Columns? What Columns?

Discuss the columns here!

Columns? What Columns?

Postby Tecmo Bo » 26 Jan 2005, 16:31

Gee, it's nice to see that Simmons decided to show up for work this week, seeing as how all he has to do is sit on his couch watching sports and type on his laptop. Where's the column on the Pats/Steelers game?
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby jwill » 26 Jan 2005, 16:45

Well, I look forward to the columns as much as the next guy (or Tiff) but I would think that most of us would want to take an awfully long look in the mirror before we criticized anyone else's work ethic.
jwill
Reverend Lovejoy

Postby Big Scary Monster » 26 Jan 2005, 17:59

You forgot to mention that SG is probably working hard on that scruffy beard he is sporting in the dirt dogs pic.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby fiskyfiskstein » 26 Jan 2005, 20:01

Seriously, this re-running of old articles is getting ridiculous. Now we're looking at Thursday to HOPEFULLY get an article about a HUGE Pats game that happened on SUNDAY.

Hey, sometimes it's ok to throw stones. This is bogus.

He's not working for Kimmel anymore, maybe some sort of book going on.. but whatever.. three, four hours to bang out a pats article hardly seems like too much to ask.
'hey, if you don't know how to fly a plane, you've got no business doing it' - Ricky Kline, esq. Quoted re: thurman munson during a 'discussion' with a yankee fan.
fiskyfiskstein
Chuggo

Postby fiskyfiskstein » 26 Jan 2005, 20:06

oh, sorry, I forgot.. the CARTOON :? cause god knows, none of us can do without THAT. Ok... it's gotten better since week 1 (not hard to do)but come on... priorites!!!

don't forget what got you where you are, Billy Boy.

Columns? we don't need no stinkin' columns!
'hey, if you don't know how to fly a plane, you've got no business doing it' - Ricky Kline, esq. Quoted re: thurman munson during a 'discussion' with a yankee fan.
fiskyfiskstein
Chuggo

Postby jack_daniels » 26 Jan 2005, 20:16

He's busy with something that's for sure. Probably writing a book(definite possibility-if he does it most definitely would be something on Boston Sports) or writing a pilot or scripts.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Tecmo Bo » 26 Jan 2005, 21:25

I think if SG were working on a book, I would hope he'd say something about having another project on his plate, taking up time and hope the fans won't hold it against him.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 27 Jan 2005, 00:48

Guys, he's clearly working very hard to replace that crucial cog on his staff, the Intern.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 07:26

Snake wrote:Guys, he's clearly working very hard to replace that crucial cog on his staff, the Intern.

The only way I could see this happening is if he is trying to shit one out. A turd has about as much talent as the Intern did.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby fiskyfiskstein » 27 Jan 2005, 08:55

I'm pretty new to the boards but my Clouseau-like detection skills have picked up on some dislike for the (former) Intern.

He did grate, didn't he? Not sure why? Trying to hard to be SG Jr?
fiskyfiskstein
Chuggo

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 09:14

He was trying WAY too hard to be the new SG.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby fiskyfiskstein » 27 Jan 2005, 09:59

best name on the site.. and there are tons of hilarious ones...

'howaboutafrescahmmmm'

genius, amigo.
fiskyfiskstein
Chuggo

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 10:11

Why thank you its always nice to be appreciated
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Big Scary Monster » 27 Jan 2005, 14:24

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:He was trying WAY too hard to be the new SG.

That and he was always bitching about how poor he was. And his intros to the links pretty much sucked ass.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Adam Carolla » 27 Jan 2005, 17:13

Hey, weren't we supposed to get the rest of that Behind the Bench this week? Might've helped out the beginning of the week.
Adam Carolla
Another dude worth meeting

Location: Bringing this ice cream maker all the way from Bespin to pegs near you in 2009.

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh