Simmons Interview - Two Tivos To Paradise 7.27.07

Discuss the columns here!

Simmons Interview - Two Tivos To Paradise 7.27.07

Postby nova » 11 Sep 2007, 06:12

Some dood asks Simmons questions about his TV viewing habits.

Although lately, I've become fascinated by Elmo on Sesame Street - he's like the Magic Johnson of kids TV, he can play multiple positions, make everyone better and doesn't get nearly enough credit. Also, I think Grover is like Norm Nixon - a solid point guard who was rendered completely obselete once Magic/Elmo came into his own.

This is when things get scary-- after Kobe scored 81 points against Toronto, I randomly compared the cast of Seasme Street to the Los Angeles Lakers. Back in the 80s, it was a show where there was a bunch of characters who could "take over", but at the end of the day, it usually went back to Kermit the Frog (aka Magic Johnson). Big Bird was Kareem, Bert and Ernie were Michael Cooper and James Worthy, so on and so forth. Then, in the mid-90s, Elmo (aka Kobe Bryant) came alone and completely changed the direction of the show. Instead of it being a team effort, you couldn't (and still can't) go through an entire segment without seeing that little red motherfucker. He's a screen hog who has his own 15 minute mini-show at the end of every episode. He's pretty much relegated everyone else to second fiddle, and the much ballyhooed rape charges filed by Prarie Dawn have mysteriously been shrouded in secrecy.

I guess I have no "real" point beside there are two fucked up people on this planet who felt the need to compare Sesame Street to the Los Angeles Lakers.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh