Bill Did a Mailbag 1/13/17

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Bill Did a Mailbag 1/13/17

Postby TheWolf » 17 Jan 2017, 00:02

Jew Jitsu wrote:I skimmed this column on Friday and it was awful, was ready to post something in here but Fritz broke it down in a way I never could, so kudos to him. Jesus christ is this dude trash now. I mean look at this: in one paragraph he says

Dean Spanos opted against funding his own San Diego stadium because it would have been a suicidal business move. By contrast, Stan Kroenke wanted to build his own Los Angeles football stadium because it was a fantastic business move.

and literally in the next question he says

Juggling two NFL franchises is flat-out ridiculous. Why didn’t Spanos use that $650 million to renovate the old Chargers stadium and keep his own market? I will never understand this one.

Dong, does Tate proof read these things?

I noticed those 2 paragraphs when I read it too. Just awful.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Re: Bill Did a Mailbag 1/13/17

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 17 Jan 2017, 00:36

Jew Jitsu wrote:I skimmed this column on Friday and it was awful, was ready to post something in here but Fritz broke it down in a way I never could, so kudos to him. Jesus christ is this dude trash now. I mean look at this: in one paragraph he says

Dean Spanos opted against funding his own San Diego stadium because it would have been a suicidal business move. By contrast, Stan Kroenke wanted to build his own Los Angeles football stadium because it was a fantastic business move.

and literally in the next question he says

Juggling two NFL franchises is flat-out ridiculous. Why didn’t Spanos use that $650 million to renovate the old Chargers stadium and keep his own market? I will never understand this one.

Dong, does Tate proof read these things?

I think it's bad logic, but I read it over and over thinking the same thing. I guess he's claiming that renovating QUALCOMM (spelling not sure of) would have been better than either building a new stadium in San Diego or moving. Why renovating would be better than building new, assuming he's only spending the same 650M, is beyond me.
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh