Bill Simmons Ringer All Patriots Mailbag, GRRRRRRRR lol

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Bill Simmons Ringer All Patriots Mailbag, GRRRRRRRR lol

Postby Dthefritz » 31 Jan 2017, 08:29

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:Look, I obviously can't prove that I'm not OJOM-ing, but defense wins championships. We might think of the 99 Rams as an offense-only team, but they gave up the 4th fewest points in the NFL. The '09 Saints were at least respectable, at 13th. You can't just gun your way to a title with a shit defense.

Anyway, Simmons is still wrong about the point I cited. I'm sure you can all take it on faith that I believe that much.

It's what worries me the most, honestly. Then again, it's not like New England went up against a murderer's row of offenses. Seriously, they gave up 31 to Seattle in Foxboro and it's not like Seattle is some offensive powerhouse, especially outside CenturyLink.

The Pats had just traded Jamie Collins and were working new guys into the defense. It would stand to reason the defense that played two months ago is different than the one playing Sunday.

HOWEVA, I am not buying into the numbers. I think this New England defense is good, but it is not the #1 ranked in <insert dork ONTB stat here>. They need to limit Jones, force a turnover or two, and hope Matty Ice poops his pants on the big stage.

Nobody said New England had the best defense in the league. Their D is good and the Falcons is bad. I wouldn't have gone to the numbers if you hadn't accused me of gross bias for no reason.

New England has the number one scoring defense in the league. Everyone is mentioning that. Number one defense versus number one offense. It's kind of a big storyline.

I meant nobody HERE said that. I admire your fortitude in not boycotting sports coverage for this two week tardfest. It's the worst.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2017, 08:33

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:Look, I obviously can't prove that I'm not OJOM-ing, but defense wins championships. We might think of the 99 Rams as an offense-only team, but they gave up the 4th fewest points in the NFL. The '09 Saints were at least respectable, at 13th. You can't just gun your way to a title with a shit defense.

Anyway, Simmons is still wrong about the point I cited. I'm sure you can all take it on faith that I believe that much.

It's what worries me the most, honestly. Then again, it's not like New England went up against a murderer's row of offenses. Seriously, they gave up 31 to Seattle in Foxboro and it's not like Seattle is some offensive powerhouse, especially outside CenturyLink.

The Pats had just traded Jamie Collins and were working new guys into the defense. It would stand to reason the defense that played two months ago is different than the one playing Sunday.

HOWEVA, I am not buying into the numbers. I think this New England defense is good, but it is not the #1 ranked in <insert dork ONTB stat here>. They need to limit Jones, force a turnover or two, and hope Matty Ice poops his pants on the big stage.

Nobody said New England had the best defense in the league. Their D is good and the Falcons is bad. I wouldn't have gone to the numbers if you hadn't accused me of gross bias for no reason.

New England has the number one scoring defense in the league. Everyone is mentioning that. Number one defense versus number one offense. It's kind of a big storyline.

I meant nobody HERE said that. I admire your fortitude in not boycotting sports coverage for this two week tardfest. It's the worst.

+Image^Image
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Jan 2017, 09:00

I'm confused, what is TRU hero Chipper Jones doing in your post?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2017, 09:03

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:I'm confused, what is TRU hero Chipper Jones doing in your post?

It was supposed to be 100, which is 10^2, and Chipper was the first person I could think of as #10, and not the second-best Manning to play quarterback at Ole Miss.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 31 Jan 2017, 09:05

you chose wisely
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2017, 09:05

JichaelDick wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:I'm confused, what is TRU hero Chipper Jones doing in your post?

It was supposed to be 100, which is 10^2, and Chipper was the first person I could think of as #10, and not the second-best Manning to play quarterback at Ole Miss.

I was told there would be no math.

#GDIJD
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh