Jew Jitsu wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Having listened to most of it, I think it's weird that Butler isn't more well known, given how big of a market he was in and how good he is. Very smart guy.

They talked a little GoT on the back half with Mallory Rubin. She made fun of Bill about when he asked what year GoT takes place in. I laughed.

Haha he is so dumb. Right now, i think they are up to 1988.

I'm glad to see that examples of his idiocy live on for posterity.

as for Butler, I have to disagree with you. he's only been a notable player for 3 years, and hasn't had any epic playoff runs or anything. everybody who follows the NBA knows him and how good he is, but I don't see why anybody else would care.

Do people who don't follow the NBA care about other players?

Maybe "care" the wrong word, but there's a select few in every sport who everybody knows by name and face. No knock on Butler, I don't think it's "weird" that he isn't one of those guys for the reasons I mentioned. If you're outside the LeBron-like stratosphere, you're not famous unless you're on a great team, are a great self-promoter, or have some Artest-like notoriety.

I don't mean at that level necessarily (I would point out that Paul George was on the 2K cover and KAT has national ad campaigns though) but this is the first time I've really seen an in depth interview of Butler on an NBA "centric" media, and he's a very good listen.

George has been good for much longer, and was the best player on a legit contender. That Indiana team, despite being in a small market, was really in the general conversation for a moment. KAT was the #1 pick in the draft and is thought of by many as on his way to superstardom that Butler will probably never touch. Meanwhile, Butler's only been a top-tier player for three years, during which he's been on a middle-of-the-pack playoff team that's usually overshadowed by some other controversy. And on top of all that, it seems reasonable to assume that he either hasn't made an effort to build his brand [vomit] and/or there hasn't been interest. I like the guy and think he's slightly underappreciated, but it's not some great mystery why he isn't a household name.

Ass - Please find the cutoff point in the NBA for household name.

I think its about 25-30 players and its somewhere between Kevin Love (known) and Demar Rozan (who?). I think that Hasan Whiteside, DeAndre Jordan, and Gordon Hayward are unknown, but older guys with diminishing skillz like Pau or Vinsanity make the list.

There's only one, maybe two, household names in NBA. Lebron and maybe curry. Who gives a shit about anybody else? Anthony Davis? John wall? Lol. There's three players that have mattered since Jordan retired: Shaq, Kobe, and lebron. The rest are fill in the blanks.

I mean if we're taking the term household name for what it properly means, Jew is right [Duncan, maybe?]. I think what 'Sco/Theny were more arguing is "guys you'd recognize from half-watching ESPN while washing dishes". Maybe we should e-mail the sports czar to come up with a better term for that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 Jul 2017, 05:37

Briandong79 wrote:Having listened to most of it, I think it's weird that Butler isn't more well known, given how big of a market he was in and how good he is.

Derrick Rose was there until last year, that's why. Last year when he had a chance to grab the spotlight the team wasn't good and there was a lot of turmoil.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 Jul 2017, 10:02

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor and Joe House to discuss Carmelo Anthony potentially going to OKC (5:00), Kyrie Irving's decision to demand a trade (14:00), the importance of All-NBA honors (18:00), John Wall vs. Kyrie (25:00), LeBron's blindsided act (35:00), David Griffin's best moves (43:00), Dan Gilbert's dysfunction (50:00), potential trades for Kyrie (56:00), LeBron's media strategy (1:03:00), and the big-picture move for LeBron (1:12:00).

How does Bill land these guys for his pod? Mogul.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby chrisco » 25 Jul 2017, 10:29

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor and Joe House to discuss Carmelo Anthony potentially going to OKC (5:00), Kyrie Irving's decision to demand a trade (14:00), the importance of All-NBA honors (18:00), John Wall vs. Kyrie (25:00), LeBron's blindsided act (35:00), David Griffin's best moves (43:00), Dan Gilbert's dysfunction (50:00), potential trades for Kyrie (56:00), LeBron's media strategy (1:03:00), and the big-picture move for LeBron (1:12:00).

How does Bill land these guys for his pod? Mogul.

Maybe if you stopped turning him down, the D list of internet psychos might start doing his podcast.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 27 Jul 2017, 12:25

Why Charlize Theron Is Intimidated by Awards Shows

After years in the industry, she’s still not comfortable on a red carpet

Excited to listen?

“There’s nothing normal or natural about [red carpets] for me. To have that much attention and cameras kind of, it’s just weird. It’s weird. And I break out in hives, and I get all red and blotchy.”

How about now?

The social demands, the interviews, and everything else? That’s work to Theron. Luckily, her real job doesn’t feel like that.

Is that right?

“I don’t ever call making films work because I love it. I do believe that there is some real value in finding something. It’s one of the greatest gifts that I think you can have in your life, to do something that doesn’t feel like work. And I feel like my job is that. But that [awards show] stuff to me feels like work.”

SOLD. Bill with another hard-hitting interview.

Brandon wrote:Appreciate you having a woman as a podcast guest. More of that would be wonderful.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Jul 2017, 12:29

Brandon wrote:Appreciate you having a woman as a podcast guest. More of that would be wonderful.

:lol:

gold
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jul 2017, 12:30

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Why Charlize Theron Is Intimidated by Awards Shows

After years in the industry, she’s still not comfortable on a red carpet

Excited to listen?

“There’s nothing normal or natural about [red carpets] for me. To have that much attention and cameras kind of, it’s just weird. It’s weird. And I break out in hives, and I get all red and blotchy.”

How about now?

The social demands, the interviews, and everything else? That’s work to Theron. Luckily, her real job doesn’t feel like that.

Is that right?

“I don’t ever call making films work because I love it. I do believe that there is some real value in finding something. It’s one of the greatest gifts that I think you can have in your life, to do something that doesn’t feel like work. And I feel like my job is that. But that [awards show] stuff to me feels like work.”

SOLD. Bill with another hard-hitting interview.

That's disappointing.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 27 Jul 2017, 17:38

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

:lol:

gold

I don't think it would be so wonderful for the woman involved.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 09 Aug 2017, 12:38

I am Bill Hernandez

Bill Simmons is joined by fellow Boston diehard Kevin Hench to discuss the birth of the Brady-Belichick dynasty, the duo’s best Super Bowl victory, the best team the Pats beat during their run together, the most important pass of Brady’s career, the most improbable comebacks, and the most rewarding moments for Patriots fans since 2001.

In this Storystream

Patriots Week

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Aug 2017, 12:42

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I am Bill Hernandez

Bill Simmons is joined by fellow Boston diehard Kevin Hench to discuss the birth of the Brady-Belichick dynasty, the duo’s best Super Bowl victory, the best team the Pats beat during their run together, the most important pass of Brady’s career, the most improbable comebacks, and the most rewarding moments for Patriots fans since 2001.

In this Storystream

Patriots Week

GLO, I'll check it out this week.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Aug 2017, 12:02

Gregs Kite wrote:

In this Storystream

Patriots Week

I have made it about halfway through this one. It's fucking awesome. So many great memories. They had the Eagles Superbowl all the way down at #20 because it was so unimpressive LOL.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Aug 2017, 12:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

In this Storystream

Patriots Week

I have made it about halfway through this one. It's fucking awesome. So many great memories. They had the Eagles Superbowl all the way down at #20 because it was so unimpressive LOL.

LMAO!

That super bowl was god awful. Besides TO playing on a broken leg, that game was boring as fuck!

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:07

I enjoyed Bill saying the Patriots signed the Bills' best running back, and when it was pointed out that was a ridiculous statement, doing the "I know, I was joking" thing. No, you forgot about Lesean McCoy. It's ok.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:10

Briandong79 wrote:I enjoyed Bill saying the Patriots signed the Bills' best running back, and when it was pointed out that was a ridiculous statement, doing the "I know, I was joking" thing. No, you forgot about Lesean McCoy. It's ok.

That dude isn't even that good. Its schemes. Like w brady in NE. Everyone forgets that the year before the bills had a dude run for like 10 TD's and he isn't even in the league anymore. Some unruly n*gger from shamgod U. Can't remember his name. Shady is the real deal though.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Aug 2017, 13:36

ctz31 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I enjoyed Bill saying the Patriots signed the Bills' best running back, and when it was pointed out that was a ridiculous statement, doing the "I know, I was joking" thing. No, you forgot about Lesean McCoy. It's ok.

That dude isn't even that good. Its schemes. Like w brady in NE. Everyone forgets that the year before the bills had a dude run for like 10 TD's and he isn't even in the league anymore. Some unruly n*gger from shamgod U. Can't remember his name. Shady is the real deal though.

Karlos Williams. Wore half a jersey,
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh