Discuss the columns here!

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Dec 2017, 17:41

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
jman wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Goose wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Goose wrote:I seen Reggie Lewis play when I was an adult. He was okay. If I was giving a draft report it would look like this:

Best Comparison - Scottie Pippen

we have beef Goose. unless you mean dirt poor man's scottie pippen.

I actually typed out "poor man's Scottie Pippen", but was trying for brevity before hitting the punch line. The comparison was only in service of the mean spirited shot at Reggie Lewis.

Without bothering to do any research I'm pretty sure that Pippen was a better passer, rebounder and defender and I'll remember watching Pippen play way more than Reggie Lewis.

Pippen benefits in this regard from the whole "not dying" thing.

aside from the not dying thing, Pippen playing with another guy who wasn't too shabby helped a little too.

pippen and jordan helped each other.

Well yeah, but I'm sure you concede one needed the other more.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby PhillyJim76 » 06 Dec 2017, 19:39

I actually thought Kevin Gamble was better than Reggie Lewis
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Dec 2017, 21:22

PhillyJim76 wrote:I actually thought Kevin Gamble was better than Reggie Lewis

You and me both.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Dec 2017, 13:33

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I need more info on the Cranston rest stop motorcycle story. So they stayed at a rest stop that was just a roof on a cement slab for six days? Where did they get food? Was there a rest shop vending machine fully stocked and loaded for them?
Did he say he was reading playbills the six days he was stranded there to pass the time? So I'm assuming he had just packed a ton of playbills on his motorcycle for the trip and he ended up with a perfect place to read?

Very good podcast to add on what everyone else is saying.

My god, this dude is annoying. Big, grandiose, enunciated words. He LOVES being serious about acting. Okay.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby God Shamgod » 09 Dec 2017, 19:11

I watched the 30 for 30 on the Dunbar High basketball teams and I didn't really remember much about the Reggie Lewis stuff other than the news of him dropping dead. I didn't remember him collapsing against Charlotte and the Celtics doctors telling him he needed the pacemaker and couldn't play anymore. So he got another doctor to hold a bizarre press conference basically saying they didn't know what the fuck they were talking about and he's fine. Then he dropped dead a few weeks later. Somebody must have gotten sued.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Dec 2017, 09:31

Per the Sports Repodders (oof)

-Bill doesn't like 5 people on a show. It's like if it's 4 people, then it's good, but if you add a 5th, it just gets a little awkward. Too bad there's not some sort of phrase for that phenomenon.

-Man he really really really wants the NBA to be more popular than the NFL.

-His dislike of Hubie Brown perplexes me.

-There's nothing an analyst on an NBA game is going to tell him that he doesn't already know. Alright then.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Dec 2017, 09:38

-There's nothing an analyst on an NBA game is going to tell him that he doesn't already know. Alright then.

These items are related. He is a jackass.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Dec 2017, 09:49

Hubie Brown is 84 btw
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Dec 2017, 10:28

Dthefritz wrote:

These items are related. He is a jackass.

plusuno.

And Hubie is a saint, FOH Billy.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Theny » 11 Dec 2017, 13:34

During the Heatles Era I was convinced Hubie was always rooting against me. And I'm not an insane idiot like balls who cares about announcers.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mj3528 » 11 Dec 2017, 13:35

Theny wrote:During the Heatles Era I was convinced Hubie was always rooting against me. And I'm not an insane idiot like balls who cares about announcers.

You were not wrong. Just about everyone was rooting against you during that era.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh