Make Mailbags Great Again 1/20/17

Discuss the columns here!

Make Mailbags Great Again 1/20/17

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Jan 2017, 13:28

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Make Mailbags Great Again 1/20/17

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Jan 2017, 13:51

And Joe Montana–Elway looks stupendous on paper, but poor Elway was Westbrooking a mediocre Broncos team (their best skill guys: Bobby Humphrey, Vance Johnson, and Mark Jackson!) and snuck into the Super Bowl only because of Earnest Byner’s tragic last-minute fumble in Cleveland. They couldn’t make that Niners-Broncos spread high enough; it settled at 13 and Montana still covered it with 32 points to spare.

For a top 1% NFL fan, you'd think he'd know Denver pretty solidly whipped Cleveland to win the 1989 AFC Championship before the 55-10 clubbering. The Byner fumble preceded the Doug Williams Super Bowl.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby PhillyJim76 » 20 Jan 2017, 13:54

That was my president. Go fuck yourself Simmons
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 20 Jan 2017, 13:55

JichaelDick wrote:
And Joe Montana–Elway looks stupendous on paper, but poor Elway was Westbrooking a mediocre Broncos team (their best skill guys: Bobby Humphrey, Vance Johnson, and Mark Jackson!) and snuck into the Super Bowl only because of Earnest Byner’s tragic last-minute fumble in Cleveland. They couldn’t make that Niners-Broncos spread high enough; it settled at 13 and Montana still covered it with 32 points to spare.

For a top 1% NFL fan, you'd think he'd know Denver pretty solidly whipped Cleveland to win the 1989 AFC Championship before the 55-10 clubbering. The Byner fumble preceded the Doug Williams Super Bowl.

Correct, and if he did have the year right, the Byner fumble was in Denver to boot.
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Jan 2017, 14:01

Seahawks XL Champs wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

Correct, and if he did have the year right, the Byner fumble was in Denver to boot.

That's right. Jeez, I was one and I know that.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 20 Jan 2017, 14:32

JichaelDick wrote:
Seahawks XL Champs wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

That's right. Jeez, I was one and I know that.

If Byner doesn't fumble, it only ties the game and the Broncos have a chance to score before OT.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Jan 2017, 15:40

Q: Given the ‘Hail Mary’ the week before and ‘The Throw’ this week, you’ve probably got a stack of mailbag responses the size of puffy Brendan Fraser about Aaron Rodgers. But here is one more. Has he entered the ‘Curry Zone’? For example, you’re not near a TV and get a text from Sal that simply reads, “AARON FUCKING RODGERS!” Is there anything that doesn’t enter your mind? Did he throw another Hail Mary? Did he make a roll out throw, running full speed to avoid a defender and place it on a dime to his receiver 54-yards away? Did he trip over the guard at the snap and throw a touchdown while sitting on his ass? It’s all in play until Twitter can give you the answer to what just happened!
 — Kelly, Louisville

(Getty Images)
BS: Great point and that’s actually a fun list — football stars who would have inspired an all-caps text with an F-bomb as their middle name, followed by the recipient juggling about 20 different possible scenarios. Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Gronk, Odell Beckham (it’s true), Lawrence Taylor (on and off the field), maybe that one crazy Devin Hester year … it’s not a long list. Rodgers and Michael Vick are the only two quarterbacks on it. (Unless you want to count every Cleveland QB since 1999, for different reasons.)

TOM FUCKING BRADY
-completed a 6 yard crossing pattern to Edelman. SAVAGE
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby PhillyJim76 » 20 Jan 2017, 15:45

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Q: Given the ‘Hail Mary’ the week before and ‘The Throw’ this week, you’ve probably got a stack of mailbag responses the size of puffy Brendan Fraser about Aaron Rodgers. But here is one more. Has he entered the ‘Curry Zone’? For example, you’re not near a TV and get a text from Sal that simply reads, “AARON FUCKING RODGERS!” Is there anything that doesn’t enter your mind? Did he throw another Hail Mary? Did he make a roll out throw, running full speed to avoid a defender and place it on a dime to his receiver 54-yards away? Did he trip over the guard at the snap and throw a touchdown while sitting on his ass? It’s all in play until Twitter can give you the answer to what just happened!
 — Kelly, Louisville

(Getty Images)
BS: Great point and that’s actually a fun list — football stars who would have inspired an all-caps text with an F-bomb as their middle name, followed by the recipient juggling about 20 different possible scenarios. Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Gronk, Odell Beckham (it’s true), Lawrence Taylor (on and off the field), maybe that one crazy Devin Hester year … it’s not a long list. Rodgers and Michael Vick are the only two quarterbacks on it. (Unless you want to count every Cleveland QB since 1999, for different reasons.)

TOM FUCKING BRADY

.....on a "rub" play
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby ctz31 » 20 Jan 2017, 15:54

PhillyJim76 wrote:
 — Kelly, Louisville

(Getty Images)

TOM FUCKING BRADY

.....on a "rub" play

Against a defensive formation they watched on video from a practice earlier in the week. Do what you got to to win.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Jan 2017, 15:58

ctz31 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
 — Kelly, Louisville

(Getty Images)

TOM FUCKING BRADY

.....on a "rub" play

Against a defensive formation they watched on video from a practice earlier in the week. Do what you got to to win.

So...you guys are mad that he didn't put Brady on or ...?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Jan 2017, 16:11

 — Kelly, Louisville

What....the fuck. That is so insanely stupid. There's only two quarterbacks on an arbitrary list that has Odell Beckham (it's true) and not Terrell Owens or even JJ Watt or Jadeveon Clowney or I dunno ANYONE BECAUSE YOU CAN FUCKING DO THAT WITH ANYBODY. RANDALL FUCKING CUNNINGHAM! ORLANDO FUCKING PACE! DERRICK FUCKING THOMAS!

What the hell is the Curry Zone?

All of this. All of it.

Brett Fucking Favre, fuck you Bill.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Jan 2017, 07:32

MisterTambourineMan wrote:What the hell is the Curry Zone?

the shitty sadness bubble in which i reside?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 23 Jan 2017, 07:44

Rodney Farva wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:What the hell is the Curry Zone?

the shitty sadness bubble in which i reside?

Swish.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh