’s a 43 percent career shooter.

Fun fact: That's the exact percentage Derrick Rose shot in the season you [and the community of voters] judged him to be better than LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki.

He’s an excellent defender who averages a 22–6–3

Whatta bum!

and he doesn’t even crack the top 50 in PER this season.

DeMarcus Cousins is 8th in the league in PER. I'm sure he'll mention that when discussing that trade. Spoiler alert: he does not.

He’ll also be a free agent in 16 months

As will DeMarcus Cousins. I'm sure he'll mention that when discussing that trade. Spoiler alert: he does not.

Not only has Butler played better than George, but you could argue that Butler is still getting better while George is the same player he was three years ago (before he broke his leg).

Complete non-sequitur in this context.

Why would the Celtics blow up their team and trade 200 cents on the dollar for the seventh-best forward in the league?

Yes, Indiana was asking for too much. You didn't need a bunch of disingenuous bullshit to get that point across.

And yet you can’t blame Chicago and Indiana for overvaluing both stars, either.

They're not overvaluing their stars. They just don't have any reason to trade them right now, and would only do so for a huge overpay.

Why trade them in February when they don’t know if the Lakers will land a top-three 2017 draft pick? The smartest move — and the only move — was to wait until the NBA rigs the lottery for the Lakers. I mean, wait until after the lottery.

Right, so they're not overvaluing their stars, they're just being smart. But it's being smart FOR THE WRONG REASONS CAUSE THEY DIDN'T GIVE US THEIR REALLY GOOD PLAYERS FOR FREE AS GOD INTENDED.

Had I been running the Celtics, I’d have kept that Brooklyn pick UNLESS the trade would have given me a legitimate chance to win the 2017 title.

If I were running the Celtics, I would have done exactly what the guy running the Celtics did for the exact reasons he said publicly that he did them. Aren't you glad I'm here to enlighten you???

For instance, let’s say Chicago wanted to blow it up and offered Butler and Robin Lopez for Crowder, expirings, the 2017 Brooklyn pick, and Boston’s 2018 pick.

Wait a minute...

Q: You never wrote exactly what you would have given up for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. What’s the most you would have done?
— Big Mac, Cambridge
BS: Does it even matter?

Oh. I guess it does matter.

Why make a stupid trade? Just to make a splash? That’s the kind of shit that Jim Dolan does.

Right. So when Dolan publicly overruled his GM who said they were giving up too much in a trade for a star player, you shat all over him, right?

Bill in 2011 wrote:Don't you flip Chandler, Gallo and a pick for Carmelo every day and twice on Sunday? Don't you do it without blinking? What am I missing? I'm on Team Dolan & Team Isiah with this one.

I fucking can't with this guy.

More later.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Jew Jitsu » 24 Feb 2017, 21:05

It must kill Bill inside that he has to make a living writing about sports instead of reality tv and the entertainment industry. Jesus Christ what a colossal faggot.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8493
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Feb 2017, 10:35

To answer your other question, the ceilings of Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball (two no-doubt-about-it picks) made the availability of that Brooklyn pick somewhat historic.

1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.

2. Since 1984, only five NBA drafts featured two no-doubt-about-it picks: Oden and Durant (2007), LeBron and Melo (2003), Shaq and Alonzo (1992), Daugherty and Bias (1986), and Hakeem and Jordan (1984).


Image

Two no-doubt-about-it picks. Somewhat historic. 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in 20 years. Daughtery and Bias. Oden.

The mental gymnastics is amazing.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11701
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Goose » 27 Feb 2017, 11:46

Jew Jitsu wrote:It must kill Bill inside that he has to make a living writing about sports instead of reality tv and the entertainment industry. Jesus Christ what a colossal faggot.


Underrated post.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Dthefritz » 02 Mar 2017, 22:36

1. As covered last Friday, we’ve had only 12 no-doubt-about-it draft picks in the past 20 years: Duncan, Yao, LeBron, Carmelo, Dwight, Oden, Durant, Rose, Blake, Wall, Davis and Towns.




Kind of an odd list. I mean there were NO doubts about Yao? I mean he did go #1 in the draft and was massively hyped, but some people worried that he wouldn’t be physical or mobile enough. Didn’t they? Somebody already mentioned Bill’s infamous Okafor/Dwight TAEK, but he’s really going to tell us three years after the Kwame Brown debacle there were ZERO doubts about Howard? These guys were all really good prospects, but I feel like if you’re going to include some of the more marginal guys here, than you have to include the Elton Brands of the world.



2. Since 1984, only five NBA drafts featured two no-doubt-about-it picks: Oden and Durant (2007), LeBron and Melo (2003), Shaq and Alonzo (1992), Daugherty and Bias (1986), and Hakeem and Jordan (1984).


Somebody who follows college ball more closely please tell me if the two schmoes Bill is eyeblowing are as good as these dudes.



3. I combed through every draft since 1970 to see if anyone had ever traded a monster draft pick during the season. Nope.


I did ten minutes of research for something I wrote, that will be read by millions of people. Please tell me I’m pretty!!! Kudos to him for getting something right, though.




4. Only six contenders since the ABA-NBA merger knew they were sitting on a top-three pick as they were simultaneously contending for a title


So, the Celtics are a contender?



[after ranking the top trade assets] That’s 40 guys in all. Thirteen are off the table; 14 if you include Wall. The Celtics kicked the tires on the best two “not completely untradable” guys left, balked at the prohibitive price, then said to themselves, “If we overpay for George or Butler, that can’t even guarantee us a spot in the 2017 Finals.




So, the Celtics couldn’t win the 2017 finals if they add a top-10 player, but they’re a contender. Got it.



But if we land Fultz or Ball, we’re getting an untouchable asset on par with that Jokic-Giannis group.




If we know anything from Celtics history, it’s that nothing could possibly go wrong if they draft one of the top two college prospects.



They couldn’t have played it any other way — don’t they have a better chance to dominate the 2020s in the next few years?




In the 2020’s Isaiah Thomas will be 32-42 and Horford will be 34-44. If they’re planning on dominating that decade, shouldn’t they trade those guys?



If they strike oil in the lottery, great. If they can circle back and make another run at Butler or George (or someone else) in a situation where they become available in June, great. If they keep the pick and sign Gordon Hayward, great.




If they can get the guy who’s on a better team than the Celtics, with equally impressive young talent, who’s the #1 option right now, to leave a shitload of money on the table to come be Isaiah Thomas’ caddy, then they might just be OK with that!



Short-term contention coupled with the Great And Promising Unknown always trumps a Panic Blockbuster Overpay … right?




I was skeptical, but then you decided to use all those unnecessary capital letters and now I’m totally sold.



Only one thing bothered me about Boston’s week: Why not trump Dallas’s offer for Nerlens Noel? How was THAT not worth the risk?




Think of it this way: Why didn’t any number of teams not trump Dallas’s offer? Maybe the market for him is not as robust as “we” thought. Maybe Dallas had no leverage given their obvious glut of big men. Maybe, just maybe, in the specific case of the Celtics, Philly wasn’t falling all over themselves to help out a division rival by giving them the rim protector they so clearly need. How was that not worth the effort to think about for several seconds?



They have five times as many future picks and fringe assets as Dallas does. Where were they?


East of the Mississippi river, where Noel could come back to haunt the team that traded him.



Q: What rule will the NBA create that eventually will be known as the Vivek Ranadivé Rule (à la the Ted Stepien Rule)?
— Vince Martin, Silver Lake, Wisc.


BS: That’s just cold. By the way, I hate the Stepien Rule. If someone wants to trade first-rounders every year, so what?



So what? This guy spent the entire 2011 lockout arguing that the owners making dumb decisions was the single biggest problem with the league, and therefore they needed to be protected from themselves for the good of the league. Tough shit, players union! RASHARD LEWIS IS EVIL FOR HAVING ACCEPTED A MAX CONTRACT. [no he really argued that].



Why keep the Stepien Rule when a franchise like Brooklyn can basically give away its own first-rounders in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018, anyway? Including five picks potentially in the top five!




Looks like our mousetrap was flawed and the mouse ate the cheese and got away. Why even have a mousetrap??? No point in building a better one.



Q: When are we gonna stop pretending like there ever will be a good haul back for a team trading a superstar (like Cousins)? Name one time a player as good as Cousins was traded for a good return?


Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Deron Williams [a superstar at the time], all got pretty good returns. His point about the difficulty in getting fair return for a great player is valid, though highly unoriginal, but Cousins is an extreme case. They traded him under circumstances that almost guaranteed they wouldn’t get a good return.

And so help me if you bring Boston’s Big Three trade into this I swear I will stop watchingAny Given Wednesday!
— Adam, Chicago


I take it back. Good e-mail!



But to be clear — Cousins isn’t a superstar. He’s never even been on a 40-win team. In the past 35 years, only six superstars were traded in their primes: 1982 Moses Malone, 2011 Chris Paul, 1992 Charles Barkley, 2001 Jason Kidd, 2005 Tracy McGrady and 2012 Dwight Howard. If you want to include 2007 KG and 2004 Shaq even though they were a little past their peaks, that’s eight. Any one of them guaranteed you 45 wins if they were surrounded by a decent team; if you surrounded one of them with a good team, you could make the Finals.



Barkley, T-Mac and KG all missed the playoffs with teams that were arguably better than Cousins’ supporting cast, while they were undoubtedly in their prime. Howard and Shaq were the only ones who had made the Finals prior to being traded.



Also, I guess Carmelo’s superstar status has been revoked since Bill last pulled his list of “TRUE SUPERSTARS” out of his bunghole. You know, Carmelo who had never missed the playoffs even as a rookie upon being traded, and who led a team to the conference finals [in the harder of the two conferences] which Cp3, Barkley, Kidd and T-Mac had never done.



Right now, Cousins guarantees you nothing other than fantasy stats, headlines and technicals.




Boy, he flip-flopped on Cousins HARD once he realized Boston wasn’t getting him. He was in full-fangirl mode for 6 solid years, and boom. Skip Bayless Time! I WILL INSULT FANTASY SPORTS SO PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH AS A PERSON.



Nobody wanted to trade a significant asset and/or draft pick for him because nobody knew what they were getting.




Strangely, this analysis doesn’t apply to Nerlens Noel or anybody else who gets traded for a seemingly subpar return. Also, didn’t I tell you he would gloss over DMC’s impending free agency like he didn’t with George?



And by the way? All eight times, the team trading the superstar lost the deal.




Oh, that’s why he left Carmelo off the superstars list. Gotta preserve that narrative. Also, I think New Orleans got a pretty good haul for CP3, as mentioned. Eric Gordon was well on his way to becoming an all-star before those injuries. Obviously, they lucked out getting the #1 pick and Anthony Davis, but if you balance that out with the bad luck of Gordon’s injuries, I think they come out OK.



Q: Am I wrong to think that Golden State would rather get gonorrhea than New Orleans in Round 1?


Yes! Gonorrhea is quite painful and New Orleans is a basketball team that they will beat in Round 1 if they face them.



Pelicans would have two of the four best guys — Boogie and Brow should combine for something like 60 points, 25 boards, 10 assists, five blocks, five steals.


And their d-league caliber wings would give up a zillion open threes and give up 500 easy fast break points off inconceivably bad turnovers. Davis/Cousins could score every single time they touched the ball, and it still wouldn’t matter.




If New Orleans forced a Game 6 at home, crowd going crazy, they sneak out a win…


Is the crowd going to help Wayne Ellington guard Klay Thompson?

all bets would be off in Game 7 and David Stern wouldn’t be around to rig an outcome.




This is like Bill talking to a mirror. He does this shit every year. Hey, what if a massively inferior team in Round 1 is carried to a game 7 by the mystical powers of the 12th man? Then maybe the other team’s non-magical fanbase might have a meltdown and fail to carry its far superior team to victory in Game 7!



It’s admittedly long odds but not “Leicester to win the Premier League” long, right?
[/quote]

AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, AN USPET HAPPENED A YEAR AGO IN A DIFFERENT SPORT IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY! ARE YOU NOT SPOOKED TO YOUR VERY BONES????



Holy shit are his readers dumb. No wonder Bill thinks he’s such a genius. That’s all for tonight.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 02 Mar 2017, 23:48

This breakdown was great. Off the top, he hated the Yao pick and thought Jay Williams was the better player.
User avatar
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 01 May 2008, 15:36

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 08:34

Dthefritz wrote:
Q: You never wrote exactly what you would have given up for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. What’s the most you would have done?
— Big Mac, Cambridge
BS: Does it even matter?

Guy asks question about something that happened in sports a day ago: "It's hypothetical, no point in exploring it."


This is actually a good point. I....I have nothing snarky to say in response.

Dthefritz wrote:
[after ranking the top trade assets] That’s 40 guys in all. Thirteen are off the table; 14 if you include Wall. The Celtics kicked the tires on the best two “not completely untradable” guys left, balked at the prohibitive price, then said to themselves, “If we overpay for George or Butler, that can’t even guarantee us a spot in the 2017 Finals.


So, the Celtics couldn’t win the 2017 finals if they add a top-10 player, but they’re a contender. Got it.


Be honest, you know there's a difference in the NBA between being a contender and being an actual title contender.

Right now, Cousins guarantees you nothing other than fantasy stats, headlines and technicals.


Boy, he flip-flopped on Cousins HARD once he realized Boston wasn’t getting him. He was in full-fangirl mode for 6 solid years, and boom. Skip Bayless Time! I WILL INSULT FANTASY SPORTS SO PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH AS A PERSON.


Fan of team acts like a fan of a team and changes his opinion of a player once his team doesn't acquire him. SHOCKING.

Q: Am I wrong to think that Golden State would rather get gonorrhea than New Orleans in Round 1?


Yes! Gonorrhea is quite painful and New Orleans is a basketball team that they will beat in Round 1 if they face them.


Something you wanna share with the class?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 21463
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Dthefritz » 03 Mar 2017, 08:51

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Q: You never wrote exactly what you would have given up for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. What’s the most you would have done?
— Big Mac, Cambridge
BS: Does it even matter?

Guy asks question about something that happened in sports a day ago: "It's hypothetical, no point in exploring it."


This is actually a good point. I....I have nothing snarky to say in response.

Dthefritz wrote:
[after ranking the top trade assets] That’s 40 guys in all. Thirteen are off the table; 14 if you include Wall. The Celtics kicked the tires on the best two “not completely untradable” guys left, balked at the prohibitive price, then said to themselves, “If we overpay for George or Butler, that can’t even guarantee us a spot in the 2017 Finals.


So, the Celtics couldn’t win the 2017 finals if they add a top-10 player, but they’re a contender. Got it.


Be honest, you know there's a difference in the NBA between being a contender and being an actual title contender.

Right now, Cousins guarantees you nothing other than fantasy stats, headlines and technicals.


Boy, he flip-flopped on Cousins HARD once he realized Boston wasn’t getting him. He was in full-fangirl mode for 6 solid years, and boom. Skip Bayless Time! I WILL INSULT FANTASY SPORTS SO PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH AS A PERSON.


Fan of team acts like a fan of a team and changes his opinion of a player once his team doesn't acquire him. SHOCKING.

Q: Am I wrong to think that Golden State would rather get gonorrhea than New Orleans in Round 1?


Yes! Gonorrhea is quite painful and New Orleans is a basketball team that they will beat in Round 1 if they face them.


Something you wanna share with the class?

TY for acknowledging my good point.

TBH, I don't know what you mean by the difference between contender and "actual title contender". I guess you mean teams that could potentially win the title if wacky things happen and the whole team catches fire at the right time, like say the 2011 Mavs. However, I would not put the Celtics in that category. I need to see them do something in the playoffs first. If they make the conference finals or at least put a scare into a real contender in round 2 (like the 2013 warriors/spurs series), then we can safely stick them there.

As for cousins, I'm obviously not shocked by his flip flop, but I think it's amusing given how hard and how long he pumped him up.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Does Bill Approve of Ainge Standing Pat? Mailbag 2/24!

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 09:02

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Q: You never wrote exactly what you would have given up for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. What’s the most you would have done?
— Big Mac, Cambridge
BS: Does it even matter?

Guy asks question about something that happened in sports a day ago: "It's hypothetical, no point in exploring it."


This is actually a good point. I....I have nothing snarky to say in response.

Dthefritz wrote:
[after ranking the top trade assets] That’s 40 guys in all. Thirteen are off the table; 14 if you include Wall. The Celtics kicked the tires on the best two “not completely untradable” guys left, balked at the prohibitive price, then said to themselves, “If we overpay for George or Butler, that can’t even guarantee us a spot in the 2017 Finals.


So, the Celtics couldn’t win the 2017 finals if they add a top-10 player, but they’re a contender. Got it.


Be honest, you know there's a difference in the NBA between being a contender and being an actual title contender.

Right now, Cousins guarantees you nothing other than fantasy stats, headlines and technicals.


Boy, he flip-flopped on Cousins HARD once he realized Boston wasn’t getting him. He was in full-fangirl mode for 6 solid years, and boom. Skip Bayless Time! I WILL INSULT FANTASY SPORTS SO PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH AS A PERSON.


Fan of team acts like a fan of a team and changes his opinion of a player once his team doesn't acquire him. SHOCKING.

Q: Am I wrong to think that Golden State would rather get gonorrhea than New Orleans in Round 1?


Yes! Gonorrhea is quite painful and New Orleans is a basketball team that they will beat in Round 1 if they face them.


Something you wanna share with the class?

TY for acknowledging my good point.

TBH, I don't know what you mean by the difference between contender and "actual title contender". I guess you mean teams that could potentially win the title if wacky things happen and the whole team catches fire at the right time, like say the 2011 Mavs. However, I would not put the Celtics in that category. I need to see them do something in the playoffs first. If they make the conference finals or at least put a scare into a real contender in round 2 (like the 2013 warriors/spurs series), then we can safely stick them there.

As for cousins, I'm obviously not shocked by his flip flop, but I think it's amusing given how hard and how long he pumped him up.


A contender's ceiling is a fun, maybe improbable run to the conference finals, where they get whacked by an actual title contender.

Also, the gonorrhea. Sup?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 21463
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest