Bill Simmons Cramp Counter

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Bill Simmons Cramp Counter

Postby Theny » 14 Jul 2016, 09:45

2001 Canes would've smoked those usc teams. Come on now.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Jul 2016, 09:50

Theny wrote:2001 Canes would've smoked those usc teams. Come on now.

Different eras. Cant compare.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Jul 2016, 10:39

Theny wrote:2001 Canes would've smoked those usc teams. Come on now.

I don't disagree, but the point is, those two teams had remarkably similar resumes, so USC wasn't some unprecedented deal, and Ken Dorset never did make it as a pro
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Jul 2016, 17:37

Jesus, this dude just won't quit.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
One of multiple ESPN employees used by the NFL to leak anti-Brady info during this saga decides to weigh in. https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/statu ... 7599639553

Yeah, you tell em Billy! People with real integrity only act as mouthpieces for the Celtics front office! Or pat riley because he was nice to KG that one time.

FYI - DeflateGate stopped being about Brady a few months ago. It's now about Goodell legally protecting his power to do whatever he wants.

Nice try. This is the Clive bundy technique: if you don't help me resolve this dispute over cattle grazing, you'll be on the first train to auschwitz!

It's the NFLPA's fault b/c in the last CBA, they gave Goodell the power to do whatever the F he wants... Legally they can't do anything now.

I thought the NFL PA had no negotiating leverage because the players are too black to manage their finances properly and couldn't survive a prolonged lockout?

Goodell could have suspended Brady for 5 seasons / we'd be in the same place right now. NFLPA gave him the power to do whatever he wants.

Bill Simmons
8h8 hours ago
Nobody cares b/c the DeflateGate story is too dense and nobody has the time to follow it... But that's what DeflateGate is now.

Way to stumble over the point. No one cares cause 4 games for brady, while too much for an equipment violation, is not going to alter the trajectory of the Pats franchise. They'll probably still win the division. If he suspended brady for an entire season, it would affect the competitive balance of the league.

What a fucking turd.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Jul 2016, 19:17

Dthefritz wrote:Jesus, this dude just won't quit.

One of multiple ESPN employees used by the NFL to leak anti-Brady info during this saga decides to weigh in. https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/statu ... 7599639553

Yeah, you tell em Billy! People with real integrity only act as mouthpieces for the Celtics front office! Or pat riley because he was nice to KG that one time.

Hang on, hang on. What has he said that would qualify as the "mouthpiece" of the Celtics? Does he have sources in the Celtic organization that feed him information that he reports, a la Stephen A with the NFL?

Since when are we holding Simmons to his integrity? He is, and always has been, a homer writer. He's not investigating war crimes in the Congo, for chrissakes.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby babylurch » 14 Jul 2016, 20:45

Gregs Kite wrote:

Hang on, hang on. What has he said that would qualify as the "mouthpiece" of the Celtics? Does he have sources in the Celtic organization that feed him information that he reports, a la Stephen A with the NFL?

Since when are we holding Simmons to his integrity? He is, and always has been, a homer writer. He's not investigating war crimes in the Congo, for chrissakes.[/quote]
And ESPN is?
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Jul 2016, 20:45

Gregs Kite wrote:Hang on, hang on. What has he said that would qualify as the "mouthpiece" of the Celtics? Does he have sources in the Celtic organization that feed him information that he reports, a la Stephen A with the NFL?

I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure he does. He says a lot of things that sound like they were fed to him by the Celtics people. I'm not going to do a full-fledged investigation, but two things come to mind

1) His assertion, years after the 2007 draft, that he "knows for a fact" Boston would have taken Durant over Oden had they landed the #1 pick. Who knows, it might be true, but the timing is very suspicious.
2) His whole take on Rivers leaving. Most people covering the situation said that it was just as much the Celtics not wanting to pay $7 mil a year to Doc to coach a lottery team, as it was Doc not wanting to stick around for a rebuild. Most people took the time to get both sides of the story so as not to look like assclowns. Of course, the organization would want to spin it as "DAWK QUIT ON US" so their fans wouldn't blame the front office for blowing up the team and instead would act like Doc was the one who unilaterally took the pin out of the grenade. Once Bill had that, and not liking Doc Rivers already, he just went to town.

Gregs Kite wrote:Since when are we holding Simmons to his integrity? He is, and always has been, a homer writer. He's not investigating war crimes in the Congo, for chrissakes.

Because he's a self-righteous asshat who passes himself off as fucking Woodward and Bernstein in blowing the lid off Roger Goodell, never mind that everybody in the world already thinks he's a piece of shit and for much better reasons than suspending Tom Brady. Because even under the "entertainment" test, it's not entertaining to hear him spew Celtics jerk-off fan fiction if you yourself do not root for the Celtics.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BigJohnStudd » 15 Jul 2016, 18:03

Gregs Kite wrote:

Since when are we holding Simmons to his integrity? He is, and always has been, a homer writer. He's not investigating war crimes in the Congo, for chrissakes.

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 Jul 2016, 18:30

It's finally over. Tom Brady admitted that he's a cheater. Nothing more to discuss, please lock this thread, I'm sure Simmons said what he had to say on today's podcast and this is it.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 16 Jul 2016, 04:27

Gregs Kite wrote:

If anyone could compare the interference of Western powers in the overthrow & subsequent execution of Patrice Lumumba to the DEA's extrajudicial action in Brazil in Fast Five, it's Bill Simmons.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Incogneetus69 » 11 Aug 2016, 01:13

Sep 24, 2010 - Bill Simmons makes his picks for Week 3 of the NFL season and ... EDDIE MURPHY'S SNL CAREER (-8.5) over Jay Pharoah's SNL Career ... I wish I could buy Jay Pharoah stock.
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Aug 2016, 06:38

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

If anyone could compare the interference of Western powers in the overthrow & subsequent execution of Patrice Lumumba to the DEA's extrajudicial action in Brazil in Fast Five, it's Bill Simmons.

Hang on, hang on, Fast Five came out in 2011. I was told by smarty van der snarkenmeisters than Simmons is a tired, formulaic hack who is utterly incapable of discussing any popular culture past 1996.

Incogneetus69 wrote:Sep 24, 2010 - Bill Simmons makes his picks for Week 3 of the NFL season and ... EDDIE MURPHY'S SNL CAREER (-8.5) over Jay Pharoah's SNL Career ... I wish I could buy Jay Pharoah stock.

Nice pick, Billy Stupidface. LOL.
You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 11 Aug 2016, 07:53

Gregs Kite wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Hang on, hang on, Fast Five came out in 2011. I was told by smarty van der snarkenmeisters than Simmons is a tired, formulaic hack who is utterly incapable of discussing any popular culture past 1996.

Incogneetus69 wrote:Sep 24, 2010 - Bill Simmons makes his picks for Week 3 of the NFL season and ... EDDIE MURPHY'S SNL CAREER (-8.5) over Jay Pharoah's SNL Career ... I wish I could buy Jay Pharoah stock.

Nice pick, Billy Stupidface. LOL.

#contrariangreg
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Aug 2016, 23:48

Starting to feel a little 2004-ish. Poorly constructed team, poorly coached, weird chemistry. And KD looks just as unhappy as Duncan did.

We're struggling a bit, but K's coaching isn't the issue.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Aug 2016, 06:08

JichaelDick wrote:
Starting to feel a little 2004-ish. Poorly constructed team, poorly coached, weird chemistry. And KD looks just as unhappy as Duncan did.

We're struggling a bit, but K's coaching isn't the issue.

Then what is the issue? Asking for me, because I can't be bothered to watch.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh