Simbo Previews Round 1

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Simbo Previews Round 1

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2017, 10:51

Gregs Kite wrote:Since you seem to be the authority on proper fan reaction and emotion, what is the cut off for complaining about losing a perfect NFL season to a derpy, huck it and hope play?

Look, I'm not Billy from Quinzee spouting a bunch of arbitrary horseshit rules for all people to live by. I can only go from my own experience, whereby I root for a team that has won five world championships in my lifetime, and I don't complain about all the other times they almost won. It's not because I'm afraid of looking like a sniveling, self-involved cock, but because I actually don't care anymore.

TheWolf wrote:My only real takeaway was one of dtf's points: he seems to think football is a one-on-one game and that simply analyzing QBs (mostly based on fake stats that he and/or his readers made up with minimal thought) is enough to figure out what's going to happen in these games.

For as much shit as I give him about his NBA analysis, he is clearly a pretty knowledgeable NBA fan who's either too stupid or too lazy to write columns that convert that knowledge into anything useful. But he doesn't know a fucking thing about the NFL. It would be embarrassing even for somebody who doesn't claim to be a gambling prodigy on a 15 year streak of fluky bad luck.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Jan 2017, 11:39

Sorry for enjoying sports. :beatsme:
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 09 Jan 2017, 09:28

Um, I didn't read the article. But he's kind of right about the quarterback meaning everything. Except in New england where its all belechick. Obv its not 100%, but I'll allow 75%. If I could get one decent qb on my team....ever, i'd be happy. Also homerun forward lateral still sticks in my craw, but as far as the last ten years i'd say i'm annoyed about stupid losses for a few days.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Jew Jitsu » 10 Jan 2017, 09:54

Dthefritz wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:My only real takeaway was one of dtf's points: he seems to think football is a one-on-one game and that simply analyzing QBs (mostly based on fake stats that he and/or his readers made up with minimal thought) is enough to figure out what's going to happen in these games.

For as much shit as I give him about his NBA analysis, he is clearly a pretty knowledgeable NBA fan who's either too stupid or too lazy to write columns that convert that knowledge into anything useful. But he doesn't know a fucking thing about the NFL. It would be embarrassing even for somebody who doesn't claim to be a gambling prodigy on a 15 year streak of fluky bad luck.

No, he's not a pretty knowledgeable fan of the nba. Guy is atrocious and I'm not even talking about his player evaluation skills (rondo for Westbrook who says no). I'm talking basic nba shit he simply ignores because his favorite coach in a totally unrelated sports would chose to do them differently. Like when he roasted Sacramento for taking WCS and not Mudiay since Mudisay had more value and Sacramento should've traded down etc. stuff that works in the nfl because there's a lot of good draft picks to be had and not the nba where there's a handful of impact players in any given year at best. To trade down and potentially miss on your favorite player just to gather a back up point or some 2nd rounders is pretty fucking dumb and Simpson has these suggestions all the time.
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Jan 2017, 09:57

ctz31 wrote:Um, I didn't read the article. But he's kind of right about the quarterback meaning everything. Except in New england where its all belechick. Obv its not 100%, but I'll allow 75%. If I could get one decent qb on my team....ever, i'd be happy. Also homerun forward lateral still sticks in my craw, but as far as the last ten years i'd say i'm annoyed about stupid losses for a few days.

You pussy. You need to get over that as soon as the final whistle blows, maybe light the pellet stove, and sit and read a quiet book by candlelight until dawn.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 10 Jan 2017, 10:11

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:Um, I didn't read the article. But he's kind of right about the quarterback meaning everything. Except in New england where its all belechick. Obv its not 100%, but I'll allow 75%. If I could get one decent qb on my team....ever, i'd be happy. Also homerun forward lateral still sticks in my craw, but as far as the last ten years i'd say i'm annoyed about stupid losses for a few days.

You pussy. You need to get over that as soon as the final whistle blows, maybe light the pellet stove, and sit and read a quiet book by candlelight until dawn.

At least 31 got an "excuse". Dude spends thousands on bills tickets each year, what's yours? The pats loss interfered with your preferred Sunday afternoon entertainment: shooting empty beer cans with the shotty?
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Jan 2017, 10:26

The Giants aren’t just (a little) better than Green Bay, they’re specifically built to play in cold weather and stifle this goofy Rodgers offense. 16–13, ugly, disjointed … dammit. I’m picking the Giants to cover 4.5 points and maybe even win.

(And if I’m wrong? Fuck ’em. Enjoy the Simmons Stink.)

Haha, oh well Bill! There's always next week.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 10 Jan 2017, 11:37

So I never agree with Bill, but I sort of do on the bye week thing. Teams pretty much do get a "free win" if they don't have to play in the WC week, and I don't see an issue with crediting it to the QB in the arbitrary list of "QB playoff games won."
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Postby Incogneetus69 » 10 Jan 2017, 15:53

Then you have to give wins to quarterbacks like romo and like matt Ryan and the majority of his NFL shtick is laughing at 75% of the leagues quarterbacks for being stupid shitheads.

Haha Andy dalton what a shithead. Demarcus cousins what a champ come home to Boston
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Incogneetus69 » 10 Jan 2017, 15:56

Forgive the dp but yea his NFL schtick is gambling theories-questioning conventional wisdom-shitty qbs and coaches- and hating roger goodell for im still not entirely sure what.

His nBA shtick seems way more pure. Player evaluation-roster tinkering-ranking and slotting everything-chemistry and body language.

The guys a millionaire covering sports he wouldn't watch if it wasn't his job. so who's the asshole here me that's who
Last edited by Incogneetus69 on 10 Jan 2017, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Incogneetus69

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Jan 2017, 15:57

I fucking love you.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Incogneetus69 » 10 Jan 2017, 16:18

Thanks
Incogneetus69

Postby Dthefritz » 10 Jan 2017, 22:27

JJ- I was grading his NBA knowledge on a curve relative to his NFL knowledge. Obviously he is a complete idiot about the personnel, business or management side of the NBA. You certainly don't need to convince me of that. But if he were writing a playoff preview about the NBA, he might actually drop some useful knowledge about players, matchups, etc. before the whole thing inevitably turns into a giant trainwreck of meaningless narratives and him pontificating on his own horseshit lists and "theories".

CTZ - If your point is that Tom Brady, 0 for 3 in the playoffs against Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez, is therefore an inferior QB to both, then I agree with your point. Good looking out.

Incog - Couldn't have said it any better myself. Kudos.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Incogneetus69 » 10 Jan 2017, 22:38

Thanks
Incogneetus69

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh