The B.S. Report

Discuss the columns here!

The B.S. Report

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Mar 2008, 12:40

Since none of the podcasts seem to generate enough traffic for an entire thread anymore I thought I'd start one for discussion of all the podcasts. If a single podcast generates enough interest we can break a separate thread out after the discussion has started.

I listened to Wednesday's podcast at the gym this morning because I saw that he was going to be discussing the Hartford Whalers. It's the first podcast I've listened to in '08, but I thought it sounded like he was getting more at ease with the whole format. It generally sounded a lot less forced that the early podcasts, and while it wasn't fantastic I found myself reasonably entertained throughout a majority of the topics discussed. It greatly increased the chance of me listening to more podcasts in the future after I had pretty much written them off.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31437
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby SDGuy » 14 Mar 2008, 12:42

I enjoyed the pod cast with Matt Berry. But I just love fantasy baseball.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
User avatar
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 22:48
Location: Not the 'SB'

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby IhateTomBrady » 21 Mar 2008, 14:00

The recent podcast with Doug Gottlieb (from his show) is terrible, which is strange because I usually like Gottilieb's radio show.
I guess that speaks to Simmons' ability as a CBB analyst.
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Cape Cod Coach Cal » 21 Mar 2008, 22:33

The podcast with Gus Johnson was a comedy of errors. Wherever Gus was there were buzzers and horns going off every few seconds. Plus Johnson was on a cell phone.
Kathleen Cleary (Jane Seymour): "Just had my tits done. You like 'em?"
John: "Those seem like lovely tits."
User avatar
Cape Cod Coach Cal
Yankee
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 05 Aug 2006, 09:32
Location: Barnstable, MA

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 22 Mar 2008, 10:07

Not to mention the second half of the podcast was with his bracket-filling-master buddy, who hadn't even filled out his brackets yet, so they talked about the Celtics for 30 minutes. Worst podcast he has had in my opinion.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
User avatar
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: 02 May 2005, 15:20
Location: West Sacramento

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 02 Apr 2008, 16:47

why is simmons so jealous of the six-time champion Bulls of the 90's? he takes another shot at them in the new celtics podcast :roll: . has he ever admitted in a column that jordan was greater than bird? just wondering.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7649
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby DNice » 02 Apr 2008, 18:45

Untouchable wrote:why is simmons so jealous of the six-time champion Bulls of the 90's? he takes another shot at them in the new celtics podcast :roll: . has he ever admitted in a column that jordan was greater than bird? just wondering.


I'm pretty sure he acknowledges Jordan as the GOAT.
User avatar
DNice
Another dude worth meeting
 
Posts: 521
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 14:25

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Colonel Angus » 02 Apr 2008, 18:51

DNice wrote:
Untouchable wrote:why is simmons so jealous of the six-time champion Bulls of the 90's? he takes another shot at them in the new celtics podcast :roll: . has he ever admitted in a column that jordan was greater than bird? just wondering.


I'm pretty sure he acknowledges Jordan as the GOAT.


I think DNice is correct. As for why he would be jealous of the '90's Bulls, that's easy: they're not from Boston and he didn't jump on their bandwagon quickly enough, so he can't "claim them."
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 02 Apr 2008, 18:59

BS has said Jordan was the GOAT, but I'm almost positive he's also on record as saying there will be another Jordan before there's another Bird, as well.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25745
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Apr 2008, 19:04

JichaelDick wrote:BS has said Jordan was the GOAT, but I'm almost positive he's also on record as saying there will be another Jordan before there's another Bird, as well.


We can only hope.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30746
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Bricks » 02 Apr 2008, 19:10

What exactly would qualify as a "next Bird?" A small forward with a nice jumpshot and great passing ability, or a white guy with these qualities?
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
User avatar
Bricks
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4584
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 22:53
Location: #TeamSheikie

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby DNice » 02 Apr 2008, 19:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:BS has said Jordan was the GOAT, but I'm almost positive he's also on record as saying there will be another Jordan before there's another Bird, as well.


We can only hope.


I originally heard this, "there will never be another Bird," phrase from Magic and I think even Scoop Jackson wrote there will be another Jordan before Bird. So we gotta lot of people rippin' off each other.
User avatar
DNice
Another dude worth meeting
 
Posts: 521
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 14:25

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Apr 2008, 10:01

Bricks wrote:What exactly would qualify as a "next Bird?" A small forward with a nice jumpshot and great passing ability, or a white guy with these qualities?


Don't forget the cheesy moustache!
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18248
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby Bricks » 03 Apr 2008, 14:18

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Bricks wrote:What exactly would qualify as a "next Bird?" A small forward with a nice jumpshot and great passing ability, or a white guy with these qualities?


Don't forget the cheesy moustache!


Well shit, Adam Morrison is halfway there!
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
User avatar
Bricks
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4584
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 22:53
Location: #TeamSheikie

Re: The Generic Podcast Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Apr 2008, 14:50

Bricks wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Bricks wrote:What exactly would qualify as a "next Bird?" A small forward with a nice jumpshot and great passing ability, or a white guy with these qualities?


Don't forget the cheesy moustache!


Well shit, Adam Morrison is halfway there!


If Adam Morrison came into the league in 1979 (or whtever), he would have been Larry Bird, lol.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30746
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests