Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Feb 2017, 18:29

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I guess we can safely conclude from today's events that Jimmy Butler and Paul George are veritable Hitlers who would have destroyed the Celtics precious chemistry. After all they have an unbeatable war chest of assets that could get any player in the league in return whenever they chose, regardless of what any other team was offering. And we all know that Danny Ainge is both saintly and all-knowing, so if he didnt make the all in move to get these players when the team is both in desperate need of and cosmically owed a star player, it must mean he took a deep glance into the souls of these black folk and not liked what he seen.

But how do we know? It's all speculation! We don't anything! We don't know what Bird asked for. We don't know what Paxon asked for. It's all floating in the wind like the charred embers of Dachau. When you really think about it, everything is worthless because what do we really know about anything except that disparaging Celtics shoehorns are as predictable as cheese derailing fun conversation. But even then, do we really know its cheese? Are we there with him behind his BRO keyboard? We don't know!

Disparaging Celtics shoehorns. You're the one who brought up how the Celtics not doing the trade is proof of cousins worthlessness. I pointed out that they have tried to trade for every available superstar for several years and it has never materialized, so it's not definitive proof of anything. Today two more star players were not traded to the Celtics, who were rumored to be the likely trade partner should those guys move.

I'm pretty sure I stated several times I agree Cousins is supremely talented, likely the best center in the league. You're the staunch defended waving the flag and barking to anyone who'll read it that none of this can possibly be Cousins fault, he's just a victim of circumstance.

And now they've definitely tried to trade for all these superstars? We know this as definitive fact? Weird how this is a definitive fact but if we dare say anything about Ainges thought process its WILD SPECULATION!

You said, seemingly derisively "all you smart people think cousins so great", somesuch. Honestly it's hard to know when you're being sarcastic, although it's hard for somebody like me to complain about that.

It's impossible to know what a franchise is saying or thinking behind closed doors. However, I choose to believe that some of the extensive reporting about the Celtics trying constantly to pull off big deals has some basis in truth. Your theory on Cousins may be true, but I think you're acting like Boston had all the cards and controlled then outcome, and I think Sacramento's desperate and incompetent behavior makes that unlikely. Agree to disagree.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 24 Feb 2017, 07:56

Would you two just fuck already?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 09:08

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Would you two just fuck already?

I would but according to various sources, I hate white ppl.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Incogneetus69 » 24 Feb 2017, 15:29

Demarcus cousins = Kevin love. I actually schooled you guys with my hot takes five years ago about Kevin love. Mentioning how his stats were skewed Bc he was an admitted stat whore. (I think my only skin in that game was I was attempting to bolster brook lopezs trade value by talking him up online Bc I thought we were getting Dwight or some shit idfk).

You don't miss the playoffs for five years if you're an A1 star. Cousins is a B-tier player.

The A-tier runs ten deep and my nigga fritz is about to school you guys and break that down. The b tier has 20 guys. C tier has 30 and so on.
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Incogneetus69 » 24 Feb 2017, 15:31

Do you think there should be an equal amount of 1's, 2's, 3's etc. if you rate people's attractiveness on a scale of 1-10?

Meaning is 10% of the world a 10, and then 10% is a 9 etc? Mathematically doesn't it have to be the case ?
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Feb 2017, 18:32

Incogneetus69 wrote:Demarcus cousins = Kevin love. I actually schooled you guys with my hot takes five years ago about Kevin love. Mentioning how his stats were skewed Bc he was an admitted stat whore. (I think my only skin in that game was I was attempting to bolster brook lopezs trade value by talking him up online Bc I thought we were getting Dwight or some shit idfk).

You don't miss the playoffs for five years if you're an A1 star. Cousins is a B-tier player.

The A-tier runs ten deep and my nigga fritz is about to school you guys and break that down. The b tier has 20 guys. C tier has 30 and so on.

I agreed with you 100% about Kevin Love at the time. I think Cousins is better than him, but I agree he's a step below the league's TRU elite until he proves otherwise.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh