Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Apr 2017, 09:34

the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
I have also said this for years. He is a basketball robot on the court and a child off of it.

How is this different from any NBA player today?

This is a serious point? Explain this to me like I'm Kevin Durant. Speak slowly and use small words.

You could say the same thing about Melo, LeBron, Russ, etc, etc.

Say what you will about any of their personalities, but you listed three married guys with families and well-publicized interests off the court. Lebron and Melo have both been politically and socially active. Durant appears to exist to play basketball and make money for Roc Nation sports and Nike. He has no other interests and no relationships beyond his mother and his dad, who re-entered his life when he was about to hit free agency.

This is the cheesest of cheese answers. Fantastic. I love how you equate being married with families to NOT being a child off the court.

Your bum hurt over KD is approaching Theny/Bron levels of absurdity. Well done.

KD literally lived with his mother until two years ago. He was engaged for a week but his mom didn't like the girl so he dropped the girl.

I have posted maybe four times about KD in the last year. You calling out anyone about whining about any sports slight is hysterical.

I'm sorry, please don't quit the board.

I'm so.....so sorry.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Re: The B.S. Report

Postby Jew Jitsu » 20 Apr 2017, 11:00

I quit listening to this shit but had to turn this one on to hear him cry about Boston-Chicago. Of course it was an utter trash of a pod (79 even warned me via text). But towards the end our NBA expert says how much better the Cavs would be if they would've signed Hayward to the max and had Lebron slide to PF and have Kyrie and Thompson and Wiggins and my dad and Evander Holyfield still on the team.

1) Hayward signed a max deal with Charlotte and Utah matched it so Cavs were never getting him.
2) Lebron was only signed after we dumped a couple contracts for a first rounder to free up cap space, where are the Cavs gonna get the max room to also sign Hayward to a max offer sheet.
3) Goddamn for the thousandth time, it's a waste of time and energy and miles to put LBJ at PF to use up his body in February boxing out irrelevant players on the Suns or Hornets.
4) Wiggins would have even less of an impact with the Cavs than Love, there's only so many possessions in a game and Wiggins would've been even less of an afterthought than Love.

I can't even with this
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Prez » 20 Apr 2017, 11:37

Dong and jitz text each other? I didn't see that one coming.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby chrisco » 20 Apr 2017, 12:08

Prez wrote:Dong and jitz text each other? I didn't see that one coming.

Maybe we should text. Do you want to text about the weather?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 11:02

I will give Bill a compliment: his guests lately have been surprisingly entertaining. Andre Ward was a really good interview.

His Ringer NBA guys just aren't nearly as good as Lowe, and the House and Sal trains have been sucked dry of any kind of appeal. His podcasts have also been seeming to be longer lately, which is not a good look.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 May 2017, 11:03

Briandong79 wrote:I will give Bill a compliment: his guests lately have been surprisingly entertaining. Andre Ward was a really good interview.

His Ringer NBA guys just aren't nearly as good as Lowe, and the House and Sal trains have been sucked dry of any kind of appeal. His podcasts have also been seeming to be longer lately, which is not a good look.

What is your opinion on Lombardi and how he fits in with the gang?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 11:06

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I will give Bill a compliment: his guests lately have been surprisingly entertaining. Andre Ward was a really good interview.

What is your opinion on Lombardi and how he fits in with the gang?

I've never really cared for Lombardi. He is ok when he's on the general NFL shows (I like most of their NFL writers actually) but I excised the GM Street he does with Tate pretty quickly. He works much better as like a 15 minute hit type of guest instead of carrying a show.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 May 2017, 11:13

I haven't listened to his stand alone podcast. I can't even go through most of Simmons' stuff anymore. Dude needs another six month hiatus
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 01 May 2017, 11:15

won't be listening till the lines podcasts start up again in the fall or he gets an interesting guest. is he still on his bizarre quest of trying to convince everyone the nba is more popular than football? i understand he hates Roger Goodell but that defied all logic. if he gets RG on his pod i will listen to that.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Jew Jitsu » 01 May 2017, 11:18

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

won't be listening till the lines podcasts start up again in the fall or he gets an interesting guest. is he still on his bizarre quest of trying to convince everyone the nba is more popular than football? i understand he hates Roger Goodell but that defied all logic. if he gets RG on his pod i will listen to that.

Speaking of irrational hate, what's his deal with Westbrook? Did Russell block him on twitter like cousins so they're both persona non grata in the Simmons household? Dude loves shoehorning Westbrook's ball hogging over the last couple weeks.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Theny » 01 May 2017, 11:19

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

By the way, he was on Lowe's podcast like a month ago. Is it me or is that strange ESPN would even sign off on that? Unless he's paving the way for a comeback to the network.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 11:20

Theny wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

By the way, he was on Lowe's podcast like a month ago. Is it me or is that strange ESPN would even sign off on that? Unless he's paving the way for a comeback to the network.

I can't imagine any chance he's going back to the network. I think ESPN has finally realized that there's some value in cross-promotion (Lowe was on Simmons' as well).
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2017, 11:46

Briandong79 wrote:
Theny wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

I can't imagine any chance he's going back to the network. I think ESPN has finally realized that there's some value in cross-promotion (Lowe was on Simmons' as well).

Yeah, ESPN knows that Bill Simmons' Podcast has dozens of listeners. They are smart to cross-promote.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 01 May 2017, 16:04

I forgot about this story with Lombardi. If Lombardi just sat around and told Raiders and Patriots stories, he'd probably be ok:

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/859022749586599937
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 01 May 2017, 16:20

Briandong79 wrote:I forgot about this story with Lombardi. If Lombardi just sat around and told Raiders and Patriots stories, he'd probably be ok:

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/859022749586599937

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh