The B.S. Report

Discuss the columns here!

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2018, 20:14

Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I love the Rams except for that Minnesota game, they dropped some passes.

?


I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this post.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19934
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 20:20

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I love the Rams except for that Minnesota game, they dropped some passes.

?


I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this post.

I assume it's something dumb that Bill said on a podcast, but I would like a little more colour.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8051
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Jan 2018, 21:35

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I love the Rams except for that Minnesota game, they dropped some passes.

?


I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this post.

I assume it's something dumb that Bill said on a podcast, but I would like a little more colour.


It was something dumb Bill said.

But he's right you know. I love the Rams. Except when they dropped passes against Minnesota. That's sound analysis.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13482
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 04 Jan 2018, 21:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:I love the Rams except for that Minnesota game, they dropped some passes.

?


I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this post.

I assume it's something dumb that Bill said on a podcast, but I would like a little more colour.


It was something dumb Bill said.

But he's right you know. I love the Rams. Except when they dropped passes against Minnesota. That's sound analysis.

That and when they walked funnily at the ESPY's. yooge red flag.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8051
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Jan 2018, 20:03

I have a confession. I listened to Bill Simmons on Zach Lowe’s Pidcast yesterday. And I listened to Zach Lowe on Bill Simmmons podcast today.

Back to back podcasts, The Ringer’s Bill Simmons said the Bucks got screwed in the 01 playoffs vs the Sixers. What the fuck is he talking about? I seem to recall Iverson missing a game (?) and Snow playing on a broken foot. Did the refs do something that I am not recalling?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31769
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Theny » 17 Jan 2018, 20:12

I'm listening to the Lowe one now. It's crap
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 31068
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby PhillyJim76 » 17 Jan 2018, 20:12

Bucks felt league rigged it so they wouldn’t beat Sixers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... troversies
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Jan 2018, 20:14

PhillyJim76 wrote:Bucks felt league rigged it so they wouldn’t beat Sixers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... troversies

Did that come up on a pod recently? Not exactly breaking news. I remember Ray Allen saying this at the time

eta: didn't see balls post. It's still a weird thing to bring up now.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8051
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Jan 2018, 20:21

Dthefritz wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Bucks felt league rigged it so they wouldn’t beat Sixers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... troversies

Did that come up on a pod recently? Not exactly breaking news. I remember Ray Allen saying this at the time

eta: didn't see balls post. It's still a weird thing to bring up now.

I don’t know why it came up yesterday but today he mentioned when they were discussing the general disgust of Bucks fans about everything.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31769
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Jan 2018, 20:27

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:Bucks felt league rigged it so they wouldn’t beat Sixers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... troversies

Did that come up on a pod recently? Not exactly breaking news. I remember Ray Allen saying this at the time

eta: didn't see balls post. It's still a weird thing to bring up now.

I don’t know why it came up yesterday but today he mentioned when they were discussing the general disgust of Bucks fans about everything.

What after they got to watch the allegrd GOAT 73 bucks? They would have gotten trucked by the Lakers.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8051
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby JichaelDick » 17 Jan 2018, 21:56

'71 Bucks.

Bill still bitches about the real GOAT squad from 1973, the Celtics, who were bitchslapped at home by the Knicks in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals...

Of course, the Knicks woulda forfeited the series after 4 games if Hondo hadn't dinged his shoulder in Game 3
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26682
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Jan 2018, 12:36

Saoirse Ronan has my favorite voice/accent ever.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31604
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby mj3528 » 26 Jan 2018, 10:54

This story will generate some hate on here:

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/26/bill-simmons-broke-up-with-original-sports-gal-after-seeing-good-will-hunting/

“I saw the movie that winter and I was dating this girl who lived in Chicago who, in my columns, was the original Sports Gal. She had moved to Chicago so we were dating long distance. I had gone to Chicago twice — I really liked her — I had gone to Chicago twice, I was freezing cold, I had no money whatsoever, the plane tickets were like $350, and it was just expensive and she was making more money than me. I was like, I don’t know how this can work, I don’t know how this can work with her in Chicago. I saw this movie and I saw the “I’m going to go see about a girl scene” and I had, like, this life moment. I was like, would I do that for this girl? And I was like, I wouldn’t, I don’t want to leave Boston, I feel like something good is happening here. I can’t leave. I wouldn’t go see about a girl. We broke up like within a week because of this movie.”
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 10060
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Theny » 26 Jan 2018, 10:58

Oi vey
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 31068
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby chrisco » 26 Jan 2018, 11:05

Briandong79 wrote:Saoirse Ronan has my favorite voice/accent ever.

I seen her in that movie with the ginger guy from Black Mirror. Glad he's getting work.

I heard an interesting story about Ronan's dad. Him and a friend in Ireland were broke and ended up opening a male stripper act. I can't remember if it was a strip club or they just had an Irish version of the Chippendales that they booked out. Anyway, it caused a big stir in Ireland. The church was pissed, and the IRA ended up getting involved. Him and his buddy basically had to flee Ireland to keep the IRA from beating the crap out of them or worse, and that's how he ended up in America.

Apparently they've been shopping the story around, so maybe you'll see it as a movie one day.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12755
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest