YouTube Hall of Fame

Discuss the columns here!

Postby mmutoni » 26 Jun 2006, 12:59

IhateTomBrady wrote:Damnit. I cannot load Youtube clips at work. It seems something has lit a fire under SG's ass to do more work. 3 columns last week and at least two this week (assuming the other is the running draft diary).

More money will do to ya. from the sudden increase in columns, and the permanent spot on the front page, everything would seem to indicate that he just signed a new deal with the Worldwide Follower.

Obviously, the disney suits won't let him post the true greatest youtube clips, but this column was pretty good neverthless. Too much wrestling, though.
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Goose » 26 Jun 2006, 13:04

mmutoni wrote:Obviously, the disney suits won't let him post the true greatest youtube clips, but this column was pretty good neverthless. Too much wrestling, though.

Better watch what you say about rasslin'. JD may challenge you to a steel cage, last man standing, ladder match.

But you're right. Way too much wrestling.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Fletch » 26 Jun 2006, 13:11

Goose wrote:
mmutoni wrote:Obviously, the disney suits won't let him post the true greatest youtube clips, but this column was pretty good neverthless. Too much wrestling, though.

Better watch what you say about rasslin'. JD may challenge you to a steel cage, last man standing, ladder match.

But you're right. Way too much wrestling.

I'm hardly a wrestling fan, but too much wrestling?? The top 2 picks were GAWDAWFUL handheld video with lots of screaming. Gimme a f-ing break. As if jag-off couldn't watch real video of those events from his 12-disc DVD set???

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Grand Theft Submarine." I'd like to see one of those made for each of Adam Carolla's wacky movie ideas. The cartoon reminded me of Dr. Katz. (Can't wait till that's on DVD...)
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

new contract-same content

Postby kodijack » 26 Jun 2006, 13:48

I wasn't that impressed. There was no thought process in the article that indicated that anyone else could have written it, nothing new really.

SG is a milionaire? How?
kodijack
Doug Christie

Postby Briandong79 » 26 Jun 2006, 14:33

nasty nova wrote:
Montecore's Revenge wrote:
nasty nova wrote:Bah. No Leprechaun, no cred.

I wouldn't be surprised if his editor prevented him from using certain clips, that one included. For example, the one with the guy trying to get his KKK outfit dry cleaned at a black-owned dry cleaner would probably not be "PC" enough for the sensitive types at ESPN/ABC/Disney (it was a bit - the guy's not really in the KKK), or even the infamous oozinator commercial. Same might have gone for that clip.

Now that you mention it, that clip did appear on an NBC affiliate in Mobile. thanks for the persepctive, Montel.

Youtube has also gotten into considerable trouble from CBS for leaving the clips of the J-Mac story (it originated on an affiliate) on the net as well. So that's probably why it didn't appear.

FWIW, I started using the internet in 1995 or 96, don't remember exactly when. (Prodigy baby!)
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jun 2006, 14:35

I'm just glad the awesomeness that was the Lex Luger promo was on there. Sweet Jesus, that's classic.

"Can you afford to pay me to wrestle Ron??? I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!111"

I am saddened the El Dandy/Bret Hart promo wasn't on there, though.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Adam Carolla » 26 Jun 2006, 15:03

Bill Simmons wrote:Rowdy Roddy Piper smashing a coconut against Superfly Snuka's skull
Rowdy Roddy Piper smashing a coconut against Superfly Snuka's skull
Adam Carolla
Another dude worth meeting

Location: Bringing this ice cream maker all the way from Bespin to pegs near you in 2009.

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 26 Jun 2006, 16:21

Adam Carolla wrote:
Bill Simmons wrote:Rowdy Roddy Piper smashing a coconut against Superfly Snuka's skull

Well-played. :lol:
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Bleacher Creature » 26 Jun 2006, 17:39

Simmons wrote:After a decade of watching the Internet change everyone's lives (including mine), it never ceases to amaze me. The Internet gave me a job and a career. I pay my bills online, follow stocks, buy DVDs and books, argue about the Celtics with complete strangers on a message board

Didnt Simmons say that the only message board he visits is SoSH? Does SoSH have a Celtics forum?

Anyone have a link to the video that SG said he couldnt show about the Red Sox fan in the Yankee Stadium bleachers?
[Sun 15:41] Frank the Tank: J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 26 Jun 2006, 17:40

Bleacher Creature wrote:
Simmons wrote:After a decade of watching the Internet change everyone's lives (including mine), it never ceases to amaze me. The Internet gave me a job and a career. I pay my bills online, follow stocks, buy DVDs and books, argue about the Celtics with complete strangers on a message board

Didnt Simmons say that the only message board he visits is SoSH? Does SoSH have a Celtics forum?

Anyone have a link to the video that SG said he couldnt show about the Red Sox fan in the Yankee Stadium bleachers?

I'm pretty sure they have a general Boston sports forum.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby WampaOne » 26 Jun 2006, 17:53

BC, sometime ago, he said he kept coming here over and over to discuss the Celtics:

http://celticsblog.net/
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby the cheese » 26 Jun 2006, 17:54

Bleacher Creature wrote:

Simmons has done a couple things with celticsblog.com, including a very in depth interview at the mid point of the season. I'm sure he visits it from time to time.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Goose » 27 Jun 2006, 09:13

Bleacher Creature wrote:

Simmons didn't go to a Celtics message board during a Sox playoff game. He went before the game, but nothing happened for four innings so he had to put something there. That's why he mentioned going to a Celtics message board.

Even though he was seen wearing a Celticsblog.com hat in 1986, he just enjoyed Gooden's pitching. He's always been faithful to SoSH and would never commit message board bigotry.

All right, now I'm having trouble keeping his story straight. It's probably best to start ignoring his absolutes, since they seem to shift when appropriate for the story he's telling.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dunking Donut » 27 Jun 2006, 11:42

Most of these are kinda boring but I can see some of the appeal for the Sports Dork. I agree that his editors probably made him cut out some of the riskier ones (although I don't see the Leprechaun clip being raunchy).

I was using e-mail back in 1988 (we had an internal system at school). We would access dial up BBS back then to play test-based games as well. I've worked for a telecom company since 1990 so I was pretty familiar with Usenet, FTP and even web browsing pre-Netscape with Mosaic(circa 1994).
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 27 Jun 2006, 11:52

Dunking Donut wrote:Most of these are kinda boring but I can see some of the appeal for the Sports Dork. I agree that his editors probably made him cut out some of the riskier ones (although I don't see the Leprechaun clip being raunchy).

I was using e-mail back in 1988 (we had an internal system at school). We would access dial up BBS back then to play test-based games as well. I've worked for a telecom company since 1990 so I was pretty familiar with Usenet, FTP and even web browsing pre-Netscape with Mosaic(circa 1994).

1988?!? Wow! I definitely had never heard of e-mail until a year or two into high school (maybe 1993 or 94?)
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh