YouTube Hall of Fame

Discuss the columns here!

YouTube Hall of Fame

Postby Theny » 26 Jun 2006, 10:03

Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 26 Jun 2006, 10:07

Bah. No Leprechaun, no cred.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Goose » 26 Jun 2006, 10:16

A new column? It is Monday, isn't it? Did I sleep through Sunday night and wake up on Wednesday? And, if so, how come nobody bothered to tell me? Not my wife, not my boss, nobody.

Anyhow, I'm a huge YouTube fan, so I'll definitely read this. Well, after the shock of a Monday morning SG column wears off.

Obviously, the new contract (that many at SOTSG have theorized about) must have finally been signed.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Jun 2006, 10:16

seriously. no leprechaun?? Also...i think this column may have shattered the record for most "SG cliches" in a single column, all-time. Good god, reading the "Adam Carrola's idea made it to you tube" paragraph was painful. "Looooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Bruno95 » 26 Jun 2006, 10:17

For my first post, I'd like to point out that Bill began this column with a drawn-out lie. Not knowing about email in 1996? Possible -- if you're my grandmother. How did he become a millionaire again?

My virgin foray onto the Internet happened at 2:30 in the morning. This was back in the spring of '96 -- I was returning home from a night out drinking during which a college friend had casually mentioned exchanging e-mails with another of our friends at work. Wait, e-mails? What the hell are those? You guys can communicate through text instantaneously? Hearing the whole thing explained, I almost felt like the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

I remember stumbling back to my house, stopping at the Store 24 for some pretzels, grabbing one of those stupid "Free AOL trial!" disks on the counter, paying Joe the Alcoholic Counter Guy, heading back home and installing everything onto my laptop, creating my first screen name, using a tangled cord to plug into my kitchen phone jack ... and somehow getting myself online. My life would never be the same. And if there was a video clip of the entire sequence, I would love to stick it on YouTube and show you.
Bruno95
Doug Christie

Postby Theny » 26 Jun 2006, 10:18

Yeah, he definitely has a new contract. I think he wrote a column last Monday as well. This is a pretty good article, though. Obviously some of these picks are pretty lame, but the dude's like 36 years old, what do you expect?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby nova » 26 Jun 2006, 10:21

Another glaring omission from that list is that guy who does the History of Dance. Anybody who would consider themself a pop culture guru would HAVE To put that one in a list of the Top 30 Youtube clips.

And now that I am ranting, where the fuck is the You are NOT the father clip? Bill, you're showing your age.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 26 Jun 2006, 10:29

Bruno95 wrote:For my first post, I'd like to point out that Bill began this column with a drawn-out lie. Not knowing about email in 1996? Possible -- if you're my grandmother. How did he become a millionaire again?

My virgin foray onto the Internet happened at 2:30 in the morning. This was back in the spring of '96 -- I was returning home from a night out drinking during which a college friend had casually mentioned exchanging e-mails with another of our friends at work. Wait, e-mails? What the hell are those? You guys can communicate through text instantaneously? Hearing the whole thing explained, I almost felt like the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

I remember stumbling back to my house, stopping at the Store 24 for some pretzels, grabbing one of those stupid "Free AOL trial!" disks on the counter, paying Joe the Alcoholic Counter Guy, heading back home and installing everything onto my laptop, creating my first screen name, using a tangled cord to plug into my kitchen phone jack ... and somehow getting myself online. My life would never be the same. And if there was a video clip of the entire sequence, I would love to stick it on YouTube and show you.

it's possible. i didn't use email until fall of 1995, and that's because i was starting college and using email was a requirement.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Fletch » 26 Jun 2006, 10:31

Theny wrote:...but the dude's like 36 years old, what do you expect?

You're only causing trouble for yourself with that kinda talk, mister...the old guys 'round here will group together and collectively throw their dentures at you.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 26 Jun 2006, 10:34

He. . . . . had a laptop in 1996? Wow.

I didn't start using the internet/emails until 2001 when we finally got dial-up! Up until then, we were still using Windows 95, and I hated it. So I never used to use the computer for anything. Then in 2004, we got hi-speed cable, pure sweetness. . . . . .
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Jun 2006, 10:38

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Theny wrote:...but the dude's like 36 years old, what do you expect?

You're only causing trouble for yourself with that kinda talk, mister...the old guys 'round here will group together and collectively throw their dentures at you.

You tell 'im Fletch! I'm 35 and first used email in 1989, so watch out with the fogey comments! You won't be laughing when you wake up one morning with your butt-cheeks stuck together with Polident!
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 26 Jun 2006, 10:39

Untouchable wrote:
Bruno95 wrote:For my first post, I'd like to point out that Bill began this column with a drawn-out lie. Not knowing about email in 1996? Possible -- if you're my grandmother. How did he become a millionaire again?

it's possible. i didn't use email until fall of 1995, and that's because i was starting college and using email was a requirement.

Same here. I never even surfed the internet until like 1997, when I was a freshman in college.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Bruno95 » 26 Jun 2006, 10:46

I can understand not using the Internet before 1996.

I'm skeptical that someone wouldn't even know about email in 1996.

But it is completely ridiculous that the same person who didn't even know what email was would, hours later -- while drunk -- run to a convenience store, pick up an AOL CD (not sure that's how it was installed back then anyway), boot up a laptop, and Boom! be online that same life-changing night.
Bruno95
Doug Christie

Postby Goose » 26 Jun 2006, 10:47

I can believe that the SG didn't use the net until 1996. I didn't use the internet or send email until my senior year in college (1993-1994), and I'm an engineer. So I can believe a lit (or english, or whatever) major from a liberal arts college didn't know much about computer applications above and beyond WordPerfect.

Also, watch the age jokes or I'll start driving slow in the left lane when you're late, using 400 coupons at the grocery store while you wait behind me in line, and ask 10+ questions at the TacoBell drive thru while ordering one crunchy taco and a complimentary water while you idle away $3/gallon gas behind me.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Theny » 26 Jun 2006, 10:50

Goose wrote:I can believe that the SG didn't use the net until 1996. I didn't use the internet or send email until my senior year in college (1993-1994), and I'm an engineer. So I can believe a lit (or english, or whatever) major from a liberal arts college didn't know much about computer applications above and beyond WordPerfect.

Also, watch the age jokes or I'll start driving slow in the left lane when you're late, using 400 coupons at the grocery store while you wait behind me in line, and ask 10+ questions at the TacoBell drive thru while ordering one crunchy taco and a complimentary water while you idle away $3/gallon gas behind me.

Just so you know, Taco Bell DOES accept AARP discount cards. Save us all some time next time.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Next

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh