2015 Trade Value: Part 1

Discuss the columns here!

Re: 2015 Trade Value: Part 1

Postby Theny » 18 Feb 2015, 12:55

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Theny wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Has part two ever been published? I can't wait to see him put Kyrie 20 spots behind some lame asses like Lillard or Wall

Yes. How dare Kyrie be listed behind guys who've actually made the playoffs!

Come on, give me a break. Kyrie's best side kick was Dion Waiters, give him a solid team with Beal, Nene, Gortat etc. or a stud like Aldridge and other great pieces and he would've made the second round and then some.

Agreed. Meaning that puts him in the same realm as dame and wall. I think they're all basically interchangeable.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Feb 2015, 22:52

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Theny wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
KingMTheFirst wrote:He covered it on the Grantland Basketball Hour. I don't know if he's planning to actually write it up. I hope so; I really like the trade value column.

If you are curious, I remember: (1) Davis (2) LeBron (3) Durant (4) Harden (5) Curry (6) Westbrook (7) Griffin (8) Wall (9) Paul (10) MGasol? (11) Klay (21) Wiggins. Kawhi, Pau, and Butler were somewhere in the teens.

I have brow on my fantasy team. I get the feeling he may end up being injury prone throughout his career. I'm keeping a close eye on this.

Agreed. I think people are getting a little carried away with him.

I too, agree. I think he's a potential injury risk. And also if he's soooo good, why are they not solidly in the play off picture. I mean come on bro(w). I see they're currently the 10 seed, 1 game over .500.

everybody forgets this, but basketball is a 5 on 5 team sport. Other than injuries, he's the best defensive player on the league, he can run and handle on the fast break, score in the post, has a beautiful j up to 18 feet and an all around great basketball iq. As much as people like Simmons are tards so ruin everything with overhype, Davis is the real deal. Also, being 10th in the west right now isn't so bad.

Two things that those same people never said about Kevin Love, right? Not snarking, legit question.

yeah, but love was a huge defensive liability and wasnt this far along at age 21. Also I repeatedly said he was massively overrated.

Yeah, I'm not trying to put Love into the same category as Davis.

It's just odd how basketball is a team game for one and not for the other and how Love not making the postseason was a huge mark against his character but Davis is a stud regardless.

It may be true that Davis is substantially better than Love but some of the logic being used is flawed.

love had 6 years to make the playoffs and never came close. If Davis replicates that then maybe you have a point.

And fuck off with holidays all star appearance in the same conference and position where Mo Williams slid by. Jrue is not one of the 15 best point guards in the league right now. They do not have a single above average starter other than davis, they'd win 18 game all year without him.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Feb 2015, 23:18

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Theny wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
KingMTheFirst wrote:He covered it on the Grantland Basketball Hour. I don't know if he's planning to actually write it up. I hope so; I really like the trade value column.

If you are curious, I remember: (1) Davis (2) LeBron (3) Durant (4) Harden (5) Curry (6) Westbrook (7) Griffin (8) Wall (9) Paul (10) MGasol? (11) Klay (21) Wiggins. Kawhi, Pau, and Butler were somewhere in the teens.

I have brow on my fantasy team. I get the feeling he may end up being injury prone throughout his career. I'm keeping a close eye on this.

Agreed. I think people are getting a little carried away with him.

I too, agree. I think he's a potential injury risk. And also if he's soooo good, why are they not solidly in the play off picture. I mean come on bro(w). I see they're currently the 10 seed, 1 game over .500.

everybody forgets this, but basketball is a 5 on 5 team sport. Other than injuries, he's the best defensive player on the league, he can run and handle on the fast break, score in the post, has a beautiful j up to 18 feet and an all around great basketball iq. As much as people like Simmons are tards so ruin everything with overhype, Davis is the real deal. Also, being 10th in the west right now isn't so bad.

Two things that those same people never said about Kevin Love, right? Not snarking, legit question.

yeah, but love was a huge defensive liability and wasnt this far along at age 21. Also I repeatedly said he was massively overrated.

Yeah, I'm not trying to put Love into the same category as Davis.

It's just odd how basketball is a team game for one and not for the other and how Love not making the postseason was a huge mark against his character but Davis is a stud regardless.

It may be true that Davis is substantially better than Love but some of the logic being used is flawed.

love had 6 years to make the playoffs and never came close. If Davis replicates that then maybe you have a point.

And fuck off with holidays all star appearance in the same conference and position where Mo Williams slid by. Jrue is not one of the 15 best point guards in the league right now. They do not have a single above average starter other than davis, they'd win 18 game all year without him.

Ha. Yeah. Sure.

MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Jew Jitsu » 19 Feb 2015, 12:30

Judging Love on making the playoffs in the west with the Wolves reminds me of that one saying with asking a fish to climb a tree and it thinking it is stupid etc. he's there to provide stats and be pouty, it's impossible to win in this day and age with a white american in a major role.

Lets just hope that by the time Wiggins matures, the stink of KG's era and all the losing will dissipate and not hang around like third hand smoke and sabotage Wiggins before he gets a fair chance.
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 19 Feb 2015, 12:52

Jew Jitsu wrote:Judging Love on making the playoffs in the west with the Wolves reminds me of that one saying with asking a fish to climb a tree and it thinking it is stupid etc. he's there to provide stats and be pouty, it's impossible to win in this day and age with a white american in a major role.

Lets just hope that by the time Wiggins matures, the stink of KG's era and all the losing will dissipate and not hang around like third hand smoke and sabotage Wiggins before he gets a fair chance.

I have no rebuttal.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Feb 2015, 12:12

@BillSimmons
Sources: A finished version of NBA Trade Value Part 2 was e-mailed to a few Grantland editors late last night.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Feb 2015, 12:13

Briandong79 wrote:
@BillSimmons
Sources: A finished version of NBA Trade Value Part 2 was e-mailed to a few Grantland editors late last night.

That'll come in handy. Teams are able to trade again when, as soon as the Finals are over?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Feb 2015, 12:14

Briandong79 wrote:
@BillSimmons

Passive-Aggressive much?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh