Apparently Ryan Reynolds isn't a Movie STAR!

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Apparently Ryan Reynolds isn't a Movie STAR!

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Jul 2011, 14:48

Tom Hanks, Movie STAR! made$13 mil at the BO this weekend in a movie he and Julia Roberts starred in proving once again that Simba's logic and parameters are infallible.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Jul 2011, 14:55

KSK is bored without Peter King to pick on, so they have turned their sites on this particular Simmons column:
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... ywood.html
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 05 Jul 2011, 15:08

Briandong79 wrote:KSK is bored without Peter King to pick on, so they have turned their sites on this particular Simmons column:

Drew's great at ripping Simmons.

Sidenote: Timberlake? Really? He's a movie star but Reynolds isn't? Alright, Billy.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Jul 2011, 15:15

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:KSK is bored without Peter King to pick on, so they have turned their sites on this particular Simmons column:

Sidenote: Timberlake? Really? He's a movie star but Reynolds isn't? Alright, Billy.

Well of course! He was like the #3 or 4 guy in The Social Network which made lots of money. Of course the lead for that movie is on Bill's list of not quite movie stars... It's best not to try to think about it.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Jul 2011, 17:47

\

Drew is generally great at ripping Simmons, but I didn't find this particularly impressive. And yes, Bill's analysis is wildly inconsistent, but to try to use Old School as an example of why Luke Wilson is actually a movie star...if there is a singular case of a lead actor being blown the fuck out of the water by his supporting cast it's that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Jul 2011, 18:04

Dthefritz wrote:\

Drew is generally great at ripping Simmons, but I didn't find this particularly impressive. And yes, Bill's analysis is wildly inconsistent, but to try to use Old School as an example of why Luke Wilson is actually a movie star...if there is a singular case of a lead actor being blown the fuck out of the water by his supporting cast it's that.

drew wrote:
simba wrote:I can’t remember watching a Reynolds movie and thinking it failed specifically because of him (you know, the opposite of how I feel during every Luke Wilson movie).

O HO HO!!!! Burrrrrned ya, Luke Wilson! Way to completely ruin movies like “Old School” and “Bottle Rocket,” which were actually good movies that you were perfectly fine in.

He wasn't saying Luke Wilson was a movie star, just that not every Luke Wilson movie failed AND failed specifically because of him. His examples: Old School which was/is hilarious, didn't fail/suck, and Luke Wilson was good in; Bottle Rocket which I've never seen but presume that again, it didn't suck/fail and he was ok to good in it.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Jul 2011, 18:28

Here's where we disagree. I didn't think Luke Wilson was good in Old School. He didn't submarine the movie, but didn't really make anything out of it either. I agree with his basic point, and I love Bottle Rocket, but no one is coming out of Old School quoting or imitating Luke Wilson.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby someguysomewhere » 05 Jul 2011, 18:29

Dthefritz wrote:Here's where we disagree. I didn't think Luke Wilson was good in Old School. He didn't submarine the movie, but didn't really make anything out of it either. I agree with his basic point, and I love Bottle Rocket, but no one is coming out of Old School quoting or imitating Luke Wilson.

This world needs straight men, Dtf.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Jul 2011, 18:42

someguysomewhere wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:Here's where we disagree. I didn't think Luke Wilson was good in Old School. He didn't submarine the movie, but didn't really make anything out of it either. I agree with his basic point, and I love Bottle Rocket, but no one is coming out of Old School quoting or imitating Luke Wilson.

True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Jul 2011, 19:00

someguysomewhere wrote:

Preferably straight men less annoying than Luke Wilson. I think he's better off playing a guy who's slightly unhinged (like in all the Wes Anderson movies). IMO, his value over replacement actor in Old School or Idiocracy is not very high, despite how much I enjoyed those movies.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby blackshack » 05 Jul 2011, 22:54

I seem to be in the minority but I actually thought this was one of his better columns. I thought he voiced some interesting ideas that I had never thought of, but for the most part, agree with.
blackshack
Poot

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Jul 2011, 12:34

blackshack wrote:I seem to be in the minority but I actually thought this was one of his better columns. I thought he voiced some interesting ideas that I had never thought of, but for the most part, agree with.

Boooooooo!!!

I liked the Drew breakdown. He should rip every Simmons column. That would bring me great joy.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby DNice » 07 Jul 2011, 20:16

Dthefritz wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:

Preferably straight men less annoying than Luke Wilson. I think he's better off playing a guy who's slightly unhinged (like in all the Wes Anderson movies). IMO, his value over replacement actor in Old School or Idiocracy is not very high, despite how much I enjoyed those movies.

I think DtF is Simmons. NBA expert and Simba apologist.
DNice
Another dude worth meeting

Postby nova » 07 Jul 2011, 20:18

DtF knows too much about the NBA to be Phil "OMZergs! Blake Griffin! Kevin Love! Rondo! The Secret! Dennis Johnson! Basketball Jesus" Simpson.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Jul 2011, 20:24

nasty nova wrote:DtF knows too much about the NBA to be Phil "OMZergs! Blake Griffin! Kevin Love! Rondo! The Secret! Dennis Johnson! Basketball Jesus" Simpson.

He does? disagree. He gets together every Thursday night with friends to make fun of Cheryl Miller and Craig Sager. Also, he (I think) didnt pick the Heat to do much in the East Playoffs(I DID).
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh