20 years since OJ

Discuss the columns here!

Re: 20 years since OJ

Postby Maestro » 16 Jun 2014, 02:06

I was blissfully unaware of 911 until the next morning partly due to the time difference down under. I had to get up early for work and I don't read any newspapers in the morning or listen to the radio.

I was wearing the USA olympic t-shirt for no particular reason so when I saw some friends in the car park the first thing they asked was something like

Did you wear that on purpose?
Huh? :D
Didn't you hear?
What? :?
About planes crashing into the twin towers in NY!
No shit? :what: Was it an accident? :sad:
No
Oh shit! :evil:

It was such a rollercoaster of emoticons that I should write a screenplay.
The other events I don't recall due to to time difference again or just indifference. :|
Maestro
Grantland Editor

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 Jun 2014, 04:34

Magic Johnson announcement: was at work in NY, word leaked during the day, after work me and a co-worker skedaddled to his apt to watch it on TV.
OJ car chase: was driving from DC to visit my Dad outside of Philly, had the radio on news stations for traffic and heard all of it going on. Got to my dad's in time to watch the last 20 minutes or so. No recollection of the verdict, I think I saw it on tv but maybe not.
9/11: listening to Stern, about to pull into the building at work in DC when bababooey comes in to say a small plane had crashed into the WTC, then lost the signal when i drove down the garage ramp. Got up to office and everyone watching on tv. Went into a meeting, we were all trying to figure out what was going on, when someone comes in to say the Pentagon has been attacked and we all need to get out now. Drive home was usually 40 minutes, took almost 3 hours due to everyone fleeing, listening to the news on the radio while they were trying to figure out if there were more planes out there targeting White House, State Dept, etc.
No memory of when I learned of Colombine or the OKC bombing.

If we're talking about events that were more important for my generation, I was in 7th grade being a ballboy for a high school soccer game while the yankees and sox were having the one game playoff. someone had a radio on the sideline and the refs made every substitute tell them the score before they would let them in. big murmur went up when B.F. Dent hit his home run. I also remember sitting on a rock with the guys, complimenting Prez on his new loincloth, when Gork rubbed two sticks together and discovered fire. Now that was really something.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Prez » 16 Jun 2014, 06:48

Rodney Farva wrote: I also remember sitting on a rock with the guys, complimenting Prez on his new loincloth, when Gork rubbed two sticks together and discovered fire. Now that was really something.

Bastard.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Oct 2016, 02:15

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh