The B.S. Report

Discuss the columns here!

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby JT99 » 26 Jan 2018, 11:18

chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Saoirse Ronan has my favorite voice/accent ever.

I seen her in that movie with the ginger guy from Black Mirror. Glad he's getting work.

I heard an interesting story about Ronan's dad. Him and a friend in Ireland were broke and ended up opening a male stripper act. I can't remember if it was a strip club or they just had an Irish version of the Chippendales that they booked out. Anyway, it caused a big stir in Ireland. The church was pissed, and the IRA ended up getting involved. Him and his buddy basically had to flee Ireland to keep the IRA from beating the crap out of them or worse, and that's how he ended up in America.

Apparently they've been shopping the story around, so maybe you'll see it as a movie one day.

So basically Full Monty?

31 knows what I mean
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby ctz31 » 26 Jan 2018, 11:21

JT99 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I seen her in that movie with the ginger guy from Black Mirror. Glad he's getting work.

I heard an interesting story about Ronan's dad. Him and a friend in Ireland were broke and ended up opening a male stripper act. I can't remember if it was a strip club or they just had an Irish version of the Chippendales that they booked out. Anyway, it caused a big stir in Ireland. The church was pissed, and the IRA ended up getting involved. Him and his buddy basically had to flee Ireland to keep the IRA from beating the crap out of them or worse, and that's how he ended up in America.

Apparently they've been shopping the story around, so maybe you'll see it as a movie one day.

So basically Full Monty?

31 knows what I mean

WELL ACTUALLY /bosux I don't. what is a full monty?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 26 Jan 2018, 11:23

ctz31 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

So basically Full Monty?

31 knows what I mean

It's a Gene's pick. Description from IMDB:

Six unemployed steel workers form a male striptease act. The women cheer them on to go for "the full monty" - total nudity.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 26 Jan 2018, 11:24

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

So basically Full Monty?

31 knows what I mean

It's a Gene's pick. Description from IMDB:

Six unemployed steel workers form a male striptease act. The women cheer them on to go for "the full monty" - total nudity.

ty. sounds hot. will not peruse.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Jew Jitsu » 26 Jan 2018, 11:47

Listened a bit to his pod with his cuckold buddy Jalen and they're picking all star teams as a bit. Our NBA boy genius ends up picking Derozen as third overall. What an idiot
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Jan 2018, 17:58

Jew Jitsu wrote:Listened a bit to his pod with his cuckold buddy Jalen and they're picking all star teams as a bit. Our NBA boy genius ends up picking Derozen as third overall. What an idiot

Also both specifically said that there was no way that LeBron would take Kyrie or Durant. Insiders.

Overall though I enjoyed the podcast. The Grantland Basketball Hour would have worked, damn it! They actually made a semi-valid point that it was sort of like The Jump, that is at least Twitter successful, but Rachel Nichols is infinitely more likable on TV than Bill.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Theny » 29 Jan 2018, 18:11

I assume Bill did not say that about Rachel.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Jan 2018, 18:20

Theny wrote:I assume Bill did not say that about Rachel.

No, Jalen made a comment about how good she is and Bill kind of gave an noncommital "yeah" or grunt or something.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Theny » 29 Jan 2018, 18:21

Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:I assume Bill did not say that about Rachel.

No, Jalen made a comment about how good she is and Bill kind of gave an noncommital "yeah" or grunt or something.

Haha perfect.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2018, 18:26

Briandong79 wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Listened a bit to his pod with his cuckold buddy Jalen and they're picking all star teams as a bit. Our NBA boy genius ends up picking Derozen as third overall. What an idiot

Also both specifically said that there was no way that LeBron would take Kyrie or Durant. Insiders.

Overall though I enjoyed the podcast. The Grantland Basketball Hour would have worked, damn it! They actually made a semi-valid point that it was sort of like The Jump, that is at least Twitter successful, but Rachel Nichols is infinitely more likable on TV than Bill.

So other than being hosted by an abrasive, unfunny idiot with no TV skills, this TV talk show was a brilliant idea.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Jew Jitsu » 29 Jan 2018, 19:37

Briandong79 wrote:

Yes, indeed!

Overall Jalen Rose is the worst type of adult to be around. Just one of those brown nosers that has no shame. How can anyone take anything that guy takes seriously? He exists to move up the ladder by sucking up to people more powerful than him.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Incogneetus69 » 29 Jan 2018, 19:40

I agree I don’t have any reason to dislike jalen Rose. He’s not said anything abbrasive or annoyed me really. But I promise you at the end of the day he is a cock sucker. He has skeletons
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2018, 20:17

Jew Jitsu wrote:[Overall Jalen Rose is the worst type of adult to be around. Just one of those brown nosers that has no shame. How can anyone take anything that guy takes seriously? He exists to move up the ladder by sucking up to people more powerful than him.

I mean, that's like 90% of people on TV. You're not wrong, though.

Incogneetus69 wrote:I agree I don’t have any reason to dislike jalen Rose. He’s not said anything abbrasive or annoyed me really. But I promise you at the end of the day he is a cock sucker. He has skeletons

To me, he seems more like the guy who wants you to think he has a crazy past, but didn't really do much other than grow up around some hood people and have some wild times in college/early 20s.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Incogneetus69 » 31 Jan 2018, 15:19

Bill is weirdly obsessed with his last name.
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Feb 2018, 09:11

Thought Simmons was a pretty decent guest though. Obviously was a "serious" actor but I didn't think he was over the top about it.

Wilmore was solid as well. I know Wilmore kind of works for/with him, but generally Simmons has stepped up the guests over the last 8 months or so.

ETA: Though he pretty clearly has basically no sports clout anymore. Outside of Durant, I don't remember the last actual athlete he had on.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh