The B.S. Report

Discuss the columns here!

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Nov 2017, 10:10

Briandong79 wrote:The little blurb at the end of the recent podcast with the Pastor was pretty interesting. Not interesting enough to motivate me to go listen to the whole thing on the NBA pod, but fairly interesting nonetheless.


Why don't you just tell us about the little blurb at the end of the recent podcast?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13048
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Nov 2017, 10:12

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The little blurb at the end of the recent podcast with the Pastor was pretty interesting. Not interesting enough to motivate me to go listen to the whole thing on the NBA pod, but fairly interesting nonetheless.


Why don't you just tell us about the little blurb at the end of the recent podcast?


It's the Pastor from Hillsong in NYC, he's in tight with a lot of the NBA guys (as well as Bieber!) so he just talked about the summer pickup games, how entourages work, etc. Just a little outside the norm of a typical podcast guest.

Dan Patrick was good too, but pretty much just talked about what you'd expect. Lots of love for Dale Ellis from DP, though.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Nov 2017, 01:48

I like producer Tate. It’s admirable the way he’s pulled himself up by his bootstraps and now is a Twitter.com verified personality. His Millennial work ethic is shining through. Did you know he went to North Carolina and hates Dukies, lol.

Also, Simmons should go back to having that tard do his intro music – like a rusty steak-knife cutting through a well-aged…steak – what’s the point of having Pearl Jam if by the time the song starts you fade it out. Bad job by you, Billy.
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6082
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Nov 2017, 17:26

Coates was good, would recommend. Obviously Simmons isn't really interested in doing a deep dive into a lot of stuff, but Coates had some interesting opinions on writing and whatnot that I enjoyed. They also got into the Wire, as required when interviewing a black male from Baltimore. You'll never guess what season is his favorite!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 Nov 2017, 17:42

Ben Coates, former Patriots TE?
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18372
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 17 Nov 2017, 07:59

Briandong79 wrote:Coates was good, would recommend. Obviously Simmons isn't really interested in doing a deep dive into a lot of stuff, but Coates had some interesting opinions on writing and whatnot that I enjoyed. They also got into the Wire, as required when interviewing a black male from Baltimore. You'll never guess what season is his favorite!


They never really talked about Black Panther. Sad.
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6082
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Nov 2017, 09:03

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Coates was good, would recommend. Obviously Simmons isn't really interested in doing a deep dive into a lot of stuff, but Coates had some interesting opinions on writing and whatnot that I enjoyed. They also got into the Wire, as required when interviewing a black male from Baltimore. You'll never guess what season is his favorite!


They never really talked about Black Panther. Sad.


I thought maybe they were going to dip into that towards the end when they started talking about more pop culture type stuff. I was a little disappointed as well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby mister bacon » 17 Nov 2017, 15:53

Briandong79 wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Coates was good, would recommend. Obviously Simmons isn't really interested in doing a deep dive into a lot of stuff, but Coates had some interesting opinions on writing and whatnot that I enjoyed. They also got into the Wire, as required when interviewing a black male from Baltimore. You'll never guess what season is his favorite!


They never really talked about Black Panther. Sad.


I thought maybe they were going to dip into that towards the end when they started talking about more pop culture type stuff. I was a little disappointed as well.



I would've enjoyed them discussing 80s NBA posters in some detail.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26371
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 17 Nov 2017, 15:56

mister bacon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Coates was good, would recommend. Obviously Simmons isn't really interested in doing a deep dive into a lot of stuff, but Coates had some interesting opinions on writing and whatnot that I enjoyed. They also got into the Wire, as required when interviewing a black male from Baltimore. You'll never guess what season is his favorite!


They never really talked about Black Panther. Sad.


I thought maybe they were going to dip into that towards the end when they started talking about more pop culture type stuff. I was a little disappointed as well.



I would've enjoyed them discussing 80s NBA posters in some detail.


My cousin had this one:

Image
#2C4S
Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6082
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 18 Nov 2017, 06:47

Briandong79 wrote:Coates was good, would recommend.


Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Ben Coates, former Patriots TE?


It looks like it was ta-nehisi coates, a hero amongst internet SJWs. i think phil might have surpassed hf61 in the woke internet personality rankings. phil was able to create the ringer to get his/his writers thoughts out to dozens upon dozens of readers! BUT, he does not put his complaints about how trump has destroyed his life in all caps yet. all caps would add alot of power and persuasiveness to his thoughts. so advantage: hf61 still imo. the battle is getting close :P
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7761
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Nov 2017, 09:22

I think everyone knew who it was. Good thoughts though!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby TheWolf » 18 Nov 2017, 10:49

Briandong79 wrote:I think everyone knew who it was. Good thoughts though!


I've never heard of that person in any context outside of this board. Still don't have a clue why he's famous.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18418
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Nov 2017, 10:57

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think everyone knew who it was. Good thoughts though!


I've never heard of that person in any context outside of this board. Still don't have a clue why he's famous.

If 79 likes him, I suspect that he’s a professional protester of normal shit.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Nov 2017, 11:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I think everyone knew who it was. Good thoughts though!


I've never heard of that person in any context outside of this board. Still don't have a clue why he's famous.

If 79 likes him, I suspect that he’s a professional protester of normal shit.


He's a writer.

ETA: I don't have an opinion of him because I haven't read much of his stuff. He was interesting on the podcast.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 Nov 2017, 13:07

Thought it was a she.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18372
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest