20 years since OJ

Discuss the columns here!

Re: 20 years since OJ

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jun 2014, 13:39

i only remember 9/11 out of those. i was studying in the library, was listening to howard stern on my headphones and they were talking about a plane hitting the world trade center but were still trying to figure out if it was a prank or an accident or whatever. Then some campus security guy came over the intercom and told us classes were canceled and they wheeled in a dusty tube tv on a cart so we could see what was going on. took a solid 5 minutes for me to come down from the "my exam is delayed!!" high and realize how fucked up everything was.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby JichaelDick » 11 Jun 2014, 13:42

I remember watching the OJ verdict in the library of my elementary school. 9/11 actually coincided with the only time I ever forgot to do my history homework. I was like you, Yokel, I was happy at first that because we were so transfixed to the TV that we weren't going to have to turn it in, but it changed about 20 seconds after I got in.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SDGuy » 11 Jun 2014, 13:45

Only one I remember where I was is 9/11. Freaks me out that half of my students next year won't have been alive for it.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby the cheese » 11 Jun 2014, 13:52

Magic - Don't remember where I was, remember my 2nd grade teacher talking about it the next day
OJ - OSU basketball camp in Stillwater, camp counselor wouldn't let us watch Singled Out so we were watching the game.
OKC Bombing - 1.8 miles away, the windows in Dr. Warren's classroom blew out during 1st period.
9/11 - Heard it over the radio in a bakery that is no longer in existence on Campus Corner while trying to run game on an ex-girlfriend after a physics discussion period.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 11 Jun 2014, 13:58

the cheese wrote:9/11 - Heard it over the radio in a bakery that is no longer in existence on Campus Corner while trying to run game on an ex-girlfriend after a physics discussion period.

At 9:00 a.m.???????
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 Jun 2014, 13:58

Only ones I remember:

first space shuttle blows up: at home sick from high school. fuckers interrupted the end of the Price Is Right to announce it.

OJ car chase: met some friends at a bar and saw the chase on TV

9/11: unemployed, woke up and noticed that FARK.com was loading slowly and then saw a link about a plane hitting the Towers and turned on the TV.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 11 Jun 2014, 14:06

JT99 wrote:
the cheese wrote:9/11 - Heard it over the radio in a bakery that is no longer in existence on Campus Corner while trying to run game on an ex-girlfriend after a physics discussion period.

Make hay while the pussy hair shines, as a great mind once said.

It was an 8:30 class that got out 20 minutes early. Asked the hot girl in the class to get coffee across the street. Boom. Plane hits the tower.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 11 Jun 2014, 14:14

the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Make hay while the pussy hair shines, as a great mind once said.

up top, bro ^5
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 11 Jun 2014, 14:29

Columbine-frosh HS Econ class
OJ verdict-6th grade science and I remember being happy because Nordberg made me laugh :/ ah to be young and ignorant, beats being old and ignorant
9/11- senior year, HS during AP Comp a student comes in to take our teacher's radio [ed note: wtf] and says the WTCs, White House, Capitol and Pentagon have been attacked, go to Spanish class and watch the replay of the towers getting hit and then the collapses live
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby nova » 11 Jun 2014, 14:44

OJ chase: watching the NBA on NBC

OJ verdict: 8th grade PE class. Dutifully taunted the white students, since I was the only nog in the class.

Columbine: 11th grade history class. It was really fucked up because my friend lived in the same town, but went to a different high school. At the time, they were just saying there was a shooting in Littleton, CO and I was worried.

9/11: sitting down in my 9:30 Anthropology class. Some dramatic hag runs in sobbing because she used to be a flight attendant, and ERMAGARD all of the planes were falling out of the sky. Eye roll. Then a couple of people come in, and say that planes hit the World Trade Center. Oh shit. A few minutes later, caught word that one flew into the Pentagon. Time to bounce. White's dad worked at the Pentagon, and not surprisingly, they couldn't get through to him. Fun times. I went to work if only because they would have to pay me if they sent me home vs. me leaving early. The next day, there were tracts left in the kitchen by the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 12 Jun 2014, 00:38

OJ Chase--watching the Knicks win game 5 of the 1994 Finals. As vets of the site know I was a HUGE P Ewing fan and they were THIS close. I was mad and figured anyone who wanted to watch OJ could switch the channel and NBC should have kept the game on.

OJ Verdict--3rd hour AP calculus Senior year of high school. Most kids went out to their cars to hear the verdict.

Columbine--interning for Dbacks had to help set up a moment of silence graphic.

9/11--moved back in with my parents for a few months and slept through it. Woke up and their cleaning lady was watching TV and I woke up and watched with her before she started cleaning again. Couldn't go to Minneapolis for a job interview because planes weren't running.

We really haven't had anything since.
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 12 Jun 2014, 04:52

I had just finished High School when the OJ trial kicked in to gear, so I was bumming around at my parents house watching the coverage on Entertainment Tonight & the American news. I loved it because at the time it was a novelty & seemed over-the top.

I was backpacking around Europe on 9/11, my #TravelBoner was rock hard & I was in Berlin when Mohammed Atta (R.I.P.) & co flew the planes into the towers. Everyone just sat at the bar smashing beers & watching it unfold on TV. The next day I had to fly back to London & as the only non EU citizen on the flight I was detained for extra questioning when I got back to the UK.

I remember where I was when they announced Princess Diana was, doe. My Dad & I were at the pub (Malabar RSL Club: http://www.malabarrsl.com.au/ ) getting ready to watch his beloved South Sydney play footy when they cut away from the match to go to live feeds of the “terrible tragedy”. The old man was so pissed off.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby TVF wannabe » 12 Jun 2014, 14:20

mj3528 wrote:
Seahawks XL Champs wrote:http://grantland.com/features/sports-guys-vault-remembering-the-o-j-trial/

And this is what drives me the most crazy about Bill--
If the trial happened in 2004 instead of 1995, Simpson and his gravity-defying noggin probably would be rotting away in prison right now

He really thinks he's an expert on everything. He gets the NBA, I get that. But Hollywood, gambling, trials, enough!! And yet I start most of his columns. Habit at this point.

In fairness to the sports guy, DNA evidence is more accepted by juries now and many legal experts have pointed that out.

I thought he explained the reasoning pretty well.

I still remember the sister's reaction, it's haunting.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Jun 2014, 14:26

The Dateline episode on the OJ trial last night was really, really good. I never realized that his attorneys arranged an interview with the LAPD, took OJ into the interview room, and then LEFT FOR LUNCH and allowed him to be interrogated.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Jun 2014, 14:28

Briandong79 wrote:The Dateline episode on the OJ trial last night was really, really good. I never realized that his attorneys arranged an interview with the LAPD, took OJ into the interview room, and then LEFT FOR LUNCH and allowed him to be interrogated.

Where did they go for lunch? Something Mexican?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh