Simbo Previews Round 1

Discuss the columns here!

Simbo Previews Round 1

Postby Rufus » 06 Jan 2017, 15:43

Rufus
Wiffle Ball King

Re: Simbo Previews Round 1

Postby Goose » 06 Jan 2017, 16:18

Rufus wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-guide-to-wild-card-weekend-nfl-playoffs-207539e78d1d

I'm pretty sure this thing was written with some kind of SportsGuy/Google translate program. It's a story about the first weekend of the NFL playoffs, so of course the first paragraph is about the NBA and the first team named is the Patriots, who don't play this weekend. I tried to read this garbage and only made it partly through #5.

I need a breakdown with highlights, I can't do this on my own. This is why I miss DtF.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gaylord2 » 06 Jan 2017, 17:04

Goose wrote:
Rufus wrote:https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-guide-to-wild-card-weekend-nfl-playoffs-207539e78d1d

I'm pretty sure this thing was written with some kind of SportsGuy/Google translate program. It's a story about the first weekend of the NFL playoffs, so of course the first paragraph is about the NBA and the first team named is the Patriots, who don't play this weekend. I tried to read this garbage and only made it partly through #5.

I need a breakdown with highlights, I can't do this on my own. This is why I miss DtF.

I skimmed it, he raved about Rapelisberger for about 5 paragraphs, and didn't even mention all his rapes. When did he become a fan of Rapey, did he have him as a guest on his terrible TV show or something?

He also came up with a bizzare made-up stat to give Tom Brady extra playoff wins. It was classic Simpson.
Gaylord2
Farva's Driver

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Jan 2017, 20:02

Gaylord2 wrote:
Goose wrote:

I skimmed it, he raved about Rapelisberger for about 5 paragraphs, and didn't even mention all his rapes. When did he become a fan of Rapey, did he have him as a guest on his terrible TV show or something?

He also came up with a bizzare made-up stat to give Tom Brady extra playoff wins. It was classic Simpson.

Hey guys, Hey.

1 - the Rapelisberger thing is easy: If he admits that one QB's playoff record is in large part due to the great defenses he's had, then, well, you know...He is stuck with the mythos of that fatheaded imbecile whether he likes it or not. Manning's playoff numbers blow the shit out of "Ben"'s, but you know, numbers are for glasses-wearing faggots who never played in the NFL like Simbo did.

2 - He doesn't even pretend to understand anything about the NFL other than who the QB's are and whether or not they have won playoff games in the past. Honestly, this dude mocks people like Schlereth, but his analysis is LITERALLY [note: actually literally] more worthless than theirs. At least those guys are willing to discuss esoteric concepts like, you know, skill position players, offensive linemen, anybody who plays on the other side of the ball. Fuck.

3 - None of you are going to give him shit for whining about Super Bowl 42 TEN FUCKING YEARS LATER????? It boggles my mind that anybody from Boston would even consider defending this guy for fear of association with his self-pitying fucknuttery. I hope his air conditioning breaks down on the hottest day of the year.

4 -
Couldn’t you see Seattle destroying Detroit, followed by a week of “Lemme tell ya something, guys, I think the Seahawks can go into Atlanta and win” conversations on every sports show with a white guy and a black guy trading loud monologues with an attractive woman sitting between them?

Boy, that is some top-notch media criticism right there. Watch your back PFTC!

5 -
One of my obsessions over the years: for anyone who excels at quarterback, what’s the ratio of talent versus intangibles like charisma, work ethic, smarts and competitiveness? Drew Brees told me on a 2014 podcast that he believed it was 80/20 … with the 20 being talent.

How fucking dumb is this guy: "Hey famous athlete, are you awesome because you were born with physical capabilities that are beyond what 99% of the population could only hope to imagine possessing? Or are you awesome because you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and figured out a unique and revolutionary way to sautee broccoli on gameday?"
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Jan 2017, 22:56

Since you seem to be the authority on proper fan reaction and emotion, what is the cut off for complaining about losing a perfect NFL season to a derpy, huck it and hope play?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby babylurch » 07 Jan 2017, 07:39

Gregs Kite wrote:Since you seem to be the authority on proper fan reaction and emotion, what is the cut off for complaining about losing a perfect NFL season to a derpy, huck it and hope play?

For an adult, about a day and a half.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby TheWolf » 07 Jan 2017, 16:30

Simmons wrote:Definitely a 9 and maybe even a 9.5

#nnf

My only real takeaway was one of dtf's points: he seems to think football is a one-on-one game and that simply analyzing QBs (mostly based on fake stats that he and/or his readers made up with minimal thought) is enough to figure out what's going to happen in these games.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 07 Jan 2017, 17:40

babylurch wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Since you seem to be the authority on proper fan reaction and emotion, what is the cut off for complaining about losing a perfect NFL season to a derpy, huck it and hope play?

A well-adjusted adult would be over it before he woke up the next morning.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Jan 2017, 17:49

the cheese wrote:
babylurch wrote:

Thanks. Both answers are highly applicable to the people on this board.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 07 Jan 2017, 18:30

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
babylurch wrote:

Get over it already, idiot! /Seahawks XL Champs
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Jew Jitsu » 07 Jan 2017, 18:48

I'm over a Browns loss by mid 2nd quarter.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 07 Jan 2017, 19:01

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
babylurch wrote:

Audible chuckle from this one.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 07 Jan 2017, 19:21

Jew Jitsu wrote:I'm over a Browns loss by mid 2nd quarter.

I lidged at this.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Jan 2017, 20:07

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
babylurch wrote:

Audible chuckle from this one.

TY

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 07 Jan 2017, 22:40

I am still bitter from the fiesta bowl from 15 years ago. I'll allow it kite.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh