Bill Simmons Ringer All Patriots Mailbag, GRRRRRRRR lol

Discuss the columns here!

Bill Simmons Ringer All Patriots Mailbag, GRRRRRRRR lol

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jan 2017, 09:59

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-new- ... .d605tpc2u

Balls, DTF, ctz31, start your labias!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: Bill Simmons Ringer All Patriots Mailbag, GRRRRRRRR lol

Postby ctz31 » 27 Jan 2017, 10:07

Gregs Kite wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-new-england-patriots-mailbag-nfl-playoffs-29d48d856372#.d605tpc2u

I don't read simmons crap anymore. I'll read DTF's breakdown.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 27 Jan 2017, 10:08

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-new-england-patriots-mailbag-nfl-playoffs-29d48d856372#.d605tpc2u

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Theny » 27 Jan 2017, 10:11

I tried. Unreadable.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jan 2017, 10:11

ctz31 wrote:

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 27 Jan 2017, 10:19

Showed way too much respect for my Falcons. And clearly, this is the best moment in Atlanta Sports History...

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jan 2017, 13:44

This column is terrific. He still has his fastball.

Will we ever see another QB and coach last for two decades together? (“Not if I can help it,” mutters Aaron Rodgers.)

And last week, Bill insinuated that the whole Aaron Rodgers family drama was caused by them, not him or his whore girlfriend.

What I am saying is that Bill had a side conversation with Rodgers after the taping of his failed HBO show Any Given Wednesday, but he refuses to actually report any real information. He chooses to make insidery snide remarks.

Great job again, Bill.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Jew Jitsu » 29 Jan 2017, 14:18

Mods please merge this with the Cramp Counter, thanks.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2017, 14:50

I couldn't even do a breakdown of this. It was just so...nothing. Who's your 36 1/2th favorite Patriot of all time, Bill? Would you trade Tom Brady's socks for two more seasons of White Shadow?

That said, a couple three things:

- This Falcons team is better than the '01 Rams or the '15 Seahawks??? I get that after SB 42, he never wants to be lulled into a false sense of security, and I'm certainly no expert on football, but to me, that seemed like a huge stretch to me.

- The Rollerball analogy is 100% wrong. The NFL has changed the rules to become LESS violent, thereby allowing Tom Brady to play into his late 30's. Under the old rules, he'd be in a wheelchair by now.

- And I'll say it one more goddamn time. There is no NFL-wide conspiracy against the Patriots. There is a perception that the NFL went easy on the Patriots in 2007 because they were too invested in the perfect season storyline, so they came down hard on them several years later as a make-up call. That's all there is to it. If you actually believe that Roger Goodell is personally instructing referees to make bad calls against the Patriots to prevent them from winning, then you're a mouthbreather and should be shunned from polite society.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 29 Jan 2017, 16:10

Dthefritz wrote:I couldn't even do a breakdown of this. It was just so...nothing. Who's your 36 1/2th favorite Patriot of all time, Bill? Would you trade Tom Brady's socks for two more seasons of White Shadow?

- This Falcons team is better than the '01 Rams or the '15 Seahawks??? I get that after SB 42, he never wants to be lulled into a false sense of security, and I'm certainly no expert on football, but to me, that seemed like a huge stretch to me.

- The Rollerball analogy is 100% wrong. The NFL has changed the rules to become LESS violent, thereby allowing Tom Brady to play into his late 30's. Under the old rules, he'd be in a wheelchair by now.

- And I'll say it one more goddamn time. There is no NFL-wide conspiracy against the Patriots. There is a perception that the NFL went easy on the Patriots in 2007 because they were too invested in the perfect season storyline, so they came down hard on them several years later as a make-up call. That's all there is to it. If you actually believe that Roger Goodell is personally instructing referees to make bad calls against the Patriots to prevent them from winning, then you're a mouthbreather and should be shunned from polite society.

What is this polite society that you speak of?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Jan 2017, 01:29

Dthefritz wrote:I couldn't even do a breakdown of this. It was just so...nothing. Who's your 36 1/2th favorite Patriot of all time, Bill? Would you trade Tom Brady's socks for two more seasons of White Shadow?

I feel something coming along...I really do. Hold on.................

IN FAIRNESS, I think his point was he was more confident in the 2001 Patriots over the 2001 Rams and 2014 Patriots over 2014 Seahawks than that he was saying 2016 Falcons > 2001 Rams and 2014 Seahawks. Granted, I'm a pessimistic Falcon fan, but Atlanta did have a tough schedule and did just eviscerate the NFC through the playoffs (something the 2001 Rams and 2014 Seahawks didn't do). I do think he was trying to keep from sounding overconfident and using the 1990s and 2000s Braves foibles as the obvious reason the Pats would win (HI KITE!), but I CAN see thinking the 2016 Patriots might struggle with the 2016 Falcons.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Jan 2017, 09:07

JichaelDick wrote:

IN FAIRNESS, I think his point was he was more confident in the 2001 Patriots over the 2001 Rams and 2014 Patriots over 2014 Seahawks than that he was saying 2016 Falcons > 2001 Rams and 2014 Seahawks. Granted, I'm a pessimistic Falcon fan, but Atlanta did have a tough schedule and did just eviscerate the NFC through the playoffs (something the 2001 Rams and 2014 Seahawks didn't do). I do think he was trying to keep from sounding overconfident and using the 1990s and 2000s Braves foibles as the obvious reason the Pats would win (HI KITE!), but I CAN see thinking the 2016 Patriots might struggle with the 2016 Falcons.

There is no way he can truthfully say he was more confident of the 01 Pats over the 01 Rams.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Jan 2017, 09:10

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

There is no way he can truthfully say he was more confident of the 01 Pats over the 01 Rams.

I was happy as shit just to be there in 01 because I just discovered this football team and they were so fun and Brady is dreamy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 30 Jan 2017, 09:45

Gregs Kite wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

I was happy as shit just to be there in 01 because I just discovered this football team and they were so fun and Brady is dreamy!

We know.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Jan 2017, 09:47

JichaelDick wrote:

That was almost certainly hindsight, but I do seem to remember Simpson being cautiously optimistic about New England's chances.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh