Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Postby Theny » 23 Feb 2017, 08:29

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Okay, hang on. The best center in the league couldn't help get his team to the playoffs one time during his tenure with he Kings, and ultimately resulted in them taking an atrocious deal just to get rid of him?

I'll give the organization 5% of the blame pie, tops.

I realize that this is the argument that will annoy people the most, and therefore it is your solemn duty to carry it to the grave, but there's a big gap between "Cousins causes problems which lowered his trade value" and "the most ineptly run franchise in the entire league, which fucked the dog on virtually every trade, signing and draft pick isn't to blame whatsoever." I mean, for fuck's sake, Zach Randolph was a way bigger headache off the court than Cousins ever was, not to mention less talented, and he showed that going from the Jail Blazers, Isiah Knicks and Dunleavy CLippers to a team that had reasonable talent and not completely dysfunctional management made all the difference in the world.

Fair enough but Cousins has gone from the most poorly run organization to the second most poorly run organization.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Incogneetus69 » 23 Feb 2017, 08:38

Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Feb 2017, 08:41

Incogneetus69 wrote:Image

NOT HIS FAULT!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 23 Feb 2017, 09:08

I feel like my contrabro balls here. How have any of you seen this guy play outside of an allstar game? I don't think i've ever seen a kings game on tv. This is absurd.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Theny » 23 Feb 2017, 09:25

ctz31 wrote:I feel like my contrabro balls here. How have any of you seen this guy play outside of an allstar game? I don't think i've ever seen a kings game on tv. This is absurd.

When he played the Heat earlier this year, he had six fouls in the 4th quarter. It was hilarious.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JT99 » 23 Feb 2017, 09:26

I would like to open the floor to anyone who can provide me a shred of evidence that Sacramento is a solidly run organization.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Feb 2017, 09:27

JT99 wrote:I would like to open the floor to anyone who can provide me a shred of evidence that Sacramento is a solidly run organization.

I don't think one sane person here is arguing that.

So let's wait for Balls to do it.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 Feb 2017, 09:37

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:I would like to open the floor to anyone who can provide me a shred of evidence that Sacramento is a solidly run organization.

I don't think one sane person here is arguing that.

So let's wait for Balls to do it.

I'd like to ask the opposite of that. Which organizations are well-run?

Theres like 2 or 3 maybe. The rest are run by complete jackasses. Cleveland was gifted 3 overall #1s in 4 years and LBJ happens to be from there. La Lakers are only successful ever bc of location. Golden State: I'd have to review them. They may be a tight ship. Boston - fuck you bc you fleeced Billy King.

Spurs? I dunno. If they didnt tank to get Duncan in 97, would they have ever turned into what they are today? Tough to say.

I dont know. This league is a low-key joke.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Feb 2017, 09:38

ctz31 wrote:I feel like my contrabro balls here. How have any of you seen this guy play outside of an allstar game? I don't think i've ever seen a kings game on tv. This is absurd.

I saw him play twice in high school. The short fuse has always been there. So has the talent
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Incogneetus69 » 23 Feb 2017, 09:54

Billy king also traded the pick that became dame Lillard for UFA Gerald Wallace
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby PhillyJim76 » 23 Feb 2017, 11:19

It's not a low key joke in as much as it's based on luck and conspiracy.

They are gambling on 19 year old kids to project to be superstars. On top of that the league manipulates everything. As long as the Lakers have one fucking ball in the lottery this year, they are getting the number one pick. Just so Magic can flash that smile, they act like his winning ways brought them luck blah blah blah. Lakers and Celtics get the first two picks no doubt.

***Note: I said the same shit when the league plopped the Colangelos in our lap last year. It was conditional on the Sixers getting Simmons at the number one.

It is what it is.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Feb 2017, 18:02

I guess we can safely conclude from today's events that Jimmy Butler and Paul George are veritable Hitlers who would have destroyed the Celtics precious chemistry. After all they have an unbeatable war chest of assets that could get any player in the league in return whenever they chose, regardless of what any other team was offering. And we all know that Danny Ainge is both saintly and all-knowing, so if he didnt make the all in move to get these players when the team is both in desperate need of and cosmically owed a star player, it must mean he took a deep glance into the souls of these black folk and not liked what he seen.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Feb 2017, 18:06

Dthefritz wrote:I guess we can safely conclude from today's events that Jimmy Butler and Paul George are veritable Hitlers who would have destroyed the Celtics precious chemistry. After all they have an unbeatable war chest of assets that could get any player in the league in return whenever they chose, regardless of what any other team was offering. And we all know that Danny Ainge is both saintly and all-knowing, so if he didnt make the all in move to get these players when the team is both in desperate need of and cosmically owed a star player, it must mean he took a deep glance into the souls of these black folk and not liked what he seen.

But how do we know? It's all speculation! We don't anything! We don't know what Bird asked for. We don't know what Paxon asked for. It's all floating in the wind like the charred embers of Dachau. When you really think about it, everything is worthless because what do we really know about anything except that disparaging Celtics shoehorns are as predictable as cheese derailing fun conversation. But even then, do we really know its cheese? Are we there with him behind his BRO keyboard? We don't know!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Feb 2017, 18:15

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:I guess we can safely conclude from today's events that Jimmy Butler and Paul George are veritable Hitlers who would have destroyed the Celtics precious chemistry. After all they have an unbeatable war chest of assets that could get any player in the league in return whenever they chose, regardless of what any other team was offering. And we all know that Danny Ainge is both saintly and all-knowing, so if he didnt make the all in move to get these players when the team is both in desperate need of and cosmically owed a star player, it must mean he took a deep glance into the souls of these black folk and not liked what he seen.

But how do we know? It's all speculation! We don't anything! We don't know what Bird asked for. We don't know what Paxon asked for. It's all floating in the wind like the charred embers of Dachau. When you really think about it, everything is worthless because what do we really know about anything except that disparaging Celtics shoehorns are as predictable as cheese derailing fun conversation. But even then, do we really know its cheese? Are we there with him behind his BRO keyboard? We don't know!

Disparaging Celtics shoehorns. You're the one who brought up how the Celtics not doing the trade is proof of cousins worthlessness. I pointed out that they have tried to trade for every available superstar for several years and it has never materialized, so it's not definitive proof of anything. Today two more star players were not traded to the Celtics, who were rumored to be the likely trade partner should those guys move.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Feb 2017, 18:20

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Disparaging Celtics shoehorns. You're the one who brought up how the Celtics not doing the trade is proof of cousins worthlessness. I pointed out that they have tried to trade for every available superstar for several years and it has never materialized, so it's not definitive proof of anything. Today two more star players were not traded to the Celtics, who were rumored to be the likely trade partner should those guys move.

I'm pretty sure I stated several times I agree Cousins is supremely talented, likely the best center in the league. You're the staunch defended waving the flag and barking to anyone who'll read it that none of this can possibly be Cousins fault, he's just a victim of circumstance.

And now they've definitely tried to trade for all these superstars? We know this as definitive fact? Weird how this is a definitive fact but if we dare say anything about Ainges thought process its WILD SPECULATION!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh