The B.S. Report

Discuss the columns here!

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Feb 2017, 14:03

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Kevin Durant was a great guest. Like, startlingly great. One of the most honest athlete interviews I have heard, he calls out Simmons on his bullshit, very much worth a listen. Might be the best active athlete interview I've heard.

Kerr was fine, definitely more bland. Simmons could not get off Stevens' jock and how much Kerr learned from Stevens. I am about 40% sure it was a joke, but Kerr seemed annoyed enough (lots of fake chuckles) that I can't say it was a bit for sure.

Wait, what the fuck could Kerr have learned from Stevens? He was playing for Gregg Fucking Popovich when Stevens was an Eli Lilly intern. What the hell is this?

Kerr talked about watching various coaches when he was doing broadcasting.

Well obviously, watching games from the stands, studio or couch is more important than having played or coached basketball at any meaningful level. This is how our favorite Podcaster knows more about coaching than Mike D'Antoni with his 500 wins as an NBA HC, and a man who revolutionized NBA offenses.

Bill Simmons is a dickhole of cosmic proportions.

Steve Kerr, who has played and coached in the league, says he learned things from watching other coaches while he was broadcasting. You turn this into "Simmons is a dickhole because he thinks he knows more from watching basketball than people who have played and coached." I gotta admit, that's pretty impressive, even for you.

That is something gleaned from the type of nonsense he's been putting out his entire career, not something I've just pulled out of thin air from this one exchange on a podcast I didn't even listen to. The fact that I brought in Mike D'Antoni, who wasn't even the subject of this exchange, should have clued you in in on that. D'Antoni, of course, after having been dumped on by Simmons for years who said he was the worst coach in the league and should never get another job, is currently coaching a 3 seed in the West which has won 70% of its games after having been .500 last year.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Feb 2017, 10:24

Regarding potential trades for Melo:

Bill : The worst part of the Nuggets trade is that the Knicks traded away a bunch of useful parts and made the team worse.

Ten seconds later:

Bill: I still think the best trade is if the Clippers trade off all their side parts for him.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2017, 10:29

Briandong79 wrote:Regarding potential trades for Melo:

Bill : The worst part of the Nuggets trade is that the Knicks traded away a bunch of useful parts and made the team worse.

Ten seconds later:

Bill: I still think the best trade is if the Clippers trade off all their side parts for him.

I confess I enjoy Bill Simmons' pod-cast immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing. Listening to it is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 Feb 2017, 10:16

Boy o boy isiah Thomas is sooooo awesome!!! Someone save this podcast for two years down the line when it's time to resign him for the max.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 11:12

Looks like the Simmons/Magic feud is still white hot.

@BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago

After we taped the Luke Walton podcast - https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons ... uke-walton … - I tried to convince Magic to trade Brandon Ingram to Boston for cash.
You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Mar 2017, 13:51

Smile Magic, they cant see you!
Attachments
17126084_1828051470853884_8014264208168321024_n(1).jpg
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby the cheese » 03 Mar 2017, 13:59

Tuck your goddamn undershirt in Bill.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 14:03

the cheese wrote:Tuck your goddamn undershirt in Bill.

You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 03 Mar 2017, 14:21

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:Tuck your goddamn undershirt in Bill.

simmons with a subtle jab at Magic causing the baggy sweater area in that photo.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Mar 2017, 14:22

Simmons gonna catch teh AIDZ
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Mar 2017, 19:35

Gregs Kite wrote:Looks like the Simmons/Magic feud is still white hot.

@BillSimmons 1m1 minute ago

After we taped the Luke Walton podcast - https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons ... uke-walton … - I tried to convince Magic to trade Brandon Ingram to Boston for cash.

IMO, it was a Simmons/Wilbon feud, and Magic merely took Wilbon's side. For those who don't remember, Mike talked down to Simmons on air like he was a little kid who had somehow finagled his way to the adults table at Thanksgiving, which in spite of my hating Wilbon as much as the next guy, I found pretty amusing.

Needless to say, Wilbon's people spun this as Simmons feuding with Magic, which of course makes Bill look much worse than if he just railroaded some other bloviating dickhead.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Incogneetus69 » 06 Mar 2017, 01:17

Wilbon isn't even a fun dickhead. He doesn't wink at the camera like cowherd or Bayless. He's just this old mean get off my lawn humorless asshole
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Mar 2017, 09:02

Incogneetus69 wrote:Wilbon isn't even a fun dickhead. He doesn't wink at the camera like cowherd or Bayless. He's just this old mean get off my lawn humorless asshole

He is a perennial candidate for least likable sports media figure, which is a pretty crowded field. That said, Simmons being treated with complete contempt, regardless of it being by an even bigger prick, was amusing to me.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 06 Mar 2017, 10:17

Dthefritz wrote:
Incogneetus69 wrote:Wilbon isn't even a fun dickhead. He doesn't wink at the camera like cowherd or Bayless. He's just this old mean get off my lawn humorless asshole

He is a perennial candidate for least likable sports media figure, which is a pretty crowded field. That said, Simmons being treated with complete contempt, regardless of it being by an even bigger prick, was amusing to me.

That's a race for the Silver Medal

Gold...

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Mar 2017, 10:24

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

That's a race for the Silver Medal

Gold...

I was gonna say Albom but it really is hard to top Lupica's particular brand of douchebaggery.

Oooooh this would be a good tournament.....
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh