Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Trade Deadline Mailbag 2/17/17

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 21:03

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Okay, hang on. The best center in the league couldn't help get his team to the playoffs one time during his tenure with he Kings, and ultimately resulted in them taking an atrocious deal just to get rid of him?

I'll give the organization 5% of the blame pie, tops.

I realize that this is the argument that will annoy people the most, and therefore it is your solemn duty to carry it to the grave, but there's a big gap between "Cousins causes problems which lowered his trade value" and "the most ineptly run franchise in the entire league, which fucked the dog on virtually every trade, signing and draft pick isn't to blame whatsoever." I mean, for fuck's sake, Zach Randolph was a way bigger headache off the court than Cousins ever was, not to mention less talented, and he showed that going from the Jail Blazers, Isiah Knicks and Dunleavy CLippers to a team that had reasonable talent and not completely dysfunctional management made all the difference in the world.

according to legend, zach still has trap houses in indy to this day.

also yeah the kings are aspecial kind of retarded.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 22 Feb 2017, 21:06

Cousins being a headcase and a cancer has been a thing since he was in high school. That said, he does seem to have a select few folks he lets in. He was doing well with Mike Malone (who is doing wondrous things with Denver) before he got sick and the Kings (IDIOTICALLY) fired Malone. Sactown was almost certainly the single worst possible NBA franchise for a guy like him to be.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Feb 2017, 21:07

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
You wouldn’t care if he took the biggest shot of a game even if he was 1-for-15

OK, I'm calling bullshit. You really would totally trust a guy who's shooting 37% from the field for the season (and 36% for his career) to take a shot with a Game 7 on the line? Somehow, I don't quite believe you.

Billy's 100% right on this one. Smart is exactly the type of spaz that will hit that "WTF" shot after you've spent the entire game cursing his very existence and sentencing him to a life of watching Boondocks Saints.

I get that, I've seen him hit those shots. I still think it's overstating the case to say you completely trust him to hit a shot to win a playoff series.

Marcus Smart sucks.

This is neither a helpful post, nor is it funny, nor does it move the conversation along, you awful, terrible, c-word!

He blows. He sucked in college and he is a stiff in the NBA. Only you jackasses would over-value him. "I want Cousins, but only if I dont have to give up Marcus Smart or Jae Crowder." God you guys are the biggest losers.

The Celtics never wanted Cousins to come in a ruin everything by being all Boogie and stuff. Read a book, one time.

Well if you believe most of what the press is reporting now, Cousins' agent tried to sabotage the trade by telling everyone he would go to free agency no matter what, and that NO was one of the few teams willing to risk it. But I guess according to FuckRayAllen.Tumblr.Info the Celtics shit rainbows and would never trade for the league's best center unless he got 1500 on his SAT's and sang the national anthem like he really meant it.

You're acting like all he did was return a library book late and not destroy a franchise single handily. I assigned bacon to do the impossible and defend this cancer, but this will do, I guess. I believe Stevens and IT vetoed any Cousins deal and Ainge acquiesced.

IT vetoed? Ok.

Smart is that nigga doe. Heart him.

The rest of this is a gang bang sonning.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Feb 2017, 21:10

I've watched the Celtics build up an absurd amount of assets with the idea of turning it into a stud player. A stud player, the best center in be league by all the smart people's accounts, becomes available and Ainge is afraid he will leave?

Garnett never wanted to come here either and Ainge took the chance. Yes, it takes speculation to figure out why he didn't make the move, but it's more common sense. The guy isn't worth the headache.

IT played with the guy. IT is the star player on the team. Might be an off chance they asked IT for his input. Might be an off chance of he got ITs vote he would be on Boston.

Might be.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Feb 2017, 21:22

Gregs Kite wrote:I've watched the Celtics build up an absurd amount of assets with the idea of turning it into a stud player. A stud player, the best center in be league by all the smart people's accounts, becomes available and Ainge is afraid he will leave?

And they've tried and failed to trade their assets many, many times. Perhaps Ainge was playing hardball and he never imagined the Kings would take the shit deal they ended up taking. We don't know.

Garnett never wanted to come here either and Ainge took the chance.

That is an absurd example. With the Ray Allen trade, the Celtics were making all-in moves already, and they would have been ecstatic with one season and one title out of him. They may have assets and a nice team, but they don't have two bona fide superstars like they did prior to the KG trade.

Yes, it takes speculation to figure out why he didn't make the move, but it's more common sense. The guy isn't worth the headache.

We don't know if he even had a definitive chance to pull the trigger or not. That in and of itself is speculation.

Lastly, even if you are right about Danny Ainge's thought processes and opinion, that doesn't prove anything. It proves a generally smart GM thinks something. That doesn't mean it's a definitive fact.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Feb 2017, 21:25

My god you love you some surly negroes. Holy moly.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Feb 2017, 21:30

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Garnett never wanted to come here either and Ainge took the chance.

That is an absurd example.

Thank you. And Taylor begged KG to take the trade because he deserved a shot at a title and he wasnt getting it here. 'Took the chance' jesus.

This playoffs thing too...you've seen the West, right? And the Kings? Oh yeah, Boogie single handedly ruined them. While having a higher 3pt% than Buddy.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Feb 2017, 21:35

Gregs Kite wrote:My god you love you some surly negroes. Holy moly.

My god you hate you some surly negroes!

I'm not even going to cite any stats, Ima take a page out of your playbook. I watch games. I have watched DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings play basketball. I'm either half-blind or he's a fucking terror on the court surrounded by poorly-coached, shit players. Dude can score whenever he wants. He has an endless array of post moves, a deadly jab-step, face-up up game where he can either shoot the J or put it on the floor and finish strong with either hand. He shoots 3's like a guard. He can kill you passing out of the double team. He is a pretty good defensive player when he wants to be.

Yes, he's a head case and sometimes whines to the refs instead of getting back on D. I think these are fixable problems if he's on the right team. It's happened before. We will see.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Feb 2017, 22:26

He just needs a strong locker room. We all know where that is. SHAME
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Feb 2017, 23:20

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Garnett never wanted to come here either and Ainge took the chance.

Thank you. And Taylor begged KG to take the trade because he deserved a shot at a title and he wasnt getting it here. 'Took the chance' jesus.

lmaooo shut your ass up

KG only signed off on the trade once Boston guaranteed him a contract extension that would've kept him overpaid. Facts.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Feb 2017, 23:33

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

lmaooo shut your ass up

KG only signed off on the trade once Boston guaranteed him a contract extension that would've kept him overpaid. Facts.

Nah man, he had the no trade and didn't sign off til the owner begged him. Also, overpaid? They're all overpaid. He won a title the next year though so.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Jew Jitsu » 22 Feb 2017, 23:38

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

lmaooo shut your ass up

Nah man, he had the no trade and didn't sign off til the owner begged him. Also, overpaid? They're all overpaid. He won a title the next year though so.

lmaooo shut your ass up
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Feb 2017, 23:39

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

lmaooo shut your ass up

lmaooo shut your ass up

K. Your KG hatred usually has more basis than this.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Feb 2017, 07:52

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:My god you love you some surly negroes. Holy moly.

My god you hate you some surly negroes!

I'm not even going to cite any stats, Ima take a page out of your playbook. I watch games. I have watched DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings play basketball. I'm either half-blind or he's a fucking terror on the court surrounded by poorly-coached, shit players. Dude can score whenever he wants. He has an endless array of post moves, a deadly jab-step, face-up up game where he can either shoot the J or put it on the floor and finish strong with either hand. He shoots 3's like a guard. He can kill you passing out of the double team. He is a pretty good defensive player when he wants to be.

Yes, he's a head case and sometimes whines to the refs instead of getting back on D. I think these are fixable problems if he's on the right team. It's happened before. We will see.

You not citing stats is the most respectable thing you've posted in months, thank you.

If we agree that the Celtics are the "right team", and I think we do, correct me if I'm wrong, then this guy, the consensus best center in the league, would flourish. I mean, that's what we're getting at here, right? None of this is Cousins' fault, he just hasn't been given the tools to succeed, right? So why didn't Danny Ainge go "all-in"?

Dthefritz wrote:With the Ray Allen trade, the Celtics were making all-in moves already, and they would have been ecstatic with one season and one title out of him. They may have assets and a nice team, but they don't have two bona fide superstars like they did prior to the KG trade.

Signing Al Horford, chasing Kevin Durant and stockpiling assets screams wanting to go "all in", to me. Ainge isn't making moves to put butts in seats for the 50/50 raffles at the Gahhhhden. He sees Cousins on the block and passes and we're left flailing our arms in wonderment because we weren't listening to him and Vlade chat? Okay.

Lastly, even if you are right about Danny Ainge's thought processes and opinion, that doesn't prove anything. It proves a generally smart GM thinks something. That doesn't mean it's a definitive fact.

I know, it's all a great big wild mystery that no one can know without contacting the Stygian witches, but it doesn't take much more than bare minimum common sense to realize the Celtics probably had reservations about bringing this guy in. They have more draft picks than roster spots, I don't think it's wild speculation to think Ainge would pounce on a great talent if he thought it got them closer to a title. I know, I know, none of this is poor DeMarcus' fault. He's just a misunderstood dude who has had some gee whiz rotten luck playing professional basketball.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 23 Feb 2017, 08:17

Whatever, gargs tears will be delicious next year when IT still can't start an all star game over John Wall who will be averaging 25/15 thanks to all the dimes he's dropping to fellow wizard Boogie ;)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh